balance advancement

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: Mountain, FtXCommando

Re: balance advancement

Postby QuestionMarkNoob » 24 Feb 2019, 13:37

Apofenas wrote:I would expect here something like this https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2729/files or this https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2726/files

So after plenty of test games it appears that spread on big ranges is too damn high. Damage got nerfed to 1600 and MinRange reverted back to 150. Was too strong on small distances and too weak on long ranges? What a surprise!!!

Wait a minute, a unit that was like in pre-alpha balance wise gets more balance changes? Yes, what a surprise who would have expected that??

And yes, ofc the unit was far too weak at long ranges... that's also why the damage got nerfed by 20% and the aoe got reduced! The damage nerf totally wasn't a nerf for the entire use case at all, changes are only for what you say they are for! How could we all be so blind?

Makes total sense to me overall, I guess you were right about everything in life after all.
QuestionMarkNoob

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 23 times
FAF User Name: WhenDayBreaks

Postby 5cript » 25 Feb 2019, 08:04

As long as the Scathis gets shifted from having useless crap shit range, I take anything.

EDIT: I want to add that I am EXTREMELY excited and thankful for an effort to morph the Scathis back into a game ender <3
5cript
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: NomenNominandum

Postby Evildrew » 25 Feb 2019, 21:13

I like how changing scathis and making sera units glow green like aoen (instead of yellow like, well sera...) is considered "balance advancement" XD

But fixing a floating ACU that can barely be hit after the transporter bug has nothing to do with balance...

A real balance advancement would be to remove all these lightweights on the balance team that are keeping the game down at ground zero on the balance scale...
Evildrew

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 33 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Previous

Return to General Discussions