Why FAF has been progressing slowly (renamed)

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Why FAF has been progressing slowly (renamed)

Postby Franck83 » 09 Nov 2017, 10:43

biass wrote:
Franck83 wrote:Just like in formula one. Each season has its own set of rules. We can do FAF Balance Patch 2017 Edition of the Year.

what

https://www.formula1.com/en/championshi ... anges.html
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby dstojkov » 09 Nov 2017, 10:44

IceDreamer wrote:I would argue, strongly, that a player whos mindset is that 'Very little should change so I don't have to learn again', and who gives up when that happens, is in essense not actually a competitive player at all.

Who gave you the authority to decide for others ? You just can not appears from nowhere in a community that was already there for years and tell them what and how they have to play ! This is insane !

The ppl in charge since the begin of faf DO share this point of view ffs man !! Imagine you re vegan and one day I appears in your life and force you to eat meat because you HAVE to be able to adapt in order to survive ! Should I be suprised you hate me ? Really ?

This is all about the drama that is going here for years you try to sell yeah poor you ... you the decision makers no one understand you !!!
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Franck83 » 09 Nov 2017, 10:54

dstojkov wrote:
IceDreamer wrote:I would argue, strongly, that a player whos mindset is that 'Very little should change so I don't have to learn again', and who gives up when that happens, is in essense not actually a competitive player at all.

Who gave you the authority to decide for others ? You just can not appears from nowhere in a community that was already there for years and tell them what and how they have to play ! This is insane !

The ppl in charge since the begin of faf DO share this point of view ffs man !! Imagine you re vegan and one day I appears in your life and force you to eat meat because you HAVE to be able to adapt in order to survive ! Should I be suprised you hate me ? Really ?

This is all about the drama that is going here for years you try to sell yeah poor you ... you the decision makers no one understand you !!!

I'm a lawyer and this is a long time debate. We need authority to put order and peace. But the matter is that no one is legimate unless Chris Taylor. So the God is blessing the king... otherwise, -> democracy system. But in democracy system, everything goes on only if we stop discussing. No hope for fast changes in democracy.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby Morax » 09 Nov 2017, 11:05

Brutus5000 wrote:Except for 6) none of this has anything to do with development of client or server. The game team is a completely different one.

One of the biggest challenges is "hiring the right employee" in my career, so for you to not recognize that someone like mr-Smith - who is a professional coder - not being present is a huge loss breaks me.

Devs, please stop being so robotic and think outside the box. People get things done so quit acting like players who left because of action is not a big deal.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby dstojkov » 09 Nov 2017, 12:03

Franck83 wrote:But the matter is that no one is legimate unless Chris Taylor

Very true ... I was fighting for years to have the legimate balance as featured mod ... Till today it is not here. So much about the will to make it right

So basically you took the work of another guy and made it yours ... And when ppl complained to have their game back they openly told them you can leave if you re not happy. We re the new landlords we do as it fits to us. Today they re saying fak almost all the good players left ... Basically took actions/desicions as if there will be no conscequence at all

Franck83 wrote:So the God is blessing the king... otherwise, -> democracy system

Democracy is not the ultimate solution dude it would be naive to think so. Imagine we were back in the time of the 3 reich
All your fellow support Hitler but you don*t. What would you do ? From what you wrote you would have join them without a little though about it

What is left as solution is a split of community but then again It is seen as a treason without to think who really is the traitor
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby speed2 » 09 Nov 2017, 12:27

Morax wrote:
Brutus5000 wrote:Except for 6) none of this has anything to do with development of client or server. The game team is a completely different one.

One of the biggest challenges is "hiring the right employee" in my career, so for you to not recognize that someone like mr-Smith - who is a professional coder - not being present is a huge loss breaks me.

Devs, please stop being so robotic and think outside the box. People get things done so quit acting like players who left because of action is not a big deal.

How exactly do we know that someone is a professional coder? I've never seen or heard he would code anything for FAF (maybe long time ago when Zep was around? or under some other name I would not recognize him).

I know at least 5 professional coders on FAF, but they don't want to code anything, they are here to play. So losing them is in no way of losing a potentional man power for coding.

Now about the topic of players leaving because of drastic changes to the gameplay.
It's not likethe changes would be made just for sake of changing something. Balance subforum is flooded with all kinds of complains about everything in the game. So there were quite a lof of people who wanted things to change. And how much changes has to be to make a drastic change? That's pretty much just a personal feeling. Me and many others don't think it's so drastic. The game is still the same, you need to adjust couple of things. And it's not like the balance patches would be coming out every month. So there is even enough time to get used to things. Some people not willing (or lazy) to change is a different story.
Spoiler: show
The real problem I see is that some people just can't get over the fact that the things are not the way they exactly wanted them. So they go and kick everywhere around... then they start "faf is shit, faf is cancer" and after that they are so surprised people don't want to listed to them anymore

Another topic, the ladder,
for the start I would want a ladder with working division, leagues system and rewards for them in form of avatars. That would be a good start in my opinion to get more people to play ladder (as it would make me to play occasional ladder game to get somewhere). Currently I see no reason to play ladder.

Now biass
biass wrote:Why write this paragraph after paragraph long ass-blasted post about this topic time and time again?
Who actually cares if dsto makes his thing or not, at least he is not out here trying to shit on others for not joining one giant pit of radiation of a "dev team" and working on something he personally doesn't like?
Plenty of people promote things outside of FAF that they made, their music, artwork, etc etc, this cancer "my thing is better then urs" isn't needed
like jesus christ dude, if i ever tried learning to code i hope i don't have someone like you around to try and take a dump on my efforts..
I'm personally glad dsto is able to take all this flak like a champ, even if im not personally interested in his client, i wish him all of the best.

also please stop @'ing me about "muh modern client" because it is also a bit of a UI mess

also, china called

not joining one giant pit of radiation of a "dev team"

How about next time you skip the insults and go directly to the constructive part? I dont see a single reason why anyone from the dev team should listed to what you have to say if you insult them first.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby IceDreamer » 09 Nov 2017, 12:46

Indeed... @Biass I tried to stick up for you because it was only fair to do so, but in return you do rather need to stop lumping in every dev, and every dev decision as 'radioactive' or 'cancer'. It's not constructive, it's not true, and it doesn't do anything to further your own position! Stick with your points, many are good ones :)

Instead of generic global insults at 'the devs' it would be helpful if from here on, people try to focus in on what their complaints really are, in some of the following categories:

- Connectivity
- The server itself (game hosting, rating, map/mod vault)
- The client
- Game balance
- Non-balance game changes
Last edited by IceDreamer on 09 Nov 2017, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby biass » 09 Nov 2017, 12:58

ice, That post quoted is my first one, on the first page, you did read the thread before making your post? I appreciate the "sticking up" but i didn't really need it, especially for against tatsu who does (?), so please don't try to weaponize it now.

I find it funny that a group of people asking to skip the insults are only addressing the insults and not the points or.. is that too hard?

And i ask the same of you speed, why should dsto listen to the "dev team" if they insult him first? This whole thread is formed from one dev going out of his way to personally take a crap on someone elses work for not being what they wanted, it's actually horrible, to blame dsto for faf progressing slowly also is horrible, did dsto ever do stuff for faf? why does he have to tank blame now? This whole thread is of course spun to make the OP look like a patron saint when tbh this whole thing should not have happened in the first place..

Spoiler: show
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby IceDreamer » 09 Nov 2017, 13:03

Can we please try to keep things on topic? Discussion over how this all came about should continue in the other thread. This one needs to be about the progression of FAF, and then leading into issues people have with that, not about who said what to who and why.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby speed2 » 09 Nov 2017, 13:04

I dont think dsto was ever blamed for faf progressing slowly, probably some miss understanding.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions