Clash of Clans Tournament

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: Clash of Clans Tournament

Postby FtXCommando » 17 Mar 2017, 16:40

Iszh wrote:Atm i will sign up here:

UEF clan sign up.JPG

BUT i have to admit two things here:

1.) Ammount of games is even more than IGC with 3 1v1 games and it is a lot of work to organize this over working week

2.) especially with not to be allwed to change more than 50% of my team. In IGC rooster was made at the tourney day when all people collected and that was always difficult.

Maybe your idea to play the 1v1 games and 2v2 games flexible over the week is good, no idea it feels difficult for me to organize.

Thanks for your concern, but the freetime issue won't be a large issue for me. I'm a college kid who has gained quite a bit of freetime recently so this is just one way I can fill up my schedule.

The logic with the additional 1v1s revolve around the idea that if your clan can't get 3 people online during the span of a week for their 1v1 matches, then they more than likely aren't going to be able to get 4 people online at a specified time for a 4v4 either. While it is more 1v1s, the games are not BO3 so all a person needs to spare during their week is 30 minutes at max for their game.

My tournament philosophy is based around the concept of flexibility because I am not completely sure what the clan activity on FAF is currently. I do not want rigid schedules or anything like that because I find that tends to add an additional issue for clans to overcome in order to participate (not only having the members but also having the members that can play at a specified time). I had conversations with several people more experienced with tournaments than me and I sacrificed some flexibility in order to prevent abuses in the tournament, however. The 50% rule for the roster is part of that. There is no point in making a roster if the entire team can just be changed, and I would hate to have a roster of 1300s suddenly turn into a roster of 2000s from some of the larger clans.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby EcoNoob » 20 Mar 2017, 22:49

Hi, I'm signing up the clan Special Noob Forces for the tourney. Our tag is [SNF]. I, EcoNoob, will be our clan leader.
EcoNoob

Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 70 times
FAF User Name: EcoNoob

Postby Fast-Thick-Pants » 21 Mar 2017, 02:16

The Break A Wish Foundation [BAW] shall enter into the fray, I will act as team leader.
And from this chasm, with ceaseless turmoil seething,
As if this earth in fast thick pants were breathing,
Fast-Thick-Pants

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Blimey

Postby TheBlackWolf » 24 Mar 2017, 04:12

Signing "Better Faster Stronger" BFS clan up for tourny
TheBlackWolf
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: TheBlackWolf

Postby Clinch » 28 Mar 2017, 20:23

Hi, i'm signing up the clan Belgian French Alliance [BFA]. i'm (Clinch) the clan leader.
Clinch

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Clinch

Postby theeggroll » 30 Mar 2017, 21:20

MAPS FOR WEEK ONE
1v1's
1. Stella Maris WM 1v1
2. Ambush Pass (north v south)
3. Veil of Stars V3
2v2's
1. Phenom Spartiate v2 (2 top left v 2 bottom right)
2. Bloodthrone (2 top left v 2 bottom right)
3v3 map:
Hrungdaks Canyon 3v3
4v4 map:
Diversity EP (bottom 4 left v top 4 right)

This map selection was streamed by me, feel free to look through my stream Archive here https://www.twitch.tv/theeggroll_
Good luck with week one everyone! I hope we get to see some pretty quality matches between you guys!
Good hunting commanders :)
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby FtXCommando » 30 Mar 2017, 21:27

theeggroll wrote:MAPS FOR WEEK ONE
1v1's
1. Stella Maris WM 1v1
2. Ambush Pass (north v south)
3. Veil of Stars V3
2v2's
1. Phenom Spartiate v2 (2 top left v 2 bottom right)
2. Bloodthrone (2 top left v 2 bottom right)
3v3 map:
Hrungdaks Canyon 3v3
4v4 map:
Diversity EP (bottom 4 left v top 4 right)

This map selection was streamed by me, feel free to look through my stream Archive here https://www.twitch.tv/theeggroll_
Good luck with week one everyone! I hope we get to see some pretty quality matches between you guys!
Good hunting commanders :)

Since it is the first week I will reiterate what clan leaders should ask of their clanmates.

You can link them this map set, ask who wants to do a specific map. If someone says they want to play a specific map for 1v1 or 2v2, then please inform me of which map they want to specifically play. If they just say they want to play a 1v1 or 2v2, then you can just submit them without a map choice and I will balance the games between teams so that there will be as many high balance quality matches as possible.

This means if 1 clan submits: 1500, 1700, 1900
and another clan submits: 1200, 1500, 1600

The matches will be 1500 - 1500, 1700 - 1600, 1900 - 1200 as it creates the groups that will lead to the most interesting matches balance-wise. If both teams are upset and would like the matches to be reorganized, I am willing to change teams around provided both of the playing teams agree to it.

The rating that will be considered "your rating" will be the highest of your ladder or global for when I am balancing teams. If you state a map preference for a 1v1 or 2v2 team, then I will not move you from that stated map.

PLEASE SUBMIT ROSTERS BY 4/16 SO I CAN MAKE TEAMS THANKS
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Exotic_Retard » 31 Mar 2017, 00:45

The most glorious empire clan signs up for this tournament

Prestigious Leader: Tokyto_
Loyal Slaves: speed2 can edit this later or someshit?

and yes you saw correctly, the above image is indeed a statue of Tokyto_
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Blodir » 06 Apr 2017, 09:26

Hello, I'm looking for people to form a clan with and play in this tournament.

http://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&p=146467
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby FtXCommando » 11 Apr 2017, 19:13

I decided to make a slight change to the weight of the rounds. I took a point off of the 4v4 segment and made it weigh 4 pts just like the 3v3 round. I figured there were no logical reason for it to be worth more than the 3v3. If a clan won the 3v3 and the other clan won the 4v4, they should really be tied in points rather than one being ahead. Since the 3v3/4v4 both are more of the "organizational" rounds of the tournament where clans prove if they can work together, it makes sense in the case of a draw to let the 2v2s to decide the rounds. The 2v2s are more individual-based while still keeping some of the communication/teamwork focus. Then, if the 2v2s are also tied, the 1v1s will determine the better clan. Since there is an odd number of 1v1s, they will determine which clan is better on the individual level since both clans are basically of equal parity on the teamwork level.

The reasoning used for the point distribution can be compared to a macro v micro situation where if both players in a game have equal macro skill the micro will determine the game.

Also, this is just an explanation for the point distribution; what I said has nothing to do with how rounds will be scheduled or anything like that.

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments