Players system / network rating

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Players system / network rating

Postby AppleSucks » 08 Sep 2011, 04:34

Call me crazy but I would like to see FAF do some sort of mini benchmark on the computers processor and net connection and then give the player a score in each area and have it next to the person name. That way we can see what users are going to cause lag for everyone else.

I cant recall how many games I have played that end up lagging from the start of the game due to someones net connection not being able to keep up or a very low end CPU that makes us go into neg sim speed less then 20 minutes into the game.

If anything have a score system for the CPU like (A+ being the latest CPU that's out like sandybridge) (A- a regular I7) and so on.

Also for the network connection I'm sure someone can come up with something simple that just tests throughput to see if the player is able to support 4v4s vs 6v6s and so on.

Also I think stuff like player track opens the system up for abuse, someone getting pissed off at something then putting untrue stuff as negative comments on the player.

I think having something like I suggested gives you the data you need based on facts to see who's going to cause issues in the game.
AppleSucks
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Players system / network rating

Postby Ze_PilOt » 08 Sep 2011, 08:17

Was already planned :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Players system / network rating

Postby AppleSucks » 08 Sep 2011, 15:24

Very nice! :D
AppleSucks
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time