Passwording servers

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Passwording servers

Postby iviv » 18 Sep 2011, 21:00

Hey, just found this through the GPG forum and seems pretty cool. Me and my group of friends have been wanting a new place to play FA without GPGnet, and this seems to do the job, though still testing it all out. One main issue we'd have is the lack of a password protection option for games. Is this going to be added in the future, as it would beat calling a game private then kicking all the people who join anyway.

But on trying a few games, there doesn't seem to be any AI support? Me and a friend tried a few games, against Sorian and regular AIs, all on maps which were shipped with the game, and the AI commanders just stood there not building anything. The only thing that changed was us installing FAF. Has anyone had this issue/is it a known problem? We both have the latest Sorian and Duncane AIs installed, but would rather not uninstall them since we usually play against them in our group, so would prefer to simply switch back to playing on GPGnet instead.

And finally, if there is an issue with our setups preventing AI play, would it be possible to copy the 'Map has AI markers' filter that Sorian's Lobby Enhancemod mod has? We play against AI quite a bit, so it owuld be good to easily see which maps to check out or to ignore.

Thanks in advance for the answers, and also for creating this system in the first place!
iviv

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Passwording servers

Postby Ze_PilOt » 18 Sep 2011, 21:38

Passwording : yes

Sorian AI : won't work because it need a special lobby and we already have our. Maybe in the future.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to General Discussions