World-Wide Peoples' Championship Map Pool ('16+)

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: WWPC Map Pool (2015+)

Postby Sir Prize » 18 Jul 2015, 08:21

What's wrong with it? Contestable expansions and no major choke points, these are good things. It looks kinda similar to Crimson Feud to me but with less mass, and that's your favourite map.

My vote would be to have some team game maps, there's a skill to playing on them that is every bit as legitimate as being good on other types of maps.

Morax, I know you want spoilered tangent contents kept out of here, but it is relevant: if there's no way to stop one player being way more prepared for a map than the other, then I actually vote for none of my (or anyone else's) suggested maps to be added and for a massive purge of the Bo5 pool.
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby TheKoopa » 18 Jul 2015, 22:31

What's wrong with it? Contestable expansions and no major choke points, these are good things. It looks kinda similar to Crimson Feud to me but with less mass, and that's your favourite map.

No, crimson has less mass than this map. This map has absoloutely retarded amounts of rocks in middle, in corners, in base, etc. The textures/strata absoloutely destroys eyes. The retarded hills don't let any attacker pass by even if defender have less tanks. Absoloute fucktons of pathfinding issues, etc etc.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Sir Prize » 19 Jul 2015, 08:49

So I just did a quick sandbox on each and you're so wildly wrong I'm beginning to think we're talking about different maps. Boogie-Woogie has 25 mass points and 3500 reclaim, Crimson Feud has 42 mass points and 8550 reclaim. I can't think of a higher-mass 5x5 map. It looks like you've played this map once only, so I watched it to see where all this rage has come from, and it looks like a normal game to me with no pathfinding issues, and I couldn't replicate anything in my reclaim/test sandbox game. I actually prefer the look of Boogie to Crimson too, I've never been a fan of the kind of random decal change on Crimson, but that's purely subjective (and if I cared about graphics I wouldn't be playing FA anyway) and Crimson's a reasonable map to play on.

TD's decision of course, I only discovered this map from looking for some decent 5x5 maps for my own tourney and can't really judge it, but, no offence, neither can you it seems. I look forward to the TDs testing it properly and making an informed, less ragey decision on it.
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Postby TheKoopa » 19 Jul 2015, 23:45

I can't think of a higher-mass 5x5 map

Easy, Crag Dunes :D

TD's decision of course, I only discovered this map from looking for some decent 5x5 maps for my own tourney and can't really judge it, but, no offence, neither can you it seems.

But have you actually played this map? I have, 3-4 times. The map is quite basically 3 chokepoints with space for 1 unit at a time to get over hill, that is if it doesn't get stuck. As said before, the retarded hills near start position makes it basically impossible to get through to the main base, even if you have a numbers advantage. The same thing can actually be said about trying to raid the hills.

The gameplay wasn't very good either, in the games I played I literally just sat in base defending until I caught my opponent's ACU, even though he had superior unit numbers.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Postby Sir Prize » 20 Jul 2015, 05:42

Post some replays? There's only one game in your vault, and that's not how it played out. I watched a fair few replays on the maps a couple months ago when I made the list and didn't see much evidence of games you described, but I can't remember now and I'm on my phone.

As far as Crag/Crimson goes, don't forget the 42 mass points, but yeah they're both pretty nuts. And both way, way more than boogie-woogie ;)
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Postby TheKoopa » 20 Jul 2015, 22:26

True, it took place on the 2v2 version, but it's basically the same thing (no hydros and big extra 3 mex in base!). YOu will see how I play terribly and I STILL beat System because of the hills.

TheKoopa
Contributor

Postby Morax » 21 Jul 2015, 16:00

Man, this is a lot of conversation about one map.

Will have to play it asap and see what the commotion is about...
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Mephi » 21 Jul 2015, 17:32

just add more 20km maps, easy :mrgreen:
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby Sir Prize » 22 Jul 2015, 03:24

Haha so we actually ARE talking about different maps! Look, as a fan of Theta Passage, I wouldn't want Theta 2v2 in the map pool for exactly the reason you're saying - I think the mass layout changes the map massively, so without having watched enough replays to compare I suspect it might be the same issue.

But yeah this has got a bit out of proportion hasn't it. I'm happy to play some maps at some point this weekend if TDs need another vaguely Morax-rated player for testing purposes (Koppa has a better timezone and similar rating too if he's keen - play testing>forum posting after all).
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Postby Zock » 22 Apr 2016, 20:58

Zock vs Mephi replays:

Spoiler: show
3.5 - 0.5

4680516-Zock.fafreplay
(35.13 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

4680467-Zock.fafreplay
(44.09 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

4680439-Zock.fafreplay
(39.7 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Last edited by Zock on 22 Apr 2016, 20:59, edited 2 times in total.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments