balance advancement

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: balance advancement

Postby ____ » 24 Feb 2019, 13:37

Apofenas wrote:I would expect here something like this https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2729/files or this https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2726/files

So after plenty of test games it appears that spread on big ranges is too damn high. Damage got nerfed to 1600 and MinRange reverted back to 150. Was too strong on small distances and too weak on long ranges? What a surprise!!!

Wait a minute, a unit that was like in pre-alpha balance wise gets more balance changes? Yes, what a surprise who would have expected that??

And yes, ofc the unit was far too weak at long ranges... that's also why the damage got nerfed by 20% and the aoe got reduced! The damage nerf totally wasn't a nerf for the entire use case at all, changes are only for what you say they are for! How could we all be so blind?

Makes total sense to me overall, I guess you were right about everything in life after all.
____

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby 5cript » 25 Feb 2019, 08:04

As long as the Scathis gets shifted from having useless crap shit range, I take anything.

EDIT: I want to add that I am EXTREMELY excited and thankful for an effort to morph the Scathis back into a game ender <3
5cript
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: NomenNominandum

Postby Evildrew » 25 Feb 2019, 21:13

I like how changing scathis and making sera units glow green like aoen (instead of yellow like, well sera...) is considered "balance advancement" XD

But fixing a floating ACU that can barely be hit after the transporter bug has nothing to do with balance...

A real balance advancement would be to remove all these lightweights on the balance team that are keeping the game down at ground zero on the balance scale...
Evildrew

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Postby keyser » 24 Nov 2019, 20:40

https://youtu.be/dwZZfc8BN8I

here is a video about aeon T2 gunship rework. It's WIP.
aoe from 0 to 2
high damage, low rate of fire
fancy fx

here is the pull request : https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2911

what do you think of it ?
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby armacham01 » 24 Nov 2019, 21:27

By changing the Spectre, you would be taking away from Cybran the specialness of having AOE gunships?

It also seems like an unnecessary change. Aeon already gets AOE from mercies.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby Endranii » 24 Nov 2019, 23:00

Not a fan of the AOE change as it makes them seem like Cybran knock off(yeah I know t2 pd and destro have similliar weaponry). If anything maybe I would see them more akin to aurora/sniper mixture.
Making them have front loaded alpha damage for hitting single unit and then having to fall back to reload so that you have to micro them as hovering over enemy units will have no point. Range would have to be on the shorter side or with no changes so that they can still be hit with mobile AA. I would experiment with 300dmg per hit and 6s reload time with current cost? Although that sounds OP when microed against single targets with no t3 aa cover to outrange them.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby LabPunk » 24 Nov 2019, 23:39

I honestly think this is a terrible idea.
The renegade just got made more expensive for having its weapons work properly whilst flying, this is okay for Cybran as they also have access to the jester and the high damage Wailer.
For the specter it would either become overpowered compared to the other faction's gunships, or too expensive as it is the aeon's only high damage gunship.
There are other ways of improving the specter, maybe making at slightly faster or giving it a slightly longer gun range could work, but this is a bad idea.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby armacham01 » 25 Nov 2019, 01:14

Endranii wrote:I would experiment with 300dmg per hit and 6s reload time.

The problem is that gunships would automatically fire at the first thing they see, and then for 6 seconds they couldn't do anything. They would end up wasting shots and it would be frustrating.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby ZeRen » 25 Nov 2019, 15:53

armacham01 wrote:
Endranii wrote:I would experiment with 300dmg per hit and 6s reload time.

The problem is that gunships would automatically fire at the first thing they see, and then for 6 seconds they couldn't do anything. They would end up wasting shots and it would be frustrating.

yea UEF BS have the same issue, it can waste shots on frigates

btw what about give UEF BS smaller reload time?

btw. Cyb ACU still suck, why UEF nano was more important when UEF had option gun+T2?
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby LabPunk » 25 Nov 2019, 22:21

ZeRen wrote:btw. Cyb ACU still suck, why UEF nano was more important when UEF had option gun+T2?

Devs don't care about what the players think. More important to spend time on useless vanity projects like aoe specter.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions