(86.19 KiB) Downloaded 1378 times
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Re: == IMBA CUP II ==

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 11 Jun 2012, 17:36

Gowerly wrote:I played an FFA way back when on... The map that looks like pizza slices. For some reason I'm thinking it's called Canis River.

I tried to TML SupComNick. However, I didn't build 3 TMLs in a line, but one behind the other two (just the one square).
This meant that there was a game tick between the first two hitting and the last one hitting, whereupon his T3 Engineering suite ACU went from 6000HP to 6002HP. The third TML took him down to 2HP and he got away. From there he won the game.

Alas, I do not have the replay for it. Needless to say I was suitably aggrieved.

I had that in an 1v1 once. I wasn't certain my army could take the enemy ACU, defences and army on while keeping the enemy in the defensive position after the battle was over. The TML strike reduced his HP with 12K-1 HP (while he didn't have any upgrades), so all I had to do was hit him with some mantii or Hoplites, so even though it didn't kill him, the strike was a success.

Also, the map you are thinking of is indeed most commonly referred to as Pizza map, but it's actually called Crossfire Canal (It's something with a C and some water in it so the mistake is perfectly understandable).
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 11 Jun 2012, 18:02

Grand Final

After intense weeks of war, we're arriving to the final Round of this Imba Cup 2.

First, congratulation to NEFARIOUS for his 3rd place, winning 20€ and an avatar the day we'll have avatars on FAF

The grand final will be a Bo5 between ARMMAGEDON (winner bracket winner) and Lu_Xun_17 (loser bracket winner)
It will be played and probably livecasted this coming sunday evening

Yesterday, a player had picked up the map order of the last 5 maps of the mappool :

map 1 = Painted Desert
map 2 = Badlands
map 3 = Heaven Reef
map 4 = Four Hills
map 5 = White Fire
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 11 Jun 2012, 20:58

As Nefarious cheated in his last Bo3, and probably in the previous other matches, he's sadly banned from the tournament.

The 20€ he won for 3rd place will be given to 4th player : Zock, or to ZeP to help the server

I hope the moderator team of the the lobby will take care of him not to cheat elsewhere.

(For those who think i take a decision before being 100% sure, just watch game 2 in nefarious's view.
2 other games are harder to guess)

cheating can't be unpunished.
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Postby eXivo » 11 Jun 2012, 21:41

what cheating? you must get your facts straight....
or was it not enough that the transport was bugged to not drop and that the expanding engie took a hike the wrong way for no apparent reason?
Be inspired to learn. Then aspire to disturb.
eXivo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_eXivo

Postby TA4Life » 11 Jun 2012, 21:45

There was absolutely no way nef could have known about that t2 drop from lu xun at 13 minutes. The only reason nef's airforce was given a move order was to intercept that transport, it wasn't as if the interceptors were sent somewhere else and accidentally ran into the transport. This looks a lot as if someone else was watching the live stream and gave nef a tip about the drop. Did I miss something?
TA4Life

Been liked: 3 times

Postby eXivo » 11 Jun 2012, 21:51

and if he had seen it by some other unit just for a slit second? like by scouting or something?
and even if, how exactly would u perform such a "cheat"? it's not possible is it? and live is 1 min behind which i told zep is not enough...
eXivo

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 11 Jun 2012, 22:03

This T2 transport could have been taken luckily, it's not the main proof :

So, for those who don't believe me (well not me, but us as i received a certain number of pms this afternoon, telling me this same information).

So here are the obvious cheating moments in game 2 : (watch replay in nefarious view)

1:26 cancel of 1st unit order in land factory to add 2 mobbile AA (score was off, but well, why not if you're really affraid of this bo, but when you're affraid, you add this in your initial build order, so more when you've trained more than 10 games on the map)(this one is not a proof i agree, can be luck)

1:43 luck again, the AA directly goes on the good side, exactly where the bomber will soon appear

1:46 This is no more luck : the engi focused by bomber makes a move order to dodge the bomb (before even knowing that the bomber is attacking this engi, at least even before knowing i'm going for an air first.)

2:29 2nd shoot of the bomber, still perfectly dodged without any radar. I believe some excellent timing skills could permit to guess when the bomb will be dropped, but the way my bomber followed was so ugly and random that i doubt it can be timed.

until 3:20, the 2nd expanding engi manages to dodge 3 attacks still without radar visio. this time bomber was making a regular circle, so maybe it's possible to time the bombs, but i'm far far from getting the skills to do this. :roll:

5:14 : Ultimate proof : the arty going behind my base, absolutly alone, guess a bomber will come , and receive a dodge move order at the perfect timing lol. This one is by far my favorite :lol: Here it's no more question of luck, no more question of timing, it can only be cheating...

I could continue to make review of this game, but i'll stop as it's already obvious enough. And i think funny that even by cheating this player manages to lose the game!

eXivo, you can answer what you want to this post, you won't have any response, as i'm no more moderator in the supcom community, i don't have to hunt cheaters anymore.
I just take care of my tournament to happen well, which is a fail seeing a cheater went so far in the tournament...
Last edited by Lu_Xun_17 on 11 Jun 2012, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Postby eXivo » 11 Jun 2012, 22:15

1.26 forgot to put into initial build

1.43 it's the most logical bomb site

1.46 saw it

2.29 skillz

3.20 same

5.14 moving for a better angle on the hydro as u may know that the hill blocks arty shots on 95% of the hill

pls stop being an asshole...
eXivo

Postby TA4Life » 11 Jun 2012, 22:19

To me it is proof, but people should make up their own mind.
Last edited by TA4Life on 12 Jun 2012, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
TA4Life

Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments