priority markers

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

priority markers

Postby Golol » 01 Dec 2013, 10:42

does such a mod exist, or is that featured in an existing UI mod you know?
concept:
-you can drop high priority (red) low priority attack (yellow) or no priority (blue) markers on enemy units or buildings (on units it tracks the unit)
-if one if your units is in range of a unit or structre with a red marker it will shoot it no matter if there are other units in range
if the unit is on hold fire it will still shoot the marked unit but no other units.
-if one of your units is in range of a unit or structure with a yellow marker it will only shoot it if there is nothing else in range to shoot at
-if one of your units is in range of a unit with structure with a blue marker it will never ever shoot it

improved situations:
-you want to raid energy? drop some red markers on the energy and micro your units while they shoot what you want them to shoot
-you are hunting another acu that is low health but your units shoot enemy units? drop a red marker on the acu
-you want to attack an enemy base but want to kill its mexes at last so the enemies die faster? drop yellow markers on the mexes
-you have a few low rate of fire units and dont want to waste any shots on landfactories while attacking a base? put blue markers on them

controks could be easy to do, 3 buttons and you remove a marker by putting the same marker on it
so as you can see this would have a lot of great improvements.
so does anything that can accomplish thinga similar to the advantages od such a feature?
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Re: priority markers

Postby Wakke » 01 Dec 2013, 12:19

I think that's a good idea!
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby FunkOff » 01 Dec 2013, 17:16

Targetting priorities are set in blue prints and you cannot change them on the fly because they are sim and not UI side.

Yes, I would love more in-depth command and control... but it just isn't possible :-(
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby IceDreamer » 01 Dec 2013, 18:39

Well actually it is... You create a whole new target priority type, call it something new, and put it at the top of the field of all units. Then you set it so the UI applies a new category to a unit on the fly, which can be done (In theory)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Domino » 02 Dec 2013, 18:50

hi,

this cant be done in a uimod as funkoff said,

but it can be done,

there are hurdles to cross first and foremost, getting the "enemy" unit entity under the mouse (where you placed the marker)
this is by no means easy, then you have to give the selected units the priority target, this is easy enough, however when the priority target dies,
you would want to remove that priority from the units weapons else it will always search for it, this would be problematic, then there is the problem of
making the unit switch targets upon a priority target entering its weapon range.. again this is problematic but not impossible.

i could make this mod and its something i would like doing, its just that it would require me to use my DMS_lite mod as a required mod.
so that i can achieve certain things to make the mod work,

i really like this idea.. nice one!

Domino
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby Domino » 02 Dec 2013, 23:07

Domino
Priest

Postby Swkoll » 03 Dec 2013, 04:50

Domino wrote:its has begun!

http://youtu.be/bkpsGZAX4X4

:)

You are awesome Domino :D.
"Only the fear of the hypnotoad is preventing me from raging right now." - ColonelSheppard
"Swkoll is a genius, let's accept this and move on" - VoR_Gorton
Swkoll
Contributor

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Swkoll

Postby Domino » 03 Dec 2013, 12:29

Swkoll wrote:
Domino wrote:its has begun!

http://youtu.be/bkpsGZAX4X4

:)

You are awesome Domino :D.

Nah, :) but thanks.
Domino
Priest

Postby Domino » 04 Dec 2013, 11:18

Hey,

So, how do you want red painted targets to work, do you want a unit to shoot nothing else BUT its red targets or, just switch targets when a red target when one comes into range?

currently the mod is at this stage, all paint markers are working, Red, Green, Blue,

units with red targets will shoot everything, but if a red target comes into range it will instantly switch to that target and wont shoot anything else
BUT that red target.

units with green targets will shoot whatever there currently shooting but after it dies, they will switch to there green targets in range.

units with blue targets will never attack a blue target, even when given the attack unit order.

you can paint as many units as you want to per unit. units are attacked in order they are clicked.
Using the stop command will clear all units priority targets.
Domino
Priest

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Dec 2013, 11:21

While you are at it, is it possible to make a reclaim painter?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Next

Return to General Discussions