Theme Creation

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Theme Creation

Postby Exotic_Retard » 06 Feb 2016, 14:30

aaaaaaand now you have run into the reason i have not released any white themes.
faf was designed to be dark so a bunch of text there is white - and im not sure if you can change that - although im 99% sure that you can. you will need to go through the same process i did - look in the .ui files and find the element name you want to change - then add it into the stylesheet.
another thing you might find useful: changes outside the client.css require a refaf. changes inside it require you to go to Options>Theme...>Reload Stylesheet - this is much faster.

also i personally dont really like white theming so yeah (more tiring for the eyes) |:
Spoiler: show
and by color you mean colour obviously :3
hope this helps and good luck i guess.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Mel_Gibson » 06 Feb 2016, 14:59

Yeah. I got all text apart from the mods, announcement at the top and a tiny bit in co-op (probably just missed it but I don't really care about that). I agree about white being more difficult on the eyes. But aeolus hurts my eyes quicker than white does so I don't spend much time looking at the lobby anyway :D

Thanks for the help everybody <3
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Sir Prize » 22 Jul 2016, 03:32

So with the latest client, I'm getting this error message when I try to log in with a theme (having updated them to the correct version).
I don't even get to the login screen, it doesn't even load after clicking OK. Anyone else having this? Is there a fix?
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby partymarty81 » 18 Jan 2017, 16:28

Sir Prize wrote:So with the latest client, I'm getting this error message when I try to log in with a theme (having updated them to the correct version).
I don't even get to the login screen, it doesn't even load after clicking OK. Anyone else having this? Is there a fix?

did you get a fix to this? I get this error, when I try to join or host a game. I get an update download box, then fails, then the bug reporting picture you put up..... nothing to do with themes I don't think as I haven't afaik changed anything there....

It's as annoying as hell as I couldn't get on all day yesterday - I tried this morning and same thing happened.... It's driving me wild!!! :x
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Postby Exotic_Retard » 18 Jan 2017, 16:31

if you have any themes enabled, chances are they are out of date sufficiently to break. only the empire clan has access to working themes atm.

if you dont have themes enabled, well this is just a generic error message and can be related to anything, its not exactly helpful tbh.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby partymarty81 » 18 Jan 2017, 19:10

Exotic_Retard wrote:if you have any themes enabled, chances are they are out of date sufficiently to break. only the empire clan has access to working themes atm.

if you dont have themes enabled, well this is just a generic error message and can be related to anything, its not exactly helpful tbh.

thanks, i'll check and make sure i haven't set a theme up (i know theres an option to do so top right corner)

I have put a bit more info of the fault I have in the tech support section but doesn't seem to effect anyone else currently
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Postby Rowey » 27 Jul 2017, 16:05

why is it that only e clan has a working theme surely everyone should be able to have an up to date them to use if they want can’t you just put a link somewhere so people can either use the one u are giving them or edit for them self.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby biass » 27 Jul 2017, 16:10

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Petricpwnz » 15 Nov 2017, 23:25

Yo, made the best to ever exist a nice theme, and since I am so godddamn generous and handsome and funny and *cough cough* gonna share it.
A few elements *borrowed* (for now at least) cause started from Rowey's theme which was a copy of some other theme which was the copy of empire theme and you know the drill.
Non-borrowed is handmade with love <3

Some preview pics -
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image

Will probably update some elements later and try to keep it not broken with client updates.

DL link - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AonHXYqqmpTOzytw1p1XOfiwaEl3
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Mad`Mozart » 16 Nov 2017, 11:24

Good luck and have fun next client update!
:3
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions