Player Councillor Applications

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Player Councillor Applications

Postby Louvegarde » 27 May 2018, 17:56

The parts I don't agree with you on would be by far off topic to discuss here. Another day, another time :P
Cryogenic slumber party!
Louvegarde
Priest

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 103 times
FAF User Name: Louvegarde

Postby moonbearonmeth » 27 May 2018, 18:08

Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby justice » 27 May 2018, 22:09

can a moderator remove that picture? it makes me not want to look at thread because it is weird
justice

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Petricpwnz » 28 May 2018, 01:32

SilentWarrior wrote:I have a few questions on toxicity and harmony;

Do you have any ideas for how we can bridge the gap between those that interact with the faf community and those that do

Sorry but what do you even mean here? Because if I go by paragraphs of text below that written about russian sub-community, I'd just like to state that I wouldn't want PC have any of this business. Russian community being isolated is their fault entirely. They just mostly can't into english and the oppression meme card some of them like to pull is almost like watching some feminism debate.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Farmsletje » 28 May 2018, 10:01

whats wrong with feminism?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby SilentWarrior » 28 May 2018, 10:53

Petricpwnz wrote:
SilentWarrior wrote:I have a few questions on toxicity and harmony;

Do you have any ideas for how we can bridge the gap between those that interact with the faf community and those that do

Sorry but what do you even mean here? Because if I go by paragraphs of text below that written about russian sub-community, I'd just like to state that I wouldn't want PC have any of this business. Russian community being isolated is their fault entirely. They just mostly can't into english and the oppression meme card some of them like to pull is almost like watching some feminism debate.

So in your book, we don't have a problem with toxicity and harmony?

The fact that some would wish the Player's Councillor to 'only' pick ladder matches and keep his nose out of the affairs of players, seems like the opposite of what the Player's Councillor's role was meant to be. Why else are the players even involved in his election, if it not for their welfare that the role was designed for?

I have scoured past posts and video interviews on this subject, I would suggest you do the same.
My post has been liked by Russians, this is an indication that maybe if someone actually tried to build bridges, they may come and integrate more with faf general.

Instead of being open to the idea, there are some that are mortified by the mere suggestion of it.
I have highlighted the Russians as an example, there are a huge number of players from everywhere around the world that play faf, but do not feel welcome interacting with the faf community, they get put off from their first experiences.

In my dept of Maps&Mods, my team has identified that there are a number of issues that prevent more players from playing ladder, one of which is Toxicity.
Ladder is in the remit of the Players Councillor, and as such it affects the role directly. Unless something is done to help the situation, there may come a time when there are more ladder maps than players playing them.

The mere mention of the word 'Russian' makes some people so uncomfortable and they invoke the magic words of 'Super'+'Shado', as if this will act as a rallying call to dismiss my suggestion, without even trying to see if there is any connection or a problem.

I did not even wish to post any further replies to this thread, as it is meant for the applicants to reply back to and needless discussions will only interfere with that process.

If you have any further questions, just send me msg directly and I will give you a much longer reply and maybe someone as experienced as you might actually be able to help.
Greetings and Salutations
SilentWarrior
Contributor

Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 46 times
FAF User Name: MisterK

Postby IceDreamer » 28 May 2018, 11:31

Both sides have points. The new PC definitely needs to be building bridges IMO, but there also needs to be movement from the Russian side. By far the biggest thing they need to do is collectively and unequivocally condemn the actions of super, shado, and the tiny minority of others who have attempted all-out attacks on FAF in the past. That they've not done so, and in many cases have voiced support of those actions, is why the average joe player who is a little bit informed from casts about what's happened just doesn't want anything to do with them.

I was informed a while ago by Exotic Retard, and I completely believe his assessment of the situation, that some of this is due to a completely, utterly different social mentality over there, one entirely alien to me and many other 'westerners'.

Bridges have foundations on both sides is what I'm saying.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Exotic_Retard » 28 May 2018, 11:44

uh well i dont remember putting anything like that, but if i were to guess what you were talking about its the part where different people have different values, and that applies to everyone in general not just random russians xD

although you could find overall trends in different countries, cultural differences and all that.

in any case the thing preventing anyone from integrating into anything is being a d***. if youre not that you will be fine xD
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Rowey » 28 May 2018, 12:07

I know there is a language barrier between the majority of faf and the Russian community and I would like to think I would be able to liaise with Yuri and get feedback from there side so we can start fix this bridges that are barely even there at the moment.
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 28 May 2018, 15:53

Regarding voting for primary and secondary, just have whoever won the vote be primary and whoever has 2nd highest votes be secondary. Doesn't have to be a majority, it can be a simple plurality.

IceDreamer and all who wonder the same,
The Cold War was a thing, y'know. Its effects are seen here, today, and it still goes on, to a degree, with the American media's coverage of the Trump Administration. The standoff caused unnecessary animosity between the East (Eastern Europe, East, and the Far East) and the West, which was only deepened by cultural and language differences. Give this a thought.

Cheers.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions