3v3 under 4200 tourney

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

3v3 under 4200 tourney

Postby CookieNoob » 15 Feb 2017, 22:23

3v3 tourney, under 4200 rating combined
Nomads release tournament

Tournament Directors: [SNF]CookieNoob & [SNF]PinkFluffyNoob

At least two members of the team have to pick nomads.

When? Sa. 4th of March 2017, 15:00 GMT = 16:00 CET*
End of Signups: Sa. 4th of March 2017, 14:00 GMT = 15:00 CET*
IRC channel: #NomadsTourney
Bracket and Matchups: http://challonge.com/zdijijsz

*if you are not sure if I did the timezones correctly: the CET time is the one which counts! http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
or use this: https://time.is/CET

The tourney will use an experimental tourney bot, which will allow to reshuffle the teams that are above the rating restriction or not complete. So if your teammates dont show up, just join the channel and we will find a solution. If you want to sign up and dont have a team, you can also register as single player without team and let the tourney bot decide. Predefined teams of 2 players are not possible atm (in this case try to find a third person).

The featured mod 'nomads' is working again! It adds a completely new faction to the game with a unique background and abilities. Orbital artillery, folding transports, underwater mobile missile launcher and intelligence drones... all that and many more assets like these are in the arsenal of the nomads...

... and you will need it all of them to win this tournament!

Casters: tba

Prize pool:
1st place: Nomad Tournament Winner
2nd place: faction face avatar
3rd place: faction logo avatar

Tournament style:
Double elimination, swiss style if there are less than 8 teams.

Tournament rules:
Spoiler: show
- each team has to have at least two nomad player
- Combined rating (global and ladder, the higher one counts for each player individually) of the players in one team is below 4200 at the day of the tourney
- Maps will be chosen by the TD on the tournament start for each bracket(!). The maps from the map pool will not be played more than 3 times in total and only once per team (max).
- Tournament Director have rights to change the rules anytime.
- A team that is late by 15 minutes will be kicked out of the tournament. Try to be in the channel some time before the tourney starts, so we can start without delay!
- The games will follow faf rules and ethics, anything that is deemed bannable will cost you points.
- Any team that causes a delay of more than 10 minutes runs at risk of being kicked from the tourney.
- Standard game options are the default options. Advanced game options and spawn positions are set individually by the TD for each matchup before the round starts.
- If a player drops due to disconnect in first 5 minutes he might ask for a rehost, which must be authorized by the Tournament Director. (To prevent ragequits)
- Game is hosted by the player who is mentioned first in the ping with the configurations (see the manual https://i.imgur.com/EUt5J0T.jpg )
- Always wait for your ally to die, so you don't desync the game by leaving!
- Host of the game has to make sure that the latest version of the map is played (check in the vault before each game)

Map pool: All maps in the map pool are V2!! (except Regor Highlands and Field of Great Poenix)
  • Adaptive New Canis
  • Adaptive Setons Clutch
  • Adaptive Neptune
  • Adaptive Hilly Plateau
  • Adaptive Flooded Tabula Rasa
  • Adaptive Canis River
  • Adaptive Wonder Open
  • Adaptive Zeta Wonder
  • Adaptive Point of Reach
  • Adaptive Point of Reason
  • Adaptive Ians Cross
  • Adaptive Hrungdaks Canyon
  • Adaptive Argon
  • Adaptive Flooded Argon
  • Adaptive Twin Rivers
  • Adaptive Corona
  • Adaptive Flooded Corona
  • Adaptive Regor Highlands (Version 3)
  • Adaptive Fields of Great Phoenix (Version 3)
  • Adaptive Diversity
  • Adaptive Syrtis Major

precise settings used for the matches:
New Canis: 1+13+11x2+14+12(reclaim starting ress. = more reclaim, reclaim - middle = some reclaim, civilians = base t1 defences)
New Canis: 10+8+11x12+9+7 (dynamic spawn = all mexes, civilians = base no defences, reclaim - middle = more reclaim)
Setons: 1+13+3x14+4+2 (number middlemex = disabed, number sidemex = disabled, additional underwatermex = enabled, reclaim - back = one t2 pgen)
Setons: 15+3+11x16+4+12 (additional underwatermex = more mex, reclaim - middle = some reclaim, Civilian Base = t3, reclaim - back = two t2 pgen, expand 10min, Hard FFA)
Neptune: 7+9+10x8+12+11 (number middlemex = disabed, reclaim = fleet+ bomber)
Neptune: 13+1+9x14+2+12 (dynamic spawn = 1 mex CRAZYRUSH, underwater mexes = disabled, number middlemex = disabed)
Hilly: 16+14+12x15+13+11 (additional reclaim = megabot, number side mex (middle) = enabled, additional mex = enabled, close spawn mex 7+8, civ. base middle = t2 defences, heavy defences middle = walls + shields)
Hilly: 1+3+16x2+4+15 (dynamic spawn = hilly 4v4 mexes, number side mex(middle) = more mex, additional reclaim = some reclaim, civ base side = t1 defences)
Flooded Tabula: 8+10+1x2+9+7 (additional hydros = enabled, reclaim = more reclaim, reclaim (side) = battleship, Civilians = t1 def)
Flooded Tabula: 10+14+2x9+13+1 (civilians = base - t3 defences, additional reclaim = destroyer+frigates, additional sidemex = disabled, additional middlemex = enabled)
Canis: 10+4+2x1+3+9 (civilians = base - t2 defences, reclaim - side = stratbomber, reclaim - middle = lot of reclaim, change natural reclaim = 0.4 times lower, close spawn mex 11+12)
Canis: 14+12+2x1+13+11 (dynamic spawn = CRAZYRUSH mexes)
Wonder Open: 2+4+6x1+3+5 (dynamic spawn = all mexes, number middle mex = disabled, number side mex top = disabled, number side mex bottom = disabled, Hard FFA)
Wonder Open: 9+16+4x3+15+10 (number middle mex = even more mass, reclaim - middle = more reclaim, civilian base = t1 defences, close spawn mex 13+14)
Point of Reach: 5+9+8x6+10+7 (reclaim = ships+air+island, Civilian Base = enabled - t1 defences, reclaim - middle = very large fleet, close spawn mex 3+4)
Point of Reach: 13+11+15x14+12+16 (FORWARD CRAZYRUSH mex = enabled)
Point of Reason: 5+9+8x6+10+7 (reclaim = ships+air+island, Civilian Base = enabled - t2 defences, reclaim - middle = small fleet, close spawn mex 1-4)
Point of Reason: 13+11+15x14+12+16 (FORWARD CRAZYRUSH mex = enabled, close spawn mex = 7+8)
Ians Cross: 5+12+9x6+11+10 (additional middlemex = more mex, additional sidemex = more mex)
Ians Cross: 1+5+8x2+6+7 (reclaim - middle = aeon patrol, additional sidemex = more side mexes, close spawn mex 11+12)
Ians Cross: 2+4+10+x1+3+9 (claustrophobia, preset = custom, startuptime = 10 min, shrink interval = 30 sec, shrink count = 25, end size = not small, close spawn mex 15+16)
Hungdaks Cayon: 15+7+11x16+12+8 (jamming = enabled, additional reclaim = more reclaim, civilian base = t1 defences, number sidemex = more mex)
Hungdaks Cayon: 3+13+11x12+4+14 (dynamic spawn = all mexes, civilian base = t2 defences+shields, FORWARD CRAZYRUSH MEX)
Argon: 12+14+16x11+13+15 (civ. base side = t1 defences, civ. base middle = t1 defences, number middlemex = more mex, number sidemex = more mex, claustrophobia, close spawn mex 5-8)
Argon: 4+10+2x1+3+9 (FORWARD CRAZYRUSH mex = enabled, t1 civ base mid + extreme shields, close spawn mex 11+12, Hard FFA)
Flooded Argon: 14+16+8x13+15+7 (dynamic spawn = all mexes, more reclaim, civ. base side = t3 civs, civ. base side shield = more shields)
Flooded Argon: 1+4+15x16+3+2 (reclaim = much more reclaim, number sidemex = more mex, civ. base side = t2 defences, civ. base side shield = some shields, close spawn mex 5-8)
Twin Rivers: 14+16+2x15+13+1 (t2 wrecks, more mid mexes, enabled more hydros, close spawn mex 3+4)
Twin Rivers: 9+11+13x14+10+12 (dynamic spawn = all mex, Hard FFA)
Fields of Great Phoenix: 6+8+10x9+7+5 (dynamic spawn = 1 CRAZYRUSH mex, reclaim = ahwassa)
Fields of Great Phoenix: 15+7+6x16+8+5 (t1/t2 navy+strat, t1 civs on the mid, t1 civs on sides, more underwater mexes, more sidemexes, additional mexes enabled)
Fields of the Great Phoenix: 14+8+6x13+5+7 (reclaim = t1/t2 navy+ stratbomber, additional mex = enabled, additional underwater mex = enabled, number middlemex = more mex, claustrophobia)
Flooded Corona: 10+5+11x12+6+9 (FORWARD CRAZYRUSH mex = enabled, additional hydros = enabled)
Flooded Corona: 16+14+12x15+13+11 (dynamic spawn = 4v4 mexes, civilians = no def, reclaim = much more reclaim)
Flooded Corona: 16+9+8x7+10+15 (number plateaumex = enabled, civ base side = t1 defences, civ base side shields = some shields, natural reclaim 0.8 times lower)
Regor: 10+6+4x9+3+5 (reclaim = no additional reclaim, dynamic spawn = CRAZYRUSH 1 mex)
Regor: 1+5+11x2+6+12 (additional middlemex = more mex)
Regor: 2+8+9x10+7+1 (number middlemex = more mex, number underwater mex = fewer mexes, number backmex = fewer mex, reclaim middle = no relcaim, reclaim side = small t2 army, change natural reclaim = 2 times higher)
New Zeta Wonder: 14+4+16x13+15+4 (number middlemex = more mexes, number sidemex = more mex, reclaim side = medium t3 force)
New Zeta Wonder: 1+3+11x2+12+4 (civilian base = t3+shields, Hard FFA BEWARE THE CIVILIANS!!!)
Diversity: 3+7+5x4+8+6 (additional mex = enabled, reclaim = more reclaim, additional hydro = enabled, civilian base = t2 defences, civilian shields = some shields, close spawn mex 9+10, claustrophobia)
Diversity: 7+9+12x8+10+11 (forward crazyrushmex = enabled, underwatermex = much more mex, additional mex = enabled, reclaim = much more reclaim, additional hydro = enabled, civilian base = t1 defences, civilian shields = more shields, close spawn mex 1+2+5+6)
Syrtis Major: 1+9+3x2+10+4 (civilian base = large base-t2 defences, change neutral reclaim = 0.6 times lower, Hard FFA, close spawn mex 15+16)
Syrtis Major: 13+3+15x14+4+16 (civilian base = large base-no defences, change neutral reclaim = 3 times higher, number plateaumex = disabled)
Syrtis Major: 4+10+2x3+9+1 (dynamic spawn of mexes = enabled crazyrush 1 mex, civilian base = disabled, change neutral reclaim = 0.2 times lower, number plateaumex = disabled, number middlemex = disabled, number sidemex = disabled)

Only in the first round: one of the tds will join and check if all options are set correctly. START THE FIRST GAME ONLY AFTER A "OK" FROM A TD.

how to prepare:
  • play the maps in the list and try some of these configurations
  • try alternative options, i.e. crazyrush, civilians,...
  • play nomads!
  • read the manual https://i.imgur.com/EUt5J0T.jpg
  • download the mod "Hard FFA V3" and try it out
  • try to get your teammates on teamspeak/skype/mumble

Current sign ups:
looking for teammate:
csoller everywhere116
BlackRonin Luksor

team:
FtXCommando theeggroll UILagger
MarshmalloGhosty Ravendown slyeye
WhataNoob HornyNoob +X

alone:
FlyBoyBoom
Cash_Me_Outside
Plasma_Wolf
MarshalLichKing
SupremeBurger
EcoNoob
PappyNoob
hirschy
Fatel_Energy
Blast_Chilled
Last edited by CookieNoob on 04 Mar 2017, 15:42, edited 24 times in total.
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Re: Nomads release tournament

Postby FlyBoyBoom » 20 Feb 2017, 14:21

a single pringle overhere ..
FlyBoyBoom

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: FlyBoyBoom

Re: Nomads release tournament

Postby Beastmode » 01 Mar 2017, 17:31

Registering lone wolf (subject to change if I find a team prior to tourney.)
https://www.youtube.com/user/MaSTeRgUnS22/videos

*Reading this Signature fills you with Determination!

Victor of the first ladder week event.
Winning team of first Crumbly Cookie Christmas Tournament: Stups/Tokyto/Myself
Beastmode
Contributor

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Determination

Re: 3v3 under 4200 tourney

Postby theeggroll » 02 Mar 2017, 01:02

FtxCommando (1600) theeggroll (1400) and UILagger (1200) Signing up as team America. (Yes I just claimed you UILagger)
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby Farmsletje » 02 Mar 2017, 05:30

I found some time for it, so i hax my way into the tourney with 1.6k rating :))))

In search for 2 slaves with an average of 1300 rating
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby CxxxCUPS » 02 Mar 2017, 08:17

I want to play. How do I join? P.S., I have no friends ;^(

What voice platform is most common? TS?
CxxxCUPS
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: cups

Postby CookieNoob » 02 Mar 2017, 11:10

CxxxCUPS wrote:I want to play. How do I join? P.S., I have no friends ;^(

What voice platform is most common? TS?

To signup, just post your current FAF name here, together with some message like "I sign up, my current FAF name is XXXXX"

you can sign up alone: on the day of the tourney just before the tourney starts, all players that are not in a team will be assigned teammates.
or
you can signup as a team: the current implementation of the tourney bot doesnt allow incomplete teams, so you have to sign up with 3 players. A team of 2 will be put in the "looking for teammates" part of the initial post, however: if they dont find a 3rd teammate, they will be treated as single signups.

Most common is probably discord or skype, there is also mumble and teamspeak ofc. You will have a couple of minutes to decide on one of them after you got the teammates assigned and before the tourney starts.
CookieNoob
Priest

Postby Farmsletje » 02 Mar 2017, 17:56

Just a quick question.

"At least two members of the team have to pick nomads."

Isn't this a bit too much? I mean, ofc we want to see some nomads action but this means that 66% of the players will be nomads and the other factions will see (on average) only 8% coverage, which is a really tiny amount compared to nomads. Imo it would make more sense to make it "at least one member..." so we could see more nomads on other faction action.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby CookieNoob » 02 Mar 2017, 18:24

I had it like that (i.e. only one member of the team has to pick nomads) before, but the tourney champion avatar is "King of nomads Nomads Tournament Champion" xD well... that kinda suggests to increase the amount of nomads in the tourney...

I can change it to "tournament champion" ofc, and make it "one member per team". Maybe I can get the "Holy trinity avatar" for the tourney...

EDIT: corrected name of the avatar
Last edited by CookieNoob on 02 Mar 2017, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
CookieNoob
Priest

Postby Exotic_Retard » 02 Mar 2017, 18:59

dont worry farm it will be 66% nomads and 33% uef

assuming each uef com has 2 gloves, thats enough to go around for all the nomads.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Next

Return to Tournaments