Ladder Rotation/System Comments

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Ladder Rotation/System Comments

Postby Mountain » 07 Sep 2018, 22:27

Blodir wrote:Btw the reason I'm passionate about this issue is that every now and then I want to get back into supcom again, but then I look at the map pool and get really sad. Supcom is basically removed from my list of playable games aside from a few meme teamgames and it makes me very sad considering it's my favorite game of all time. Obv personal sob story like this is just anecdotal, but maybe someone else has had a similar experience.

I would love to believe you but you have no history of consistently playing faf even when your own buddy decided the map pool
Mountain
Contributor

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: Montana

Postby Blodir » 07 Sep 2018, 22:32

Mountain wrote:
Blodir wrote:Btw the reason I'm passionate about this issue is that every now and then I want to get back into supcom again, but then I look at the map pool and get really sad. Supcom is basically removed from my list of playable games aside from a few meme teamgames and it makes me very sad considering it's my favorite game of all time. Obv personal sob story like this is just anecdotal, but maybe someone else has had a similar experience.

I would love to believe you but you have no history of consistently playing faf even when your own buddy decided the map pool

I love tokyto but he picked pretty shit maps. I'm not saying I would play consistently even if we had a dream pool, I'm just saying whenever I want to play I'm turned off so I only get to play like once a year.
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Morax » 07 Sep 2018, 22:39

Mountain wrote:Can anyone come up with something compelling instead of it plays bad or looks bad or something that isn't said literally every rotation since beginning of faf?

If a map has egregious pathfinding issues certainly it should be removed. If the map does have such a fault then report it or refer to the map. So far only complaints I see are vague, unspecific or not about anything game breaking.

Can you actually do some testing of the maps you choose instead of just picking a random one based on a thumbnail.?

I love how people always say it's the players complaining who have to make a giant case and present it to the council.

Don't accept a position on the ladder team if you don't want to do the work.

"We're can't test every 240 maps"

Then don't be player councilor.

Unreal how you guys try to get away with saying people who play the game are the jerks when you are the guy who vowed to dedicate time to work on stuff.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Mountain » 07 Sep 2018, 22:44

Ya the guy who made a team of top whatever ladder players one of whom erected a massive ass spreadsheet, updates pool on time, writes 5000 words a day advocating for faf shit that he cares about is simultaneously doing nothing
Mountain
Contributor

Postby Morax » 07 Sep 2018, 22:49

Mountain wrote:Ya the guy who made a team of top whatever ladder players and a massive ass spreadsheet, updates pool on time, writes 5000 words a day advocating for faf shit that he cares about is simultaneously doing nothing

I know people that spend all week making old Honda civics look like hot wheels, and they put more hours in than most professionals; yet, a lot of people think the "fart cannons " are annoying and the silly paint jobs and dragon wings look stupid.

What's your point? Just because someone puts in a ton of hours doesn't mean it's good work. People that don't need to spend hours and hours on something are better than people that spend too much time with average results.
Last edited by Morax on 07 Sep 2018, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby moonbearonmeth » 07 Sep 2018, 22:50

Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Mountain » 07 Sep 2018, 22:56

Morax wrote:
Mountain wrote:Ya the guy who made a team of top whatever ladder players and a massive ass spreadsheet, updates pool on time, writes 5000 words a day advocating for faf shit that he cares about is simultaneously doing nothing

I know people that spend all week making old Honda civics look like hot wheels, and they put more hours in than most professionals; yet, a lot of people think the "fart cannons " are annoying and the silly paint jobs and dragon wings look stupid.

What's your point? Just because someone puts in a ton of hours doesn't mean it's good work. People that don't need to spend hours and hours on something are better than people that spend too much time with average results.

1.Work has been done, despite your claim to the contrary.
2.Whether it was quality work can be judged empirically and not by number of forum posts one or two people make.
Mountain
Contributor

Postby Morax » 07 Sep 2018, 22:57

Yeah, cause us 3 are the only ones upset by ladder.

More reason to justify you're a joke.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Farmsletje » 07 Sep 2018, 23:00

Maybe if you calmed down and and tried to engage in a conversation seriously instead of starting accusing us for all kinds of different things you could actually get somewhere
Last edited by Farmsletje on 07 Sep 2018, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Mountain » 07 Sep 2018, 23:00

Alright well we can talk more later
Mountain
Contributor