Invalid custom scores

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Invalid custom scores

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Feb 2012, 18:54

So, no more reports of invalid results on custom games ?
I've checked the logs of the last 3 days, I don't see any "observer" bug, but maybe I've missed one, or missed another issue.

So, speak now or forever hold your peace : If I don't get any more report, I assume that all issues are fixed, and all remaining bugs will stay for a long time after release.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Invalid custom scores

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Feb 2012, 19:26

And if you see someone complaining about score in the chat, please give him the link to this post !!
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Nascend » 18 Feb 2012, 02:33

Well, i am kinda new here so i dont really understand the score... but in (our) game where i killed 2 people and cpt for example, killed no one. i got -1 points and cpt got 0. but you were in that game so i guess i dont really have to mention it here :)
Nascend

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Chronicles » 18 Feb 2012, 09:28

I have still gotton the messed up scores when kicking an observer before starting a game. The observer gets counted as being apart of the game and the scores are always messed up because of it. Last time this happed was yesterday.
Chronicles

Postby Alcide » 18 Feb 2012, 11:46

I am new me too.
could someone give me a link with some simple explanations about the score system.
it is hard to say if there is a bug when you have no idea of what the correct outcome should be.
“Wall Street had been doing business with pieces of paper; and now someone asked for a dollar, and it was discovered that the dollar had been mislaid.” ― Upton Sinclair
Alcide
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 12:27

Chronicles wrote:I have still gotton the messed up scores when kicking an observer before starting a game. The observer gets counted as being apart of the game and the scores are always messed up because of it. Last time this happed was yesterday.

You MUST give a report. Player involved, excepted scores, ...
Because I must find THAT specific game in 40 mb of log/day... So if I don't have any info...
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 12:29

Alcide wrote:I am new me too.
could someone give me a link with some simple explanations about the score system.
it is hard to say if there is a bug when you have no idea of what the correct outcome should be.

It's all in the wiki (link on the front page of the site)
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 14:24

Nascend wrote:Well, i am kinda new here so i dont really understand the score... but in (our) game where i killed 2 people and cpt for example, killed no one. i got -1 points and cpt got 0. but you were in that game so i guess i dont really have to mention it here :)

Ok, I've found the problem, and it's not the server :(

It seems that in a case of a FFA, FA find smart to not send score. I have to debug that FA-side, won't be funny..
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Cobrand » 18 Feb 2012, 15:12

Yesterday (17/02/2012) at about 9pm thedarkraven, cyrilaupastis, velaone and cobrand did a hard fight on open palms with darkeur on obs, but he got -1 point. Of course losers lost points and winers won points, but I guess the obs point is your issue.

It happened an other time but I don't remember which game it was :( sorry.
Cobrand
Crusader

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 15:48

The observer point is normal.
Every player in the game got -1 if they don't report any score, the observer is in that case.
BUT as they are not in any team or spot on the map, Trueskill ignore these players : You see -1, but the ranks are not affected.

But don't hesitate to post reports if you have any doubt.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Tournaments