some small design suggestions

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

some small design suggestions

Postby Zock » 05 Sep 2011, 07:43

1: If you play with 12 players, 2 have a very similiar pink. One should be changed to a different color, i would suggest a light grey.

2: I think it would look better if you switch the livereplay and link/friends color. Orange for friends fits better with grey and is also familiar from gpgnet.

3: The new Window with the faction logo shown when the program start looks nice, is it maybe possible to match the faction with the one shown in the login window? Its a little strange when you get a cybran logo first and then a aeon one. Would look even better if there is a matching picture of a unit or something in the login window, matching to the faction on the startup picture.

4: The ranked games tab may look better if you fill each of the 4 rectangle with the dark texture and change only the size of the faction logo when you select one. Although a client needs to look simple and not overloadet, i think you can use a nice FA picture as background with the dark rectangle. Wont be that easy to find a matching one (wich wont look too cut when the rectangle are over it in the middle) but im sure it can be done.

5. i quite like the dark texture mentioned above. Did you try using that one as background of the chat? Not sure if it would work, but worth a try imo.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Return to General Discussions