FAF Wiki in need of some TLC

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

FAF Wiki in need of some TLC

Postby Rowey » 02 May 2020, 01:45

So, over the last Couple of weeks I’ve been trying to update some of the content that is Out of date on the FAF wiki. In doing so I have come to realise how much it is lacking in what can be done compare to other games with wiki.

With this understanding I would like to propose that we set up a Gamepedia Wiki for FAF to be able to get the flexibility we need and a more UpToDate and Appealing wiki to use.

https://www.gamepedia.com/wikiconnect

In doing so I feel that we can have a Central location of accurate and UpToDate information for new/current/old players .

Feel free to leave any other suggestions but I think the FAF wiki need to move on in to something more.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Re: FAF Wiki in need of some TLC

Postby Brutus5000 » 02 May 2020, 23:25

Just checked some of the content on gamepedia and in the background it's still running on MediaWiki (the same software that we are running).
We (server admins) were actually discussing moving to a different wiki software as it looks like MediaWiki hasn't changed in the last 10 years and probably never will.

However, the problems of the wiki regarding outdated content or lack of people contributing content will not change if you move to a different platform.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Return to General Discussions