RE: FAF Developer Review 2017

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, JJ173

Re: RE: FAF Developer Review 2017

Postby tatsu » 07 Jan 2018, 13:09

JaggedAppliance wrote: Many changes in EQ are truly mind boggling,

is it okay to get into the specifics of that here?

I don't know much about EQ and I'd like to know more.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 113 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby biass » 07 Jan 2018, 14:33

JaggedAppliance wrote:No one on the balance team plays EQ.

fixed

my favourite thing about forums is that people are not allowed to hold an opposite or dissenting opinion and creators will either ruthlessly hurl abuse, offhanded comments and "acktually" posts to defend their creations or hide away until the hate "dies down"
Unfortunately for you, people don't just lose their opinion, the only lose their place to fight for it, so to think that the hate "died down" from that past thread is a bit silly and it also doesn't help when global moderators start hurling abuse until it gets cleaned but hey
Furthermore i agree with ftx about the affirmative defence, especially when it comes down to things that don't really have or need stats like the awful font colour change.

I don't like EQ being rated, reading though the patch notes causes a lot of meme creation in aeolus and the cancerous advertising never helped in the first place. But it's the catalyst for bhedit being rated, so i give it a pass.
Morax wrote:Questioning what i am doing is like you are trolling me

My map thread: http://bit.ly/2qubD3l

Whiteheart wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 566 times
Been liked: 486 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby speed2 » 07 Jan 2018, 14:45

Its more about being able to hold an opposite or dissenting opinion without being a d*** about it.
speed2
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 997 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby biass » 07 Jan 2018, 14:47

indeed ;)
Morax wrote:Questioning what i am doing is like you are trolling me

My map thread: http://bit.ly/2qubD3l

Whiteheart wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 566 times
Been liked: 486 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby AdmiralZeech » 07 Jan 2018, 19:20

Regarding retention, apart from looking at statistics, has there been any anecdotal information about why those people leave / never play a game?

- Did they come up against some sort of wall in the interface that made them give up?
- Are they merely trying out SupCom, didn't like it, and subsequently re-sold / steam refunded it?
- Are they not a real human, and some sort of bot or smurf?

etc
AdmiralZeech
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 11 Jan 2018, 18:40

So about that whole "equilibrium isn't leaking over into FAF" thing...... anyone want to talk about how in the new t3 balance alpha, overcharge scaling is a thing?

edit: at this rate, I am glad that more mods will be ranked, because I might have to move completely to BHEdit.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 195 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 Jan 2018, 18:53

Petric is the one who is working on the t3 land balance, not ER.
Did you look at the calculation in the OC mod (which is by no means final) and compared it to EQ?
Or did you look at the t3 land stats in the balance mod and compare it to EQ?

Just because things change doesn't mean we do it in the same way that EQ does it.

About the retention thing: Would be nice to see how good the retention of other games is.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Feather » 11 Jan 2018, 21:00

There should be only one balance. The inability to do the simple task of choosing the best balance, when given two options, shows a complete incompetence in actually creating a new balance.

bhedit is not superior to current balance.

The ras change was good and there is zero argument against that. The reason people cry about these things is not because of balance. How can you cry about bomber when it is still one of the most cost efficient and most used units?

If we took this debate to a Harvard study they would confirm that blackheart is wrong about bhedit. However as I do value his intelligence I think he is deeply mired and in a confused state because of his nostalgia for old balance. bh would be far more competent when it comes to re-balancing t3 if he can just pass that barrier, I see no potential in whiteheart even though he is well meaning. I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives.

As far as eq goes, I still haven't played it and since most people including yudi say it's shit, I never will.
Feather
Banned

Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Feather

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 13 Jan 2018, 19:02

I am not saying that I will move to BH edit because of the bomber changes etc, because you are right. I am saying that the further the balance team goes in this direction, the worse it is in my opinion and the better BH looks by comparison. If the overcharge changes and the complete rebalancing of the t3 phase go through, I will try the new balance, but if it changes the way the game feels to the degree that I think it will, I will be moving to BH edit just so I don't have to have the changes that keep piling up in "normal" balance.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 195 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby Feather » 13 Jan 2018, 19:45

please before you guys make any changes with OC and other stuff come to me and I will have the final say. This should be a meritocracy and I am the most qualified to have the final say.
Feather
Banned

Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Feather

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions