Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Re: Clash of Clans Tournament

Postby FtXCommando » 22 May 2017, 09:30

Iszh wrote:Are there any new matchups?

Waiting for BFA to submit roster for your round.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2017, 00:41

Okay, so Challonge has decided to make my 6 week swiss tourney into a 5 week one and I'm not really sure how to extend it. Lacking a better way, I'll come up with the last rounds so as many games as possible can happen.

Rounds:
[BAW] v [SNF]

[e] v [BFA]

[Com] v [??]

[SNF] has faced both [e] and [Com] and they have already sat out a round, so they must face [BAW].
[ONI] has faced [Com], [e], [BAW], and [BFA]. This means they can only face [SNF], however that is not really an option as it would then require 2 of the top 3 teams to sit out this round as all 3 of them have faced one another before. This is why [ONI] was chosen as the team that "sits out" this round.
As both [e] and [BAW] got a win by forfeit last round, I figured [Com] getting a "free round" was the most fair option for this round.

I hope people can see why I made the matches this way. If they have a problem with it or a way for all 6 clans to play that I overlooked then please PM me.

Current Results: http://challonge.com/m3cdmc0m
3-way tie for 1st between [Com], [BAW], and [e]
2-way tie for 4th between [SNF] and [BFA]
6th place [ONI]
7th place [UEF]
8th place [BFS]
9th place [PLD]
Last edited by FtXCommando on 29 May 2017, 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2017, 01:16

Round 6 Games:

[BAW] v [SNF]
1v1s:
Blast_Chilled v Dark_RiperNoob (Souvenir)
Mephi v MaitzNoob (Seraphim Outpost (top left v bottom right))
Morax v GodKngXerxesNoob (Cobalt Valley - Beta v4)

2v2s:
Mephi + Nexus- v MaitzNoob + Dark_RiperNoob (Goodlands (2 top left v 2 bottom right))
Morax + Blast_Chilled v EcoNoob + FlawlessNoob (3V3 Sand Box (close the air slot))

[e] v [BFA]
FORFEIT [e] WIN
Last edited by FtXCommando on 05 Jun 2017, 01:24, edited 2 times in total.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby everywhere116 » 30 May 2017, 06:40

Okay, so Challonge has decided to make my 6 week swiss tourney into a 5 week one and I'm not really sure how to extend it.

You're not supposed to, Challonge warns you that it can end the tournament early if you use more than the minimum number of rounds and in my experience tends to do so when it writes itself into a corner and can't make new matchups for a round without repeats. The three disbanded teams probably caused this.

This also happened in Minions and Legends tournament but there were no disbanded teams to make things worse in that one.
everywhere116

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: everywhere116

Postby FtXCommando » 03 Jun 2017, 07:13

Just a reminder that the tourney 3v3 and 4v4 are still happening today and tommorow at the original times.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby FtXCommando » 07 Jun 2017, 07:39

Current Tourney Standings:
2-way tie for 1st between [Com] and [e]
3rd place [BAW]
4th place [SNF]
5th place [BFA]
6th place [ONI]
7th place [UEF]
8th place [BFS]
9th place [PLD]

Information for [e] v [Com]

The last round to decide tourney winner is going to be a bit longer than the traditional round. I've decided to make the games for this final round a BO3 between the players. The structure will be the same, of course. There will still be 3 1v1, 2 2v2, 1 3v3, and 1 4v4 roster. Substitutions can happen in the "best of" games so long as the rule that 50% of the original roster is kept. Also, the "best of" games do not need to happen all at once. This last round will go for a period of two weeks in order to provide enough time for all of these games to take place.

For the 1v1s, [e] will choose the first map. Then, [Com] will choose the second map.
For the 2v2s, [Com] will choose the first map. Then, [e] will choose the second map.
For the 3v3, [e] will choose the first map. Then, [Com] will choose the second map.
For the 4v4, [Com] will choose the first map. Then, [e] will choose the second map.

A new selection of maps will be posted to act as the tie breaker round that are chosen in the traditional RNG method. Any map is acceptable so long as it is fair to both teams. If a map is found to give an unfair advantage, then the team that chose that map risks forfeiting that round. If a player has a complaint about a map, then I will deal with it.

Again, there will be 3 players for each clan for the 1v1s and 2 teams of 2 for the 2v2s. Each player for the 1v1s will be responsible for facing their opponent in 3 games. Likewise, each team of 2 will be responsible for facing their opponents in 3 games as well.

The roster rules will also remain the same. I only need 1v1 and 2v2 players while the 3v3s and 4v4s will be left up to clan leaders to schedule. The default time for these 3v3s and 4v4s will be the same set time on Saturday/Sunday. The goal will be to finish 2 of each of the 3v3/4v4 this Saturday and Sunday and if a tie happens, the next weekend will be used to resolve it with a final game. Any breaks from this timeline must be agreed to by both clan leaders and I must also be informed of it.

This final round will formally end on 6/20, just about 2 months after the tourney started.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby FtXCommando » 13 Jun 2017, 08:53

Last Round Games:

1v1s:
theeggroll v JaggedAppliance
FtXCommando v Heaven
Bembel v Tokyto_

2v2s:
theggroll + Farmsletje v Tokyto_ + speed2
Bembel + FtXCommando v JaggedAppliance + Heaven

I'll have the maps for the 3rd game in the BO3 up at some point this week depending on when I can get SvedkaSnake online to pick them.

Also, due to the delay, the tourney round will be extended to end on the 25th rather than the 20th as I had just finished finals/flew back home so I wasn't able to get the roster information when I wanted to.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby speed2 » 13 Jun 2017, 09:27

Who should I be looking for? The real or fake usernames?
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby FtXCommando » 13 Jun 2017, 10:19

speed2 wrote:Who should I be looking for? The real or fake usernames?

The username I wrote is the name you should look for in the lobby.
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments