Crashing Happens Mid Game

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Crashing Happens Mid Game

Postby Kurgan » 11 Dec 2012, 05:40

Same problem has persisted for the past several months! Please help. In the middle of a game my game will just freeze, I am unable to get any response from the GUI, no drop down, no chat, etc. I can still ALT-TAB to kill the process. New video card and brand new Win 64 install on brand new SSD drive (larger this time). Only thing this go around to be installed is 6.1 GAZ_UI, everything else is cherry and even (this time) installed in the default directories! Logs are saved as (on http://pastebin.com):

477924-Kurgan-game.log
477924-Kurgan-faforever.log

First string is the 1v1 'ladder' game that this happened on today. I have the local replay if that is helpful, please just provide instructions on what you need. All newest patches of everything I can think of are installed...though this happened 4 weeks ago when this new build was cherry (and up to date at THAT time) as well... No consistent "trigger" for when this happens, I have seen this happen 10 minutes in on a 1v1 game or 90 minutes in on a 4x4 Thermo.
Kurgan
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kurgan

Re: Crashing Happens Mid Game

Postby Cynic » 17 Dec 2012, 19:34

Do you run dual monitors with FA? Dual monitors has been a cause of game freezes/lock up for some people. As of now, the only known fix is to disable the second monitor in FA.
Cynic
Crusader

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Kurgan » 28 Dec 2012, 19:55

Yes, I use two monitors. This seems to have gone away with newer Nvidia graphics drivers and specific settings for the 3D options like "ambient occlusion". If anyone is interested I can post all of those details. I haven't seen a crash in several weeks now with the new settings/versions. :D :D :D
Kurgan
Contributor

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kurgan

Postby Cynic » 29 Dec 2012, 01:35

Yes, I am interested in the specific video settings and driver versions that make dual monitors work. Can you please post the info so I can re-enable my second monitor? Thanks.

By the way, there is a very long thread about the dual monitor issue here:
http://www.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1737
Cynic
Crusader

Been liked: 7 times

Return to Tournaments