Kings of Seton's Clutch ($500 & King title) (may 11th)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Kings of Seton's Clutch ($500 & King title) (may 11th)

Postby HerzogGorky » 17 May 2019, 08:46

Hyalatoh wrote:I havn't watch all the game tbh. But from those i've seen, i havn't seen any exalting game with suspens, comeback, game changer moove ...

First game between two lowest rated teams was going back and forth and had at least 1 comeback from each team.
Setons games are not really that breathtaking, so it was kinda expected that out of 6 games all would be pretty much regular games with extra tryhard and teamwork. Even in 95% balance setons games are decided in first 10-20 minutes, gameenders dont get constructed often. So in games where 1 team out of 2 always had 400+ rating lead the result was quite obvious from the start.
HerzogGorky
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: HerzogGorky

Postby FtXCommando » 17 May 2019, 09:14

It’s a “King of” tournament. Putting a max rating restriction kind of goes against the whole theme of the avatar. It’s supposed to have stacked teams duking it out in order to determine who has the best gameplay. Unfortunately that means the tourney was likely to max out at 4 contestable teams max, I’d say. Dark horses can still win the tournament as well, or at least provide upsets, particularly since it’s still a double elimination tournament rather than round robin.

The main unfortunate part is that the logistics of getting a team of 4 on the client at the same time to face another group of 4 are pretty ridiculous and kind of out of everyone’s hands. Sometimes things come up and teams get broken up, which was probably what led to the ‘disappointed’ feelings of this tournament more than anything. A rating restriction would somewhat assist in this as it would not lead to one stacked team being able to face off against 3 frankenstein teams, but it would also likely lead to less high rated players playing in the first place. Which, again, destroys the concept of the tourney theme.

If people want to host another tournament like this except WITH a rating restriction or team cap or whatever, they are more than able to do so with a “Prince of Seton’s” Avatar. Just let me know if anyone is up for hosting it.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby FtXCommando » 17 May 2019, 09:23

YuriIvanov wrote:Depends on how you think about it.
It was a record-breaking FAF tournament in audience interest and attendance. I made it exactly the way it needed to be done.
I guess you just wanted to see something different. There are always different opinions and I respect yours.
If there will be opportunity in the future, maybe I will do Seton's Kings with upper rating limit as you say it should be. But it will be not 4 hour tournament, more like 10 hours (2-day).
Cheers.

I would strongly advise not doing a 2 day tournament. “We will continue tomorrow or another time” is the biggest kiss of death for any tournament on FAF. It vastly increases the difficulties of a tournament for no real reason. Even something as “easy” as a 1v1 or 2v2 where few people need to be kept track of still leaves tourneys in limbo because a time that works for everyone can’t be found. A 4v4 will almost definitely be doomed to a totally anticlimactic end or just no end at all.

The only time multiple day tournaments work out as far as I can tell is when it’s a fairly small, reliable group left that are given a time period to play their games against one another rather than yet another set time to show up for. This happened for some LOTS games and some early final BO3 or BO5 tourney games in the past.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby JaggedAppliance » 17 May 2019, 14:59

Here's my cast of all the games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udOPEIvXWVQ

"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Previous

Return to Tournaments