*CANCELED* Peace And Love Tournament - 5k USD Prize Pool

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Peace And Love Tournament - 5k USD Prize Pool

Postby ZLO_RD » 29 Dec 2018, 14:18

epic-bennis wrote:Good point by ZLO. I will edit the rule to if you do not die to enemy player then you forfeit your winnings. If someone else control+k's you then you still keep your winning since they killed you.

That case is clear... ok i formulate my questions about edge cases little better
1) •player1 comrushes player2 like a very rude person and killes his pgens.
• player1 gets himself down to 2400hp while player2 has fullHP and chasing his ACU and in range of his ACU and shooting it.
•Player2 is about to kill player1, but player 1 uses units to block player2's ACU.
•Player2 went out of range of near dead Player1 so now player1 can retreat, and player2 can never catchup
•Player2 decides to punish Player1 for cuicide tactics and ctrl+k his ACU and kills Player1 that cancered him.
Both players are out.

i mean there is a difference between ctrl+k ing to let someone esle win, or prevent someone esle from getting 50 unit cap boost
and ctrl+k-ing to revenge someone who attacked you and overestimated himself.

2) Technical question.... like super easy and obvious one...
•t3 acu flyes on t2 trans and gets killed by aa/inties.
•Game detects it as he is dead due to transport destruction.
• no unit cap bonuses are given

how do you plan to giveout unit cap bonuses in that case and other cases when player dies to some explosions of his own stuff without his intention to suicide?
game will just say "player xxx ctrl+k'ed" it will not detect a kill.

3) Some important point about rules. Player who ctrl+k's or quits when he loses considered to be intentionally preventing other player from getting a bonus and thus ruining game for everyone. If someone does that he will not get a reward and maybe also get banned from future tournaments.
•People should not just think "oh i'd rater ctrl+k and give money to charity/faf than let that guy get extra 50 unit cap". they should undertand that this is a bad thing and that is not a choice, that is them breaking rules of tournament and they may get banned for it. That is my opinion
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 29 Dec 2018, 15:42

lol hard prizepool difference between 1st and others !

too bad this tournament is in such a close future. i would have come back to FAF for such a tournament ! :mrgreen:
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Postby Blue_Owl » 29 Dec 2018, 17:06

Sign me up Bpennis!
Epic 1479 global.
Blue_Owl
Crusader

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Blue_Owl

Postby Magnetic » 29 Dec 2018, 17:12

Sign me up
Global-1695, Ladder-1539
Magnetic
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Magnetic

Postby epic-bennis » 29 Dec 2018, 18:58

ZLO_RD wrote:
epic-bennis wrote:Good point by ZLO. I will edit the rule to if you do not die to enemy player then you forfeit your winnings. If someone else control+k's you then you still keep your winning since they killed you.

That case is clear... ok i formulate my questions about edge cases little better
1) •player1 comrushes player2 like a very rude person and killes his pgens.
• player1 gets himself down to 2400hp while player2 has fullHP and chasing his ACU and in range of his ACU and shooting it.
•Player2 is about to kill player1, but player 1 uses units to block player2's ACU.
•Player2 went out of range of near dead Player1 so now player1 can retreat, and player2 can never catchup
•Player2 decides to punish Player1 for cuicide tactics and ctrl+k his ACU and kills Player1 that cancered him.
Both players are out.

i mean there is a difference between ctrl+k ing to let someone esle win, or prevent someone esle from getting 50 unit cap boost
and ctrl+k-ing to revenge someone who attacked you and overestimated himself.

2) Technical question.... like super easy and obvious one...
•t3 acu flyes on t2 trans and gets killed by aa/inties.
•Game detects it as he is dead due to transport destruction.
• no unit cap bonuses are given

how do you plan to giveout unit cap bonuses in that case and other cases when player dies to some explosions of his own stuff without his intention to suicide?
game will just say "player xxx ctrl+k'ed" it will not detect a kill.

3) Some important point about rules. Player who ctrl+k's or quits when he loses considered to be intentionally preventing other player from getting a bonus and thus ruining game for everyone. If someone does that he will not get a reward and maybe also get banned from future tournaments.
•People should not just think "oh i'd rater ctrl+k and give money to charity/faf than let that guy get extra 50 unit cap". they should undertand that this is a bad thing and that is not a choice, that is them breaking rules of tournament and they may get banned for it. That is my opinion

Whether someone trolls you, a bug or a mistake where you do not give an enemy a kill and therefore unit cap will DQ you from getting your prize. Don't see why people would want to kill someone without getting the actual kill since they lose unit cap but that is their prerogative.

Ten dollars is worth more than the threat of getting banned from faf.
epic-bennis
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: epic-bennis

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 29 Dec 2018, 21:20

You can enforce this by using code from Murder Party. That has code specifically preventing you from ctrl-k'ing your ACU. This does not solve the issue of shooting down transports carrying ACUs. That is a thing that can just happen. Either because someone has no other option but to get out with a transport, or because he misses enemy interceptors or AA when he wants to do a comdrop.

Additionally, it's perfectly fine to enforce the rule that you're not allowed to combomb an opponent you've just sent off, but the situation can occur where two ACUs fight, one dies but takes the other down in the explosion simply can happen. It seems a harsh punishment to DQ someone over that, but ok, it's part of the tourney I suppose.

But to threaten that with a ban from FAF? The tourney avoids one of the core things of the game (you'll soon lose count of how many people draw because of honest mistakes, or badly timed attacks, or something else that is not a combomb), I don't think it's fair to demand different behaviour in your tournament but at the same time threaten with a ban from the platform where it is an unavoidable part.

Just my $0.02
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby FtXCommando » 29 Dec 2018, 21:36

Lol TDs have zero authority to attempt to threaten people with FAF bans for actions in tournaments.

Client punishments are for breaking client rules. Tournament punishments are for breaking tournament rules, which is my jurisdiction.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby epic-bennis » 30 Dec 2018, 00:09

Tourney date move to January 5th, Saturday. Apologies for confusion.

Signs up close in 1 day.
Last edited by epic-bennis on 30 Dec 2018, 00:33, edited 2 times in total.
epic-bennis
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: epic-bennis

Postby Tagada » 30 Dec 2018, 00:15

Signing up!
Tagada
Global :1893 Ladder : 2071
Tagada

Has liked: 86 times