Important: Changeable Target Priorities are unfair/cheating

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Important: Changeable Target Priorities are unfair/cheat

Postby Morax » 13 Apr 2019, 15:59

PhilipJFry wrote:could be a nice task for the player councilor to come up with a rule for this situation and then talk about it with the mod councilor and the game councilor/other devs who can give insight on it on a technical level

How about people learn how to play the game instead of using the excuse "it's not really an unfair advantage even though it does things for me I normally cannot on my own? "
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby PhilipJFry » 13 Apr 2019, 16:25

maybe because it's a very subjective topic

hotbuild hotkeys allow you to do things a lot more efficient - should we force everyone to not use them cause clicking more with the mouse requires more skill/apm?

i prefer people being interested in improving/modding/fixing the game and its flaws over being overly strict regarding the rules all the time
if something is over the line/gets out of hand then we can still take action and try to find a common ground (together with eg the balance team/the PC etc.)
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby stoneMan » 13 Apr 2019, 21:34

PhilipJFry wrote:i prefer people being interested in improving/modding/fixing the game and its flaws over being overly strict regarding the rules all the time
if something is over the line/gets out of hand then we can still take action and try to find a common ground (together with eg the balance team/the PC etc.)

what most ppl will end up doing is looking for ways to bend the rules and make the game more and more "fun"

reclaiming too require skill right so why mot make it better and find a way for ppl not to learn it and instead "upgrade" engis

I agree with Morax.
stoneMan

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Morax » 14 Apr 2019, 05:14

PhilipJFry wrote:maybe because it's a very subjective topic

hotbuild hotkeys allow you to do things a lot more efficient - should we force everyone to not use them cause clicking more with the mouse requires more skill/apm?

i prefer people being interested in improving/modding/fixing the game and its flaws over being overly strict regarding the rules all the time

Says the sentons player who doesn't see the merits of having more apm rather waiting until the t3 mex.

Your mind is one tracked since you don't play ladder nor much team games.

In fact, what do you play that gives you such an ability to judge?

I see you as yet another ineffective mod for this subject, as your lack of experience in games other than sentons is not very supportive to the effects of these mods.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby PhilipJFry » 14 Apr 2019, 06:42

Morax if you would learn how to read then you might have noticed that i don't want to force my opinion on the matter and would prefer if other people (e.g. the PC) evaluate this sort of stuff and then talk to other councilors (especially the game and balance councilor)

But thank you for pointing out that i'm "another ineffective mod"
that surely will motivate me to help others

@stoneman - people will always look for a way to bend the rules
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Morax » 14 Apr 2019, 15:08

That is the problem, though: you are opting out because it's not something you want to do. People with power should be motivated, not just do what they feel like. Even voodoo took interest in evaluating the situation.

You can leave the big decision-making to others, but at least show you understand why people are concerned.

My reading is just that: you don't want to discuss the difficult subjects.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby PhilipJFry » 14 Apr 2019, 16:02

my reading is that i have no interest in discussing the hypothetical creation and abuse of something that could be there in the future but is not now

if you feel inclined to invest your time on such a thing then feel free and go ahead but don't expect me to do the same
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Previous

Return to General Discussions