Bug Report: ACU economy overlay fails after overcharge

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Bug Report: ACU economy overlay fails after overcharge

Postby Operon » 30 Dec 2012, 01:28

I've noticed this bug since long before FAF ever came out so it may be inherent in the engine. However, if there is a simple fix that would be sweet!

Basically, while using the economy overlay, from the time you first fire overcharge on the ACU until the end of the game, it only displays the ACUs default mass/energy production and doesn't show resource use/changes if the ACU starts building again or upgrades something like Resource Allocation. Since it occurs with all ACUs and is easily repeatable on any install of FAF under a wide variety of circumstances, I won't bother with a log file or replay. It is mainly a cosmetic issue but it's always bugged me (pun intended :D ) since I like the using that overlay to figure out where my resource loads are at a glance. Thanks!
Operon

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Bug Report: ACU economy overlay fails after overcharge

Postby Ze_PilOt » 30 Dec 2012, 01:35

Possibly the same reason of the upgrade exploit/bug : It takes the default value of the blueprint instead of the computed value.

No idea of the part of the code displaying it, and if it will hurt performance or not to fix it.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Tournaments