LegendoftheStars End-of-the-Year 2019 Championship

Tournaments announces and results.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Stups

Re: LegendoftheStars End-of-the-Year 2019 Championship

Postby FtXCommando » 02 Dec 2019, 09:55

armacham01 wrote:So this is how the tournament will be narrowed from 16 people to 8 people. I think, based on his description written above, that the same thing will happen to shrink the tournament from 8 to 4 people (2 chunks, each with 5 BO3s).

I'm not sure how he's going to arrange the finals and semi-finals. He wrote that there will be Best of 7s for those. I don't know if it's going to be 1 "chunk" with 5 BO7s or if he has some other way of arranging the finals/semifinals.

No, it plays like a regular challonge bracket. You get seeding based on your placement in the group stages and you play a BO3 against the dude you are seeded against. That concludes Day 1 of the tourney and leaves 4 people.

Day 2 has a BO5 as the quarter finals and a BO7 for the 3rd/4th place game and the 1st/2nd place game.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 466 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Re: LegendoftheStars End-of-the-Year 2019 Championship

Postby armacham01 » 02 Dec 2019, 12:15

Thanks for clarifying--I think you are saying that the group brackets, which happen on Day 1, are used to get from 16 to 8 players. After that, there are no more group brackets. After that it will be a single-elimination tournament.

To get from 8 to 4 players, it will be 4 pairs of players each playing BO3s. This also happen on Day 1.

Then Day 2 will be: 4 players remain, there will be two pairs of players, each pair plays a BO5. The winners of the BO5s go on to play a BO7 for 1st/2nd place and the losers go on to play a BO7 for 3rd/4th place.
armacham01

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: II__4rma473__II

Previous

Return to Tournaments