FAF -- Not responding

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

FAF -- Not responding

Postby Combo » 29 Dec 2012, 00:50

The last couple of days FAF has very regularly become unresponsive, forcing me to shut it down then ctrl-alt-del to close the process. Often the problem reoccurs as soon as I try to reload it.

What's going on? I'm on win 8 64 bit.

Thanks

Combo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: theCombo

Re: FAF -- Not responding

Postby ColonelSheppard » 29 Dec 2012, 01:19

actually this only happens for me if i randomly click around when FAF has a freezy moment or a little lag
so maybe a more chilled usage of your mouse would already solve the problem (i mean this serious)
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Combo » 29 Dec 2012, 05:56

That's possible, but it also happens when I'm in game.

I also realized another more serious problem associated with this. The last few games the game hangs and everyone says it's me and that my data has gone to 0. I can still chat in-game, but the game is stalled.

I realized that this is happening when FAF hangs (as above). If I alt-tab and close down the unresponsive FAF client, the game immediately resumes.

This is very strange because afaik FAF is only used to set up the lobby and once in-game it doesn't have any role?
Combo

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Dec 2012, 12:41

FA send data to FAF for replays. That way, even if the server goes down, FA can still send datas somewhere.

If your local FAF is frozen, then FA can't send his data and enter a "waiting" mode. That can last for some minutes before it give up and continue.

So yes, these issues are related.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: FAF -- Not responding  Topic is solved

Postby Combo » 29 Dec 2012, 23:45

Fixed!

I was trying to figure out what I may have changed that caused this and suddenly realized I installed Avast Antivirus a couple of days ago. I turned off the 'real time shields' and immediately FAF became responsive again and this issue has not reoccurred. :D
Combo

Return to Tournaments