Player Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Applications

Postby biass » 22 May 2018, 15:20

This thread is used for applicants to sell themselves to council members in order to assist them in choosing a candidate for the position, since the council is already aware of and removed Blue_Owl from positions of authority because of personal attacks and blatantly lying to their peers, i don't feel the need to defend myself here.

Regardless, a player councillor not playing ladder has never been an issue, and critics of Tokyto's are more annoyed with lack of support or care of those areas of FAF under their custody, for example, broken ladder maps in the pool, the pool not changing, etc. As long as a PC stays active in the community, this wouldn't be a problem.

Most of my time in 2018 has been spent on the personal trainer side of things, with work on a guide already 5 pages long. I have and continue to train users on frequent basis, as you see literally one replay up in my vault.

You've been consistently proven to lie Blue_Owl, don't personally attack people because they refused to work with you.
Last edited by biass on 22 May 2018, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby biass » 22 May 2018, 15:24

I'll double post because the current train of thought will be removed shortly, most likely.

Brutus5000 wrote:While Blodir is technically correct, that the PC has not much control, I see a potential in the PC role that has not been used yet:

From a developer perspective we read a lot of suggestions (or demands) on how we should change ladder rating or stuff like that. As usual the players have different opinions and there is never a consensus. So in the end even good ideas remain idea. What I would like to see the next PC doing is: gather opinions and decide how something should be implemented (whether via vote or dictatorship decision - I don't care). And with this decision go and talk to the devs, work out a concept and aid in testing it.

Didn't Tokyto have a draft for a new ladder system? how did that go?
New ladder systems are not my first point of priority. If i had to act right now, I would work towards getting the old leagues and divisions back. For now however i have other points that do not need to eat up developer time. They're explained in my application, if the need arises (The tutorials tab) i'll let you know.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Rowey » 22 May 2018, 16:33

Ladder should be important for the PC for both new and experienced players keeping a balance of Classic ladder maps that should be in the rotation all the time, while giving map makes a spotlight time to make more good ladder maps and played with in the rotation which can help the map makes with feedback and to help them improve there maps.

But also the PC should try to be Active with having challenges for ladder, with like seasonal events so there something new they can work towards and not have to be at huge tournaments on 1 weekend to be able to play and can lead to waiting around for other matches to Finnish.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby jackherer » 22 May 2018, 19:02

Brutus5000 wrote:While Blodir is technically correct, that the PC has not much control, I see a potential in the PC role that has not been used yet:

From a developer perspective we read a lot of suggestions (or demands) on how we should change ladder rating or stuff like that. As usual the players have different opinions and there is never a consensus. So in the end even good ideas remain idea. What I would like to see the next PC doing is: gather opinions and decide how something should be implemented (whether via vote or dictatorship decision - I don't care). And with this decision go and talk to the devs, work out a concept and aid in testing it.

You got my vote if you apply to be the dictatorship
jackherer

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Jackherer

Postby Exotic_Retard » 22 May 2018, 19:31

i think the biggest issue with tokyto is that he tried to do everything himself rather than getting a bunch of dudes on the job.

this meant that he kinda didnt have time to fix all the things and then make a new map pool and then test every map in skirmish but then it doesnt load in ladder for no reason and also make a survey but no one answered the last one, and then theres 4 different systems to make and no one cares about making them, also divisions

and so on xD

so whoever wants to be new pc should be hustling a team together, and probably all candidates should be prepared to end up on that team.

as pc you get a nice avatar and you get to ask mods to change the map pool for you, and thats it really, so whatever solutions you get should be not code orientated, unless you can get extra coders on board who will do that.

good luck to the boys i guess, last time election was won with epic posters so maybe if theres a vote this time then could be some more : D
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Picoo » 22 May 2018, 19:38

Well Since I dont know alot about hosting Tourneys myself I would ask Rowey to help me on the job ( and other Tournament Directors ofc) and I definitely like the idea of having all the other candidates in a team aswell.
Picoo
Crusader

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Picoo

Postby TheKoopa » 22 May 2018, 20:42

Screenshot_2018-05-22-14-41-33.png
Screenshot_2018-05-22-14-41-33.png (56.44 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

I have honestly never seen someone so vehemently try to ruin their own arguments

Weren't you already banned feather?
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby moonbearonmeth » 22 May 2018, 20:44

Hello recently made account with access to information that was only given to a select few, how are you today?
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Voodoo » 22 May 2018, 23:25

@Rowey

Can you tell me a little bit more about yourself please? For example how long you are playing Sup Com? Since gpgnet times? What maps do you prefer?
Do you play ladder (1vs1) and costum games? How you found FAF? Do you like other RTS games? Why you are playing Sup Com and not Starcraft?
Something like this would be nice.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Rowey » 23 May 2018, 00:26

I’ve been playing supcom actively in the faf community just over 3 years now. i joined the faf community in 2011 bub with being in school and a crappy laptop never got to play any decent games. now i have more free time due to not in education anymore.

My map preference is kinda open to be honest i'm always open to give now maps a try as you can play a map once to know if its good or not.

I had started to play ladder more regularly about a month ago as i wanted to get better on it myself but then i had some net issue and i've only just fixed it this week, i aim to get back on the ladder grind and get my rank up.

Other RTS’s i've played are the red alert games, Dawn of war 1&2,Anno And some other i can't think of the top of my head.

I prefer supcom over starcraft 2 as i prefer the style of rts supcomm is compared to starcraft 2. I got so far in one of the single-player modes and one or two multiplayer games but i just did not enjoy my time playing.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions