Submit your wishes HERE

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: Submit your wishes HERE

Postby Blackheart » 03 May 2017, 11:42

Hard rating limits for games. Its tiring to host "no noobs" and 1700s keep joining, would be cool if they just cant join instead of having to kick at least 10 people per lobby.
Blackheart
Priest

Has liked: 294 times
Been liked: 299 times
FAF User Name: various

Postby Morax » 03 May 2017, 21:08

jackherer wrote:There is no rank in custom game. So it may be hard to unrank something that is not rank.
/me hides

How about, since people always disagree here, we have the option of hosting a lobby with or without rating? :mrgreen:
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Voodoo » 03 May 2017, 21:15

I would be very happy if you could implement the "do not disturb" mode from gpgnet. To say people can't pm you in #aeolus when this mode is on.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby lextoc » 03 May 2017, 22:32

Voodoo wrote:I would be very happy if you could implement the "do not disturb" mode from gpgnet. To say people can't pm you in #aeolus when this mode is on.

An option like this that gets enabled when you're in-game would be great aswell.
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby Downlord » 03 May 2017, 22:35

This thread was meant to promote UserReport: https://feedback.userreport.com/7a3715d ... fd752647b/

Please file suggestions (or vote for existing ones) there instead of in this thread :)
Working on FAF is my passion. Most of you know me for the feature-rich Downlord's FAF Client, but I also program and maintain the FAF server. Visit my Patreon page to get some insights on my work.
Downlord
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 213 times
FAF User Name: Downlord

Vanilla ladder

Postby prodromos » 05 May 2017, 00:29

Subject! Says it all! Pay tribute to the cause of all this. Make it count in global rating.
Automatically half your games will be loading as Supcom vanilla and half as Forged Alliance
when you click ladder. When maps load, an in-game message informs about the mod in action.
If you can make it so that the in-game music automatically matches the version of the game , it would be
awesome.

Many will bitch certainly, but it might as well rejuvenate gameplay and kill boredom.
Of course you could make 2 ladders if you wish. But engaging people forcibly to play
old SupCom would ensure all would try the old ways. There was much snobbery in the past
against the 1st game which is not right in my eyes. All became obsessed with balance and forgot
the fun. We have loads of balance already, let's go to the roots and have some fun.
Introduce variability based on tradition. Make people value how it all began and why we
eventually reached a point of maturity in Forged Alliance.
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby prodromos » 05 May 2017, 00:57

jackherer wrote:There is no rank in custom game. So it may be hard to unrank something that is not rank.
/me hides

Yes, there is.
Imo, all games that are not ladder are custom, no matter if some of them are played by the default rules, and called "ranked". Because there's no regulation as to the mix of maps played, player matchmaking etc.

Allowing a ranking in such games was done to give people, too afraid to play a proper ranked match , a sense of accomplishment. I am still not sure , what this has achieved so far, if it has , anything. So I was not quite opposite to the idea in the beginning. In addition ,taking out the contribution of ladder in your rating and letting only custom which was baptized as ranked to be the sole determinant of your ranking is an abomination. Even more so , when there was a bunch of vocal players advocating how ranking was not right because it was based only on 1v1, and people thought it sounded right!
So, after that , instead of people playing the game more and learning it, they relaxed, because there was no need to be competitive, just play the map you know better than your neighborhood ,with your lame old buddy and do the occasional scam , to get some easy points. Because , in reality this is what we are talking about.

A game that caters for the lowest skill first, is going to die. On the opposite the attempt should be to elevate player skill. Yeah , I know , you have probably heard me say this before, but I could not resist myself. And I am quite sure , many of you will have a heart attack, feel pity for me, lose all your hair, or rage hard by hearing this. But someone has to point out a shame all know about but are reluctant to admit publicly.

The argument about multiplayer games, and testing in conditions other than 1v1 can offer, is moot. If you want to assess player skill in big team cooperation , often involving the complexities of late game t3,t4, it would be nice to do it on a proper 2v2 or 3v3 ladder. No-one said custom should be stopped , but no ranking should come out of it.
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby keyser » 05 May 2017, 01:18

they are not ranked but rated.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Downlord » 05 May 2017, 08:46

This thread was meant to promote UserReport: https://feedback.userreport.com/7a3715d ... fd752647b/

Please file suggestions (or vote/comment existing ones) there instead of in this thread.
Working on FAF is my passion. Most of you know me for the feature-rich Downlord's FAF Client, but I also program and maintain the FAF server. Visit my Patreon page to get some insights on my work.
Downlord
Councillor - DevOps

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 213 times
FAF User Name: Downlord

Previous

Return to General Discussions