The FAF Social Engineering Walapalooza

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: The FAF Social Engineering Walapalooza

Postby Endranii » 09 Jul 2020, 19:48

Mandalore have supcom on the list and is slowly getting to it.
I already gave annihilnime nod that he should try getting in touch with him, even more as Mandalore loved supcom.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby Argor » 09 Jul 2020, 22:21

What about trying to get certain Youtube SC2 casters to try FAF? You're more likely to get only refusals than any non-refusal, BUT if you get one of the big guys that'd be phenomenal.

Remember: Youtubers need content for their channel. Someone clever talk to them and see if you/we/they can figure out something the youtubers would agree to.

Lowko: (407k subscribers. Nice guy and charismatic) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNTsL ... j-5QRmqt_w

WinterStarcraft: (153k subscribers. Young and elitistic) https://www.youtube.com/user/WinterStarcraft

BeastyqtSC2 (54k subscribers. Unknown to me) https://www.youtube.com/c/BeastyqtSC2/videos

I suppose there may be more out there. Go go find! :)
Argor
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Argor

Postby tatsu » 09 Jul 2020, 22:57

Endranii wrote:Mandalore have supcom on the list and is slowly getting to it.
I already gave annihilnime nod that he should try getting in touch with him, even more as Mandalore loved supcom.

plus he clearly loves to talk about the "atmosphere & community" of a game and there's a lot to go over there. it'll be a perfect fit. we just need to help him with his research.
Argor wrote:
Lowko: (407k subscribers. Nice guy and charismatic) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNTsL ... j-5QRmqt_w

If Lowko made a FAF promo I'd cream my pants...
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby armacham01 » 10 Jul 2020, 02:22

Since LinusTech likes the game, maybe he would be open to promote it in some way that doesn't require him to do a lot of work. Like maybe he would end a stream by hosting someone else casting a game? You would just need to coordinate it in advance.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby IceDreamer » 10 Jul 2020, 03:58

I had tickets to LTX this year before COVID killed it, was going to ask Linus, James, and Luke to poke the team into a ChannelSuperFun FAF game on Setons... Maybe next year.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby tatsu » 10 Jul 2020, 12:18

armacham01 wrote:Since LinusTech likes the game, maybe he would be open to promote it in some way that doesn't require him to do a lot of work. Like maybe he would end a stream by hosting someone else casting a game? You would just need to coordinate it in advance.

He already did : https://twitter.com/linustech/status/12 ... 8712251393. although he did so with the GOG version... it's always a gaffe with him.

About Mandalore: I checked his google docs for vid ideas and it's very reassuring : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... range=A341
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby E8400-CV » 11 Jul 2020, 14:23

TheKoopa wrote:Steam balance is unironically probably better than current balance

Make MML's and win?

Yeah right.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Postby FunkOff » 11 Jul 2020, 23:51

E8400-CV wrote:
TheKoopa wrote:Steam balance is unironically probably better than current balance

Make MML's and win?

Yeah right.

If my memory serves, T3 air rush is the way to win on every map. (MMLs are awful in Steam balance)
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby tatsu » 13 Jul 2020, 17:38

MMLs are better in steam balance than they are in FAF balance (but that has more to do with the completely revamped shield mechanics which both buff the early shields and nerf the late-game shields in FAF as a result)

And yeah t3 Air in steam balance is just mindbogglingly absurd. it can win any game
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Postby tatsu » 13 Jul 2020, 19:39

so I just played a steam game and the very first thing that I noticed was that it LAGS.

HARD.

I don't know what exact combinations of things (the t1 engy spam wasn't that hard with the players I played with, the unit count was a bit higher than usual though) but the simspeed was abysmal. So either there's still a ton of i3s hanging out in steam FA or there have been significant performance improvement brought by FAF.

then the nukes. nukes were actually dodging anti nukes a BIGGER percentage of the time then being hit by them. I'd say around 80% of the time nukes would still connect with the ground in a field of anti nukes. (this may have been due to the simspeed lag)

so that was fun.

then there was the t2 and t3 gunships. which players didn't bother to have in aeon variant or protect with fighters. and yeah they absolutely dominate the mid-game.

and then yeah it was a total turtle-fest since spamming a buch of shields guaranteed you can deal with even a tp snipe in time. it's pretty nuts. there were also a ton of bugs, like after I died I was allowed to keep controlling my units and playing for like 30 mins even though it was on assassination and I'd seen another player's base dissapear after his death in the same game.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions