Cannot link my account to steam

This is for troubleshooting of problems with the FAF client and Forged Alliance game.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Cannot link my account to steam

Postby VictorLictor » 25 Nov 2018, 00:37

Hi,
I used to have a FAF account linked to steam, but I've stopped playing in like 2014 or 2015 and now I can't even remember which e-mail I used back then, because apparently it was not my current one. After trying to r e s t o r e (see P.S.) my username and password with no success, I decided to create a new account because I am basically a new player now. I don't think that I still have any skill left so this is probably fair.
Now I've created a new account (VictorLictor) and when I tried to link my steam to it, I got this error:
Error You linked this account already to user with name ''{0}''.
What do I do now? Is there a way to unlink this "{0}" and make my steam linkable again? Or maybe I can somehow retieve an e-mail or login that was linked to my steam? I don't want to get a new steam account just for FAF.

P.S. The forum wanted me to remove the word "s t o r e" (without spaces) from my message because of spam filter. What the heck.
VictorLictor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: VictorLictor

Re: Cannot link my account to steam

Postby Brutus5000 » 29 Nov 2018, 00:13

Hey there!
I just released a bugfix for our api. The name should be properly shown now if you try to link again.

Please use the existing account. Creating a second account because you might have lost rating is not permitted. Your rating should adjust within less than 10 games.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby Vindicare » 06 Jan 2019, 07:42

I have a diffrent problem.
1) I have physical copies of Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance.
2) Supreme Commander's key activated via Steam without any problems.
3) Steam says my FA's key is invalid.
Is there a way to roundabout this situation? Of course I can provide photos.
Vindicare

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Vindicare

Postby Brutus5000 » 09 Jan 2019, 23:39

If you activated the Supreme Commander key, you should have received both version (Supreme Commander and also SC: Forged Alliance).
In all other cases, please contact the steam support. There is nothing we can do from our side.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby E8400-CV » 10 Jan 2019, 06:51

EA pulls the same stunts by removing expansions from the games you "own". And instead of batch undo their error they only do it one by one. Might be the same nonsense you get here with $team.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Return to Tech Support