M&M Councillor and Map Vault Cleanse

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: M&M Councillor and Map Vault Cleanse

Postby Exotic_Retard » 21 Dec 2017, 15:53

moon my dear, you totally did what i asked!

but the thing is, you didnt take the initiative. and thats fine too, but that is whats required about the M&M thing or any councillor position. As i said, i think you could go places if you just got a little help along the way and such. when i asked you to do things it seemed you werent super interested and thats cool too, its not a requirement to be interested in things some crazy retard jumps out on you from, but i do mean it when i said i didnt see that much from you, after what i asked was over you kinda didnt do that much or had much to say. i think you are just an unknown right now - if you got this job it could be good or you could lose interest and just flop, and i dunno which one will happen, which is why i would go for the safer choice of speed. no hard feelings fam, you really did help when i asked you to <3
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby moonbearonmeth » 21 Dec 2017, 15:57

Exotic_Retard wrote:i think you are just an unknown right now

I get that a lot

Exotic_Retard wrote:if you got this job it could be good or you could lose interest and just flop, and i dunno which one will happen, which is why i would go for the safer choice of speed. no hard feelings fam, you really did help when i asked you to <3

Yeah it would be a damn shame if someone were to get a position like this then get super obsessed with another game.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby PhilipJFry » 21 Dec 2017, 16:39

a community vote would surely prevent such a thing from happening :)
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Morax » 21 Dec 2017, 17:47

Moon, if you do intend to apply I hope to see you stop by the mapping channel and learn with us.

Right now the lack of interesting or same maps over and over in FaF is pretty severe. If you can help ozonex in any way and get people making quality maps that is the goal.

They are EXCRUCIATINGLY painful to make due to the time needed so any positive light is greatly appreciated.

Good luck.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Feather » 21 Dec 2017, 20:44

As queen of faf, whoever makes my map will be anointed this position by me.

But seriously someone needs to make my "Foley's Hidden Cave" map, tia.
Feather
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Feather

Postby Blodir » 22 Dec 2017, 06:26

biass wrote:Almost everyone is going to have an issue with how another user behaves - this is an internationally used client with people from either side of every moral dilemma.

If you're unable to put that aside and work with other people - what i have done, do, and will continue to do in the future; then you're in big trouble in more then just FAF

I have no problem with how gortyboi, sheeo, tokyhasntseenstarwarsboi, zock, jagged, downlord etc. behave. Obviously I have my differences and all of these people have their fair share of flaws I'm sure, but I think all of them represent FAF in a good way.
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby IceDreamer » 22 Dec 2017, 14:02

I care not for petty disputes, and to be honest most of the posts in this whole topic have not shown their authors in a good light.

When it comes time for the council to vote and choose who gets the position, it will be based on the following. At least, my vote will. When I get down to it this is about who is best for the position, a hard, logical, quantitative point of view.

- History of attitude and general past behaviour as a predictor of future professionalism, by my observation, not hearsay
- History of holding grudges or performing ad-hominem attacks as an indicator of an individual's ability to work with others, again by my observation
- History of contribution activity or, given this role is unlikely to demand skills of mapping or modding, history of a desire to contribute, where the reason for lack of contribution is more to lack of ability than intent.
- Time available to designate to the position
- Proven ability to learn. Not least, this includes being a person who is willing to accept facts contrary to belief and re-evaluate their position

moonbearonmeth - Your application was a little light on detail and specifics. If you're serious about doing this, could you take some time to flesh out your ideas and create a post more in the style of speed2 and biass?

That goes for anyone else who would like to throw their hat into the ring as well.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby moonbearonmeth » 24 Dec 2017, 03:38

IceDreamer wrote:moonbearonmeth - Your application was a little light on detail and specifics. If you're serious about doing this, could you take some time to flesh out your ideas and create a post more in the style of speed2 and biass?

If I were to apply more in the style of someone else it wouldn't be me signing up as far as I am concerned.
In any case since my application other candidates have stepped forward that hold my vote of confidence, as such you can consider my application officially withdrawn.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Petricpwnz » 24 Dec 2017, 07:15

I don't see what is so important about attitudes that you people feel the need to spend several pages of posting on. I would be much more interested in how people handle the job and what things they come up with. Also I would like to see some official election go down hosted by administration councillor in a seperate thread where people present themselves without all this autistic atTItUdE talk.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Franck83 » 24 Dec 2017, 14:30

Yes about the attitude. About election, my personal feeling is that the current system is the best. FAF current system described by IceDreamer is a meritocracy system. A concil decides from specific qualities. That grants the best people for the job.

If we go to a democratic system, we ll enter in area of demagogic attitudes and power fights. Candidates will have to please and become popular by arousing emotions and passions but not necessary competent. We will have to control the quality of votes (double accounts...).

Democratic systems are known for their low level of competence at high key jobs.
Last edited by Franck83 on 24 Dec 2017, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions