Nomads are back!

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Nomads are back!

Postby CookieNoob » 19 Feb 2017, 17:04

BenDover wrote:Nomads in phantom? Possible?

no. You cant host 2 featured mods at the same time. However, the structure of nomads requires its own init file and thus has to be a featured mod. So for now, we cant release it as a normal mod and thus it cant be played together with phantom-X.

However: you can either make a standalone phantom-mod which doesnt require its own init file (i.e. can be put in the mod vault) and then play the featured mod "nomads" and add this mod as well. The only change in the lobby (that I am aware of) for phantom is to add the "random - no UEF" option.
OR: convice a majority that nomads would be a great thing to integrate into standard FAF which would make them automatically available in phantom as well (currently its not yet ready for that though, there are some more bugs that need to be fixed first).
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby BenDover » 20 Feb 2017, 00:14

I know I can't host it now what I meant was would it be possible to allow us to host games with 2 featured mods at once (that are compatible of course, I haven't check but don't see why phantom would interfere with nomads).
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby tatsu » 20 Feb 2017, 01:13

BenDover wrote:I know I can't host it now what I meant was would it be possible to allow us to host games with 2 featured mods at once (that are compatible of course, I haven't check but don't see why phantom would interfere with nomads).

he answered as wholely as one could possibly imagine.

he covered all eventualities. read carefully you necessarily have the answer you're looking for in the short text he wrote.
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby KeyBlue » 20 Feb 2017, 05:51

Just noticed BRNK is playing phantom with nomads.
So it looks like you can use some old phantom mod and it seems to work decently?

They used
Code: Select all
Phantom-N v1.0 v1
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby lextoc » 20 Feb 2017, 18:54

I've played one game, and realised I will need to play a lot more before I can give you guys a good couple of replays haha.

What's the radar thing? It's a button in the top left, I clicked it and then I got green circles around my radars on the battlefield, and I was able to click in those circles, but nothing seemed to happen? Is there a Nomads guide somewhere? Probably on the wiki ...

Heads off to wiki

[update]: can't seem to find anything straight away.
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 20 Feb 2017, 19:37

lextoc wrote:What's the radar thing? It's a button in the top left, I clicked it and then I got green circles around my radars on the battlefield, and I was able to click in those circles, but nothing seemed to happen? Is there a Nomads guide somewhere? Probably on the wiki ...

This will be reworked, when is something in state that people are asking what that aplication do that mean it is in bad state. Will like to hear all other think that you ask yourself what it is and for what its there.

When i, (or someone else from team) will get some time then it will work as continual buff of radar that will drain much more energy but provide higerer range of radar. Nomads radar will whiteout this toggle drain 100% energy and providing (probably) 75% range compare to other radars and with toggle on drain +50% energy and have +50% randar range. So will be worst and best radar depend on player eco.

How it work now is meh:
Spoiler: show
When you click on toggle it start chaneling and after some time (that is diferent on every radar) while it continuesly drain energy it get radar boost what is +50% radar range, and decline after X second (what is diferent for every radar unit). On time when its owercharging it have EMP death weapon. So yeah big owercomplicate mesh that none can intuitive understand how it work and is perfectly ussles have radar fox X second when then it declay

About units and your lovely rewiev please w8 a day/3/4 for new patch that will bring lot of balance updates.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby tatsu » 20 Feb 2017, 20:38

OOOooooooo :o
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby sasin » 04 Mar 2017, 01:44

Ithilis_Quo wrote:
About units and your lovely rewiev please w8 a day/3/4 for new patch that will bring lot of balance updates.

Any word on when this is coming? Nomads is in the wwpc now, but I was waiting to get used to them for you to release this update :).
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 05 Mar 2017, 16:21

sasin wrote:Any word on when this is coming? Nomads is in the wwpc now, but I was waiting to get used to them for you to release this update :).

It is alredy out :). Like 95% is done, so feel free to deliver compliments and complains to curent version. That will make nomads better
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 06 Mar 2017, 01:04

They already are pretty awesome - kinda like all factions together - many hover units (sera), some tanky units (UEF), some very versatile ones (Cybran), often there is 1 unit per task (cough Aeon cough)
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions