Client transition - constructive feedback thread

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Client transition - constructive feedback thread

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 11 Jun 2019, 21:34

Can someone PLEASE give the option to kill this horrid constant notification. It is driving me absolutely insane. I do not know what it is for, I do not know if there's something wrong that needs to be fixed and it is going on at the bottom of the screen going "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME".

I just want it to stop.
Attachments
Make It Stop.png
Make It Stop.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 8055 times
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby schwartz1030 » 12 Jul 2019, 15:00

Client is getting better and better. I am pleased with the transition.

In the vault, under local replays, is there a way to refresh that list after playing a game without having to exit and restart the client?

Thanks.
schwartz1030
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: schwartz1030

Postby Brutus5000 » 12 Jul 2019, 20:36

Not yet. We also need to fix that stupid hard limit of 300 replays. But it will happen.
The 9th Doctor wrote:You think it'll last forever, the people and cars and concrete. But it won't. One day it's all gone, even the sky.
Brutus5000
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 288 times
FAF User Name: brutus5000

Postby codepants » 27 Jul 2019, 03:34

What's up with ladder? Been hanging on "Searching for opponent..." for the last 25 minutes. I see the "ranked match available" pop-up every now and then (at least 10-15 times by now) but still searching for an opponent...

If ladder doesn't work, all that's left of this game is Gap... *vomitface*
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Postby Turinturambar » 01 Aug 2019, 14:43

with new que system would be nice to have sth X:YZ untill next matching, so you have an idea if you have to wait at least 2 min or if youll get matched in 10s.
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby Katharsas » 02 Aug 2019, 01:43

Turinturambar wrote:with new que system would be nice to have sth X:YZ untill next matching, so you have an idea if you have to wait at least 2 min or if youll get matched in 10s.

Already coded (https://github.com/FAForever/downlords- ... /pull/1364). It will be in one of the upcoming versions.
Katharsas

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Katharsas

Postby Little Miss Murder » 24 Dec 2019, 06:41

The local replay vault updating automatically with v1.1.1 without having to restart the client is MUCH appreciated! <3
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Farmsletje » 12 Feb 2020, 17:13

A few important additions/fixes to the vault would be:
- https://puu.sh/F9Rz5/3c63aedc91.png: You can only go to previous and next page. There is no possible jump to first page, last page, or even a field to enter a page yourself. Not sure why such basic ui features aren't implemented.
- If you don't have a specific map you want to search for but still want to use the sort function you cannot click search until you have given the search engine some arbritrary value which every map in the vault contains:
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Katharsas » 12 Feb 2020, 20:21

Farmsletje wrote: - https://puu.sh/F9Rz5/3c63aedc91.png: You can only go to previous and next page. There is no possible jump to first page, last page, or even a field to enter a page yourself. Not sure why such basic ui features aren't implemented.

While a valid complaint, it may be interesting to know WHY it ended up like this:
Originall, the map vault worked in the same way that the mod vault still works (i think? cant test right now): Only a "more" button and no pages (clicking more will just add more mods to the same page).

This lead to "Out Of Memory" error after some clicks becasue of the number of map preview images on the page. So the priority when changing the map vault to have "pages" was to just fix the memory problem. You can read the entire "story" here xD https://github.com/FAForever/downlords- ... /pull/1320

So basically devs are fully aware that this is not proper pagination, but its better than what we had previously (crashing). You are lucky that Alex quickly decided to at least add a back button xD
Katharsas

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Katharsas

Postby Farmsletje » 17 Feb 2020, 02:31

Well that is fine and all but this is already half a year ago and there still haven't been any changes. I know that there currently is a lack of devs working on the java client but it currently is a nightmare to search for maps. For now its fine since i can still use the python one but i am assuming support for it will eventually be totally dropped and it would be very appreciated if the java client atleast has its basic functionalities in place
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions