AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Postby AwarE » 25 Apr 2014, 04:26

You raise an important talking point...
The AIs need to share their resources on most maps so that they do not waste mass. Usually one AI has an excess between 3mins and 10mins game time.

Now I may be wrong in thinking that just allying the AI does not cause them to share, and that its only when the human team share that the AIs will share.

I think I read this on Sorian's GpG post and have done it ever since. We could test it out to be sure. The in-game setting is tricky to set because the visual indication is ambiguous, as its hard to tell whether you are in 'share' or 'none share' mode. On top of that there has been a new addition to the lobby options that allows 'share units on death' that confuses the issue further.

In any case I thought it would be normal for human team members to share resources to ensure you partner does not have an energy stall.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby Adraius » 25 Apr 2014, 07:42

Indeed, I wasn't familiar with this setting until you mentioned it, and the share units until death / full share setting was the one that sounded similar enough to come to mind. Once I looked at the settings, however, it was easy enough to find both settings and what they did. (and the share units until death / full share setting is essentially irrelevant due to Annihilation victory conditions) The resource sharing option is one that I imagine all players have set to on and never touched again, as it's virtually always beneficial - though come to think of it, I'm not sure if it is toggled on by default.

We should test it with and without the setting to see the results.

EDIT: check out replay UID 2125151 in the vault if you have a chance. :D
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Postby hypercubeborg » 29 Apr 2014, 12:24

Hi,
a few weeks ago I installed FAF and I played so far only survival games with 5th_dimension map and one single human player.
I just read this post and "Thermopylae v4 TeamPlayAI" looks like an interesting map, but I didn't find it in the vault, there is only a generic Thermopylae map without AI markers.
Are there any other single choke point maps with good AI markers?

Thank you so much for your patience!
hypercubeborg

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: hypercubeborg

Postby AwarE » 30 Apr 2014, 09:56

My version of 'Thermopylae TeamPlayAI' was removed from the Vault by FAF management.
It was the only Thermo map that had no errors, prevented players using the hill tops and produced a very strong AI build and attack.
The map had Restrictions: No Air, LRCs, nuke, sat, tele, eye, paragon ...this is why it was removed, because the script prevented ranked play.

I try to avoid the boring Thermo experience by making maps with many paths. The aim for me is to set markers that cause the AI to use all paths not just the main path.

The original 'Gap of Rhonda TeamPlay' map had an intentional no-build area at the center choke point due to uneven ground.
A little prick called McGeifer removed my original map from the Vault by editing my map and using the same name with a different version number. He has made this into another Thermo by leveling the ground at the gap, allowing shielded defenses.
Anyway some people, like you, will probably love his change.
So give 'Gap of Rhonda TeamPlay' a try.

Good Luck
roj
AwarE
Priest

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby spice » 12 Oct 2015, 11:57

Any more maps as of late?
spice