Fullscreen script (Dual Screen & Single Screen)

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Fullscreen script (updated)

Postby tatsu » 12 Sep 2017, 21:13

JoonasTo wrote:I didn't like having this script running all the time for nothing so I made myself an .exe file to run it only when FAF is started and kill it when it's closed.

If your FAForever is installed in the default directory, here's a list of .exe files you can download directly to match your screen resolution(currently single screen setups only.) Simply unzip the appropriate file where ever you want, for example, your desktop and use it to start the game(fancy people put it into FAForever directory and just link the original shortcut to it.)

SEXY LINK

Spoiler: show
Now the .exe is specific to the path you have installed your FAF into but there's no reason I couldn't share the .bat that makes this all happen.

1. Copy your borderless AutoHotkey.ahk and AutoHotkey.exe to your FAF install folder and rename them FABorderless.ahk and FABorderless.exe. You don't need to install the AutoHotkey program itself, just use the zip file they provide. Take only the exe from there and create the script with notepad.

2. Create FAF.bat file(with notepad, for example) in your FAF folder and paste this inside it:
Code: Select all
@echo off

SETLOCAL EnableExtensions

set EXE=FABorderless.exe
set EXE2=FAForever.exe

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE% goto FIN
start FABorderless.exe
goto FIN
:FIN

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE2%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE2% goto FIN
FAForever.exe
taskkill /im FABorderless.exe
goto FIN

3. Use this bat file to start FAF. Now your autohotkey script will only run as long as FAF is running and be terminated when it's closed.

4.(Optional) Point your FAForever shortcut to the new bat file for easy access

If you're a bit handy with computers, you can create an exe file out of the bat with IExpress to not have the ugly cmd window stay open. For it to work, the bat file code needs to be modified to point to your FAF install directory like so:
Code: Select all
@echo off

SETLOCAL EnableExtensions

set EXE=FABorderless.exe
set EXE2=FAForever.exe

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE% goto FIN
start FABorderless.exe
goto FIN

FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE2%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE2% goto FIN
YOUR FAF INSTALL DIRECTORY\FAForever.exe
taskkill /im FABorderless.exe
goto FIN
After which you can launch IExpress and select all the hidden options, include the bat file in the exe and make it run silently without that ugly window.

PS. These do not include the affinity/priority settings because I am unclear on the licensing on the required files for it.
I might have heard in passing about a shady link to a version that does for dual 1080p screens and twelve cores.

good work!

BTW i chose not to bother too much with leaving AHK running as a service since it's designed that way : to use the least possible resources when no running scripts and that is does. but even more automation ! yay!
Last edited by tatsu on 13 Sep 2017, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby JoonasTo » 12 Sep 2017, 21:30

I also thought the option to include all the extra stuff inside one exe was really handy, no need to put extra exes into system32^^

It's not perfect though, it will extract the autohotkey(and in my case also the process manager stuff) to a temporary folder every time you run it so it's slower to start.

Somebody should do a proper version that would recognise the install location for FAForever and ask for your resolution, number of screens and cores and do that.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby tatsu » 23 Nov 2017, 17:06

Hey is making this part of FAF or Downlord's FAF realistic?
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby Androish » 23 Nov 2017, 17:43

tatsu wrote:Hey is making this part of FAF or Downlord's FAF realistic?

I must say. This and an integrated dualscreen(multiscreen?) option would be awsome
Androish

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Androish

Postby tatsu » 23 Nov 2017, 17:55

Androish wrote:I must say. This and an integrated dualscreen(multiscreen?) option would be awsome

yeah (it IS dualscreen! :twisted: (check the answers I got) but if it were in faf you could choose which in options.)
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby JoonasTo » 04 Mar 2018, 22:54

Also made one exe for dual 1080p screen setup.

1080p DUAL SCREEN
JoonasTo
Priest

Postby ChaosRefractor » 15 Apr 2018, 19:19

JoonasTo wrote:If you're a bit handy with computers, you can create an exe file out of the bat with IExpress
Did you get it to work with FAF?
ChaosRefractor
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: ChaosRefractor

Postby JoonasTo » 15 Apr 2018, 19:56

yes
JoonasTo
Priest

Postby ChaosRefractor » 16 Apr 2018, 05:06

Nice, I didn't quite understand what you were doing.
ChaosRefractor
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: ChaosRefractor

Postby lldaedalusll » 20 Apr 2018, 12:09

This is usually used for dual screen setups I guess. Started to use it as well but the lobby now appears right in the center of both screens in a splitted way :-/. It appears only on the left screen with the build-in dual screen mode. But I had some crashes with it and heard that borderless fullscreen on 2 screens is more stable.

Anyone knows how to overcome that centered lobby with this borderless fullscreen on 2 screens?

Thx
lldaedalusll
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: lldaedalusll

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions