My Seraphim Campagin

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

My Seraphim Campagin

Postby shadowlorda1 » 14 Aug 2016, 10:27

Hello everyone! Because of Speed's mighty knowledge in the arts of custom mission making. I have learned from him how to a campaign. The story behind this is already planned and being put in, so sorry in advance that I will not be taking mission ideas.

Story: The Seraphim are on the run and their retreat is going poorly. Barely a few dozen Seraphim are backed by the shreds of the Order. With survival their only goal you must lead the remains of the Seraphim invasion deep into open space to regroup. if you can get through the coalition blockades of course...

Mission 1: Operation(Yath-Aez)
Story: Commander we are sending you to discover what happened to one of our scouts. we lost contact after he told us the planet was clear for an Evac site. Find out if he's still alive and clear out what enemy forces are there.
(Full Version)
https://mega.nz/file/JBlR3bra#V_yl9R0uD ... tjGbtNZ-Ac

Mission 2: Operation(Tha-Atha-Aez)
Story: We have recalled you back to the rear of the retreat. Coalition forces have cut out over half our commanders and this small frozen ball called Velica is their only escape route. We have forces already engaged on the planet, but they need assistance. defend the gates and protect the commanders retreating.
(Full version)
https://mega.nz/file/sZ8DXBaD#UQLgo7Twl ... nTwHdKN4V4

Mission 3: Operation(Uhte-Thuum-QAI)
Story: QAI survived Brackman's virus, however, he had to cut himself off from his network. We need to connect him back into his mainframe system. We are sending you to Procyon to help him retrieve one of his older mainframes. This planet is several sectors away from the front, so we have no data on enemy forces there, be careful commander.
(Full version)
https://mega.nz/file/YJkVEZ4K#9mHAmkz1M ... w5ywuvLseo

Mission 4: Operation(Ioz-Shavoh-Kael)
Kael has resurfaced and is starting a riot among our order commanders, if she is not silenced then we may have an internal conflict we can't control. Go to her headquarters and end her and whoever is following her. Expect the Coalition to respond as well.
(Full version)
https://mega.nz/file/tVshSRjQ#fHiKssqw2 ... AgJvFrr70k

Mission 5: Operation(Overlord Surth-Velsok)
The unthinkable has happened Commander one of our best Seraphim brothers is defecting, He believes our only chance to survive is to forge peace with the humans, This can not be allowed either bring him back or end him if he refuses.
(testable beta version)
https://mega.nz/file/VclFgTjB#LxztoV4H3 ... vgj8RCITXA

Alliance Campaign

Mission 1: Operation(Blockade)
The Seraphim are on a massive retreat into open space, we have however set up a number of blockade planets to hopefully funnel them to more suitable battles in our favor, one of these blockade planets has gone dark and we are sending your team to find out why. good luck commander.
(Full Version)
https://mega.nz/file/0Q0lCJyL#ZwEFuYSjA ... deAMpzHsJU

Mission 2: Operation(Holy Raid)
We are still chasing the Seraphim out of the core worlds but a bigger issue has come up. Somehow 2 Order commanders have found one of Brackman's top research labs. We can't let them have the research, it could turn the tide of the war in their favor. stop them, commander.
(Full Version)
https://mega.nz/file/ZJlhnRYQ#3cSy1_TFu ... uC_UtGshBU

Mission 3: Operation(Golden Crystals)
Commander so far the seraphim and order forces have fled far into open space. However, we got a distress call from the other side of coalition space in former UEF territory. Normally we would ignore it in this dire time, but the planet is mine for rare minerals for ACU components. We don't know how if the Seraphim are the attackers or how they got there, but we must respond, good luck Commander.
(Very beta test version)
https://mega.nz/file/sNkhXRpb#pZ3eLN9_O ... AoVRpFMZcE

Mission 4: Operation(Rebel's Rest)
Commander We are continuing the search for the Seraphim army in open space, but a new internal struggle as coming up. It seems that General Flecther was not alone in his agenda. We have already locked up another a hundred military personnel that supported his coup, but two ACU pilots just defected to his cause. They have gated on to the prison island of Rebels Rest and are attempting to free their imprisoned comrades. Stop them, kill the prisoners if you have to, but stop them.
(No testable Verison yet)

Mission 5: Operation(Red Revenge)
We are giving you this mission because of how personal this one is. We have located a seraphim stronghold world. The seraphim leading the defense is the same seraphim who launched the surprise attack on you and commander Doysta. he is guarding some sort of Seraphim research lab, with one other Order commander, kill them both and take the labs.
(No testable Verison yet)

To test the mission download and unzip the file, then move it to your maps folder in FaF folder
C:\Users\"YourUsername"\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps

let me know any bugs or ideas for improvements
Thanks!
Update: 1
Mission 2 has a bunch of changes implements,
The mission is now lose-able, increased the attacks from bases (many need to increase again if needed)
Added more attacks and specials in the last part, players now have access to exp assault bot and t2 art in the second part and on

Update: 2
New Mission! try it out!
Added coop to both missions You can play to up to 4 people!
I fixed a bunch of stuff but don't remember what exactly!
Good luck!

Update: 3
2 new missions But not fully compete
new "Campaign" play as the alliance during this last-ditch seraphim effort

Update: 4
Added second part to Operation Blockade and part of the final section along with coop
Have fun!

Update: 5
The operation blockade is fully released! play any of the Coalition factions and defeat the seraphim!
fixed and added a bunch of things to Operation (Yath-aez), improved a lot of its code.

Update: 6
All Operations got fixes. New attacks, simplified old attacks, increased overall difficulty of missions( Currently only Operation(Uhte-thuum-QAI) has difficulty settings.
Operation(Uhte-thuum-QAI) got a rework! New map and set up! Enjoy and tell me what you guys think!

Update: 7
Sorry for the lack of content, I been busy. A new test version of Operation (Holy Raid) only first two parts are done, I had done some work on it a few months back, found it was playable and wanted to get stuff out you guys, so let me know of anything major wrong with it!

Update: 8
Operation(Uhte-thuum-QAI) is fully complete, it's by far the most in-depth mission I have worked on and will be used to further improve my other missions. I have more content in the making but nothing playable yet!

Update: 9 Massive rework of Seraphim mission 2 lots and lots of changes and bug fixes, let me know what you think!

Update: 10 Lots of small improvements on most missions and part 3 of holy raid completed.

Update: 11 New mission Seraphim mission 4 is now out and ready to be played!

Update: 12 All missions have been reuploaded with various changes and tweaks. A new testable version of Seraphim mission 5.

let me know what you guys think!
Last edited by shadowlorda1 on 19 May 2020, 10:13, edited 29 times in total.
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: shadowlorda1

Re: My Seraphim Campagin

Postby nine2 » 14 Aug 2016, 11:05

No attachment?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby JMorten » 14 Aug 2016, 14:02

Hi I downloaded the zip-file and extracted the files into the map-folder mentioned above.

How do I start the misson now? It doesn't show up in Skirmish and Campaign, also not when creating a private game on faf. What am I missing here?
JMorten
Crusader

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: JMorten

Postby KeyBlue » 14 Aug 2016, 14:34

Host coop mission in faf lobby (doesn't matter which) and then change the map through options.
You'll see the mission in the list.
Don't forget to put victory condition to sandbox (host a standard game and change it there)
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby KeyBlue » 14 Aug 2016, 15:08

Ok i just played through it and took a quick look at your code.
These are some of my thoughts and remarks:

• Nothing happens when you lose one of the gates. There doesn't seem to be a way to actually lose the mission?
  • You need to improve the indentation of the code: spaces and tabs. It really improves readability of the code.
  • # isn't used anymore, change it too --
  • don't need to use a Forkthread in a resultcallback if there is only 1 function you call.
  • You repeatedly make platoons and loop over each unit to call ScenarioFramework.GroupPatrolChain().
    Code: Select all

units = ScenarioUtils.CreateArmyGroupAsPlatoon('UEF', 'P1attack4', 'GrowthFormation')
    for _, v in units:GetPlatoonUnits() do
        ScenarioFramework.GroupPatrolChain({v}, 'P1intattack4')
    end

I suggest to use ScenarioFramework.PlatoonPatrolChain instead:
    Code: Select all
    units = ScenarioUtils.CreateArmyGroupAsPlatoon('UEF', 'P1attack4', 'GrowthFormation')
    ScenarioFramework.PlatoonPatrolChain(units, 'P1intattack4')
  • You removed Tac missles, but the seraphim acu has a Tac missle upgrade. So if you don't want any tml, you need to make an upgrade restriction for that.
  • Due to the layout of my base, the acus walked around my base and instead of going straight for the quantum gateway, they made a detour to the center of my base first. Thats quite strange, so maybe find a way to not let that happen. (no move order inside the base, maybe?)
  • In the second wave of walking acus, you get a percy attack from the east. These percies aren't in any formation.
  • One of the dialogs, IntroP4, had a spelling mistake: gote instead of gate
  • Aeon navy is stuck inside their base. Due to me having units near that location at all time, none of the naval units move south.
  • During the 3rd walking acus mission. Some units are coming from the south west, through the water. If you have units near the shore, The fatboys will stay in the water, not shooting at all.
  • I see you set 'landscouting' on for your bases? This results in there being random scouts running around the map. I had a selen running around my base the entire game. Not sure if thats what you intended.
  • I see you used some LOG() messages. I suggest to use a custom prefix (default is *DEBUG:) so you can easily filter out all your custom log messages in the log screen.
  • It would look nice if you let the acu's walk into the quantum gateway before gating out.

Overall it was a pleasant experience.
One minor issue is that after stopping all the attacks on the walking acus, it is quite boring to have to wait until they arrive at the gate.

Hopefully this is atleast a little helpful.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby JMorten » 14 Aug 2016, 20:30

Hi I have tested the mission but not all the way through. Anyone who wants to play the mission is advised not to read further spoilers ahead.

I got stuck because one of the walking ACU's was trapped in my base, and even though I reclaimed the buildings around it, it wouldn't move anymore. I also have to say I lost the portal in my base, maybe that is why nothing happened?

I played in a very relaxed style which kind of went against the "under-fire" atmosphere of the mission. I didn't expect that the force that attacked my base after the countdown (at the start of the mission) had so many air units in it, perhaps because the first wave that is attacking your base when entering the mission is mainly composed of land units. This air attack destroyed the better part of my base and I was busy rebuilding before I could move on with the objectives. It also destroyed the portal in my base, but the mission went on.

One thing I noticed, is that the Aeon naval units that enter the map in the north-east appear to be flying a fair distance over the ground. It took a while until I realized that they're hovering on water. At least at my level of detail, it looked confusing:

aeonhover.jpg
aeonhover.jpg (279.29 KiB) Viewed 15867 times

When I was able to reach out to the enemy bases, I noticed I didn't have many options for offensive. T2 Bots are cannon fodder for percies, and no sniper bots or mobile artillery available, so I turned to spamming Othuums, Mobile shields and T3 mobile AA. I got impatient and sent my upgraded ACU into battle, but it got killed by Percies. The mission didn't end and I played on.

In order to accomplish something, I now went full T3 spam, and tried to get some ASF's. I found it next to impossible to get air control while the enemy bases were established.

factory spam.jpg
factory spam.jpg (349.78 KiB) Viewed 15867 times

I used some MML to weaken enemy defenses as they had no TMD. But in the end I just steamrolled base after base with a mix of Othuums, mobile shields and T3 anti-air. Which indeed was a lot of fun to watch the mass of units plough through the fortifications.

t3force.jpg
t3force.jpg (462.07 KiB) Viewed 15867 times

I also liked the design of the map. In multiplayer, you often have symmetrical maps, and it was nice to fight over a varied map.

Thanks for the effort you already put in the mission, I had a great time testing it :).
JMorten
Crusader

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: JMorten

Postby shadowlorda1 » 14 Aug 2016, 23:53

Thanks everyone fro their feedback ill get work on it as soon as i can, but im in my last year of high school, so i gots lots of busy work to do, so i wont be able to get much doen really fast but ill try my best! thanks all!
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Postby Tagada » 16 Aug 2016, 14:50

I managed to complete mission on hard dificulty by first try and i need to say it was a little bit too easy. Basicly if u survive first and second part of the mission there isn t too much pressure on you and duo to massive reclaim everywhere u have infinit mass, i had around 20 and then even more t3 factorys just spamming t3 units and steamrolled every base, when the big base appeart i just spammed t3 arty and nukes, in the final part i have to say it s immposible to defend the gate duo to 2 gc s that spawn next to it and it takes like 30 sec for them to kill the gate, i lunched nuke as they appear but even that wasn t enough. Basicly if u play first time and u don t have tons of units ready in aeon base you are problably going to lose the gate, however even then game is still going and when commanders arrive to your gate you win. Also one more thing, as the gc spawns and fat boys also CZAR apears i would say way to close, i suggest that it should spawn in corner of the map so you have more time to bring back your airforce. So 3 things: 1. Set fatboy s move command out of the water and then attack move, 2. set a warning or something that there will be heavy attack on aeon base or expand a map a little and spawn gc further so you have some chance of protecting the gate,3. spawn CZAR in South east corner.
Tagada

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: WhoIsThisNoob

Postby shadowlorda1 » 17 Aug 2016, 00:45

Tagada14 thanks for the feedback, so first off i dont have any diffculty settings so right now its all the same difficulty, and the aeon base is suppose to fall i need to add in the objective vanishs just like the seraphim one, and to be honst about how hard it is the original campaign were never super hard, once you got past the first section of any of them you were unstoppable, so there'res not much i can do without super restricting the player or completely over powering them.
but thanks for the bugs im working on fixing as many stuff as i can i think by this weekend ill have a new update for it
shadowlorda1
Crusader

Postby ca2 » 23 Aug 2016, 23:03

there are no coop right? i tried to play with friend but he didnt even spawn. could you add coop to ur mission pls if thats the case
ca2

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ca2

Next

Return to Coop