balance advancement

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: balance advancement

Postby Apofenas » 15 Jan 2019, 17:28

Farmsletje wrote:At the start you show 36 t3 sera shields which cost a total of 130k mass (152k mass even if you take the 18k power thats required to power them in account).

W8, you say if you'd see Yolo being built you'd not build some extra SMDs before it is built? Or have no shielding at your base, around SMDs, near mexes?

Farmsletje wrote:Then the scathis is STILL breaking through killing multiple of the shields and you're having to spend all your mass to rebuild them. Then at some point you reach 50 fucking sera t2/t3 shields and a volley of projectiles STILL makes it through and kills 8 t3 shields.

And all this is while the scathis isn't even meant to break through highly defended area's, but to kill everything BUT the highly defended area's.

If anything this almost shows how completely busted it is and it probably deserves a damage nerf

In first posts i already wrote what I want: DAMAGE NERF AND ACCURACY BUFF. In order to make it LESS usefull on smaller ranges(aka ranges of t3 arty and lower) exactly tested ranges and MORE usefull on long ranges (aka 40x40 maps and from corner to corner across 20x20).

So the Scathis doesn't have to come in range of t3 arty to effectively fight other game enders. And even so I managed to defend via shield rebuild and I didn't even use shield assist.

This was a problem with old Scathis, this is problem here. But you don't care about bigger maps. And don't want to listen to me. I'm done. Feel free to make same mistake for second time.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Farmsletje » 15 Jan 2019, 17:46

ok feeling free
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Turinturambar » 15 Jan 2019, 21:52

just to make 100% sure you are not trolling and we are just misunderstanding you.

Please answer each point individually to prove that you are actually reading what was written before and have a good understanding of what the concept of the scathis rework is. To prove that you have the knowledge to provide constructive criticism on the idea.

a) Do you realise, the scathis is not supposed to be a mavor 2.0 (aka not supposed to be able to break assisted shielding)?
b) Do you realise, that rebuilding shields is essentially the same as assisting?
c) Do you realise, that an average base does not have 4+ T3 shields around every single mex with scus rebuilding shields constantly?
d) Do you realise, that its supposed to not be a mavor 2.0 because that would make one of both inferior and thereby obsolete in standard teamgames (aka setons or other competetively played maps, where gameenders actually get build).
e) show me replays of competetive 40x40 games which would justify to balance the game (scathis) around maps of that size.
thank you very much in advance.

If you show that you understand those points please use those to exlpain what you dislike about the proposed scathis, or propose a better version of a gameender scathis.

Im looking forward to a discussion where all misunderstandings are cleared up.

(Ps: you used the right version)
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby Deisu » 18 Jan 2019, 19:02

I just came here to say thanks for working on the Scathis. I'm really grateful that my cybran gribblies will get their game ender back after all these years.
Deisu

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Deisu

Postby LabPunk » 21 Jan 2019, 19:15

I may be a lowly 1100 rated noob...
But I really like it. The shotgun like behavior means it can actually deliver significant damage over a large area [which is very Cybran] without being completely unstoppable.
I can see this being used in more of a support role than the Mavor, annihilating forward bases and eco hubs.
In this age of faction over-homogeneity, we should support efforts like this.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby Steel_Panther » 21 Jan 2019, 22:28

I like that it could possibly have a use now. Scathis currently is quite bad and never used, particularly since its range was nerfed a while back. It's worse than building any other t3 arty in basically any realistic game situation even on 10km maps (considering the much higher cost) so this new version might actually have some use. It is definitely worth trying and seeing what changes might make it more interesting also. Thank you for putting the time in to try out some changes.
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Postby keyser » 24 Feb 2019, 03:22

new Fx on the unit getting regen from the sera ACU regen field

Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Bennis- » 24 Feb 2019, 03:35

keyser wrote:new Fx on the unit getting regen from the sera ACU regen field

Very relevant contribution to this thread Keyser :notbad:
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby Apofenas » 24 Feb 2019, 04:35

I would expect here something like this https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2729/files or this https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/2726/files

So after plenty of test games it appears that spread on big ranges is too damn high. Damage got nerfed to 1600 and MinRange reverted back to 150. Was too strong on small distances and too weak on long ranges? What a surprise!!!

I guess we should say thanks to Strogo who made this feature.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Farmsletje » 24 Feb 2019, 05:06

thanks for opening our eyes
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor