Concerns regarding faf promo

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Concerns regarding faf promo

Postby FtXCommando » 18 Apr 2020, 00:47

Azraeel wrote:
i dont think people realize this its not a fun position like Player Councilor its a serious position where their is real work required :roll:

Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Azraeel » 18 Apr 2020, 01:07

FtXCommando wrote:
Azraeel wrote:
i dont think people realize this its not a fun position like Player Councilor its a serious position where their is real work required :roll:

I wasnt shitting on you :oops:
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
https://i.imgur.com/dGsYCCp.png
Azraeel

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Azraeelian-Angel

Postby Steel_Panther » 20 Apr 2020, 00:14

I agree that noobs mostly play 3 maps, but that's not necessarily a terrible thing and I don't think there is much you can do to prevent that. A lot of people just want to play a chill game where they don't have to have a high apm or think too hard about anything. That's why they don't expand beyond those simple maps, and why it's not necessarily a "problem" that you can fix. People will do what they want, and if they want to branch out into other maps they will do that as well. The only way to change which maps are played, is to convince people why other maps are more interesting and fun.
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Postby Rowey » 20 Apr 2020, 01:08

The most play 3 maps in my eye is because they are unable to get a game on diffrent maps they get kicked instantly for a new player with the low game count not even giving them a chance so they are left to resort to play map here they can at least get a game. Like even now I'm pretty familiar with faf but idk who I can go to for game advice for someone whom is willing to learn their no up-to-date information to help.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby C-Star » 20 Apr 2020, 09:02

Rowey wrote:The most play 3 maps in my eye is because they are unable to get a game on diffrent maps they get kicked instantly for a new player with the low game count [...]

... or it just takes too long to get a game started. I dont like GAP but its definitely the fasted way to get a game going. Yesterday i spend 20 Minutes in a lobby (Tabula Rasa). Got a nice game though but in that time there where 3 GAP-Games started.

We just need the Matchmaker, so its easier to get other maps.

And i'd like so suggest some kind of award-system. So you can earn reward, when you play different maps.
C-Star
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: C-Star

Postby Rowey » 20 Apr 2020, 09:53

Laticlave wrote:Promo work is largely internal right now and there is precious little coordination with the other announcements (nomads for instance)

I have felt that the new Page just get Flooded with Nomad Dev Diaries, which have cause an issuse for me in the past exspecialy when a dev is posting about somthing important or New Game patch and it is imediatly bumped down. i would much prefer 1 big post once a month rather than 2-3 per month, as it stands their have been 3 this month and 2 of them were within 5 days of each other
Last edited by Rowey on 20 Apr 2020, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Rowey
Contributor

Postby Laticlave » 20 Apr 2020, 19:31

Rowey wrote:I ahve felt that the new Page jsut get Flooded with Nomad Dev Diaries, which have cause an issuse for me int eh pase expacial when a dev is posting about somthing importan or New Game patch and it is imediatly bumped down. i would musch prefer 1 big post 1nce a month tater than 2-3 per month, as it sants their have been 3 this month and 2 of them were within 5 days of each other

Yeah. I'd want to break down the news page into several categories where game balance patches would take priority over community announcements (that nomads would be part of)
Laticlave

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: Laticlave

Postby F-odin » 20 Apr 2020, 20:04

Just need to make the ladder button more attractive
F-odin
Crusader

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: F-Odin

Postby Rowey » 21 Apr 2020, 15:49

F-odin wrote:Just need to make the ladder button more attractive

Did they not try with that ACU Gif xD
Rowey
Contributor

Postby Rowey » 21 Apr 2020, 22:52

Something I would also like to say is that pattern where fad is getting a lot of it Support For the Project in the money flow, has not seen any post on it from 2017 from when I looked at it last week. surely this is something that need work on to keep people who are supporting over with what their money is going toward as I have no idea what the €400 that is there is being spent on.
Rowey
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions