Invalid custom scores

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Invalid custom scores

Postby cptcrowbar » 18 Feb 2012, 18:01

Nascend wrote:Well, i am kinda new here so i dont really understand the score... but in (our) game where i killed 2 people and cpt for example, killed no one. i got -1 points and cpt got 0. but you were in that game so i guess i dont really have to mention it here :)

I managed to somehow do this again, I lost a match but didn't lose any points. It was 3v3 on hilly plateau vs glenn, albey and joe10. Match was in hopeless position so I just 'gg' and quit. I think that might have something to do with it. Post match message gave me 0 and no points were lost.
cptcrowbar

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 18:06

I confirm, the problem is in FA code : It return 0 if you disconnect. It should consider that as a ctrl-k.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby SpinDrah » 18 Feb 2012, 19:33

Ze_PilOt wrote:I confirm, the problem is in FA code : It return 0 if you disconnect. It should consider that as a ctrl-k.

It does consider it as ctrl-k, when you ctrl-k you don't get a -1 because no one killed you, so you get 0.

I have been trying to tell you about this for weeks but at first I am told its impossible then ignored.

when you are trying to figure out a problem you don't start with the most complex situation you can find(Costom games with 12 players and obsv) you start with the simplest(1v1 ranked) and work from there.

anyways i won't bother you with this again, its obvious you don't want my help/think its useful.
SpinDrah

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 20:05

Ooooh poor thing :)

I didn't ignored you, but I haven't time to check.
The "it's not possible" was not a complete message due to a error on my side :) The complete message was "it's not possible because all scores are sent correctly". That was and is still true.
And yes, you have -1 for ctrl-k. That was not the problem.

Actually, these are two completely separate issue.

One if a problem with FA not sending score properly. I'm currently fixing it.

The other is that the "draw" message in the server is not correctly evaluated. That's yours.
The result is that the score update of one of the player is completely discarded : The second player, the one ctrlk-ing.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Feb 2012, 22:35

Okay, I've fixed the score problem. Now it sent every player scores when die or disconnect.
It should be waaaay better even in FFA.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 19 Feb 2012, 00:30

Hmm, seems indeed better, except for one glitch :

It seems that FA send the OnDeath brain command when you lose the game and when you disconnect, resulting in -2 instead of -1.
I will fix that tomorrow, but we are getting close..
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 19 Feb 2012, 14:14

Ok, fixed the "double -1" problem.

This time it should be really better.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby david.vanisacker » 19 Feb 2012, 18:51

Hey, KVP here.

Here is the game you wanted me too report. I don't know i didn't manage to open it, so maybe there is a problem with the file.

Anyway, the game was a 4v4 on Rush Me More (Custom). In case you could not open the replay here's some info abt the game.
The game was hosted by XBX-Chiken. Other players were eldariel, DilliDalli, Skilachi,hamfeast,KVP(Me). I can't remember the others but i suppose you've got enought to find it in your logs. My teammate eldariel died first. His explosions caused another of my teamates to die. I was given the control of their units. Then i killed 3 ACU's with my teammates units(Monkeylords, i was the one who built them) and i killed the last ACU with my units (T3 gunships).

Sorry i can't remember the scores because FAF kinda crashed 10 minuts after the game. My score was 0. And i think the other scores were -1 and 0's (i may be wrong)
When i rejoined a custom game i noticed my rating had gone up (i don't if that rating is related to the custom game rating or to the ladder rating or something else ..)

Hope this helps you, GL
Bonsoir,
Attachments
19 Feb 2012 15-26 lastGame.SCFAReplay
4v4 KVP
(1017.7 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
david.vanisacker
Crusader

Postby Mond » 19 Feb 2012, 19:11

I was the one who survied with you. I got Score 0 (I didnt kill any ACU).
Mond
Crusader

FAF User Name: Mond

Postby thygrrr » 19 Feb 2012, 19:27

I played three custom games, thygrrr vs thygrrrTEST today, ctrl-ked thygrrrTEST after 2 minutes in the first an after 5 minutes in the following, and the last one under 1 minute. I was testing the score messages from the server (the output, not necessarily the correctness).

Both accounts got -1/-1 in the first (2 mins), and 0/-1 in the second (5 mins), and also 0/-1 in the last (unter 1 minute).

Is this the intended behavior?
I waited ten years for Supreme Commander (1997-2007)
and have not a single day felt disappointed with it!

thygrrr
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments