Unique ID stuff

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Unique ID stuff

Postby Optimus_PR » 20 Mar 2012, 05:04

Account Optimus_PR on my machine is still not working? As I said in my post, I have reset my password already.... I reset it again... this does nothing... I think that the machine ID is possibly locked to another account that I created and then locked out? Is there some way that my machine can be cleaned from your system so I can use Optimus_PR on it?
The other possible user accounts I am NOT intending to use are Optimus, Darkstar and Darkstar995.
Optimus_PR

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Mar 2012, 11:54

I've found way more accounts than that. All are deleted.

Re-create a new account and stick to it.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Unkajah » 09 Dec 2012, 22:12

Is there anyway you can create a switch username button on the FAF login screen,
that clears the unique ID for the machine in use, but you can put a limit on the use, say once per 30 min, or what ever you feel is comfortable,
I just got back from a trip to visit family, my girlfriend and I learned to use FAforver and play online, so when I got home I installed FAF on my home machine,
and wanted to let my girlfriend use my laptop, but now both machines are stuck with Unkajah as the username, and we cant change it.

just give the users the ability to switch user accounts on a machine, just not often enough for anyone to exploit it.

Thanks.
Unkajah
Crusader

FAF User Name: Unkajah

Postby Ze_PilOt » 09 Dec 2012, 22:13

You are mistaken. Once a login is used on a computer, any other computer using it is free.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Unkajah » 09 Dec 2012, 22:21

so in order to free up a machine1 , I need the previous account that logged into machine1 to log into another machine(2), that will free up machine1 but then lock machine2..
so you can paint yourself into a corner if not carefull.. and for instance a family member can Lock MY computer to their username because they were the first to install and use FAF (using my computer), so you have to get them to go ahead and sign in on a different machine so I can use MY computer, and get my Own Faf account.

this seems harder than it needs to be. you've accomplished a great thing with FAF, but this account thing could be much better.
I believe possession should be 9 10ths of the law, if I am in possession of My computer, I should be able to free my computer.
Unkajah
Crusader

FAF User Name: Unkajah

Postby Ze_PilOt » 09 Dec 2012, 22:22

If anybody would be able to free his computer as he wants, it would defeat the purpose of the function, and it would be smurf party.

That's the whole problem : how do I know that it's really your computer ? If you have a better idea.. (I can maybe link it to a steam account and check for FA in it, but it would not please everybody either :)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Previous

Return to Tournaments