AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Re: AI Co-Op TeamPlay

Postby Adraius » 24 Jul 2012, 23:03

GuardPatroller wrote:Wait, so a processor that has 4 Ghz quad core and FA core optimization will still lag 11 Hard AI? 11 AIx would be damn hard but with a good video card (Nvidia Quadro 5010M) you should be able to run smoothly for at least the first 30-45 minutes.

From what I gather from the old thread on GPG, the simspeed slowdown was at least partially independent of the hardware tested on; in other terms, more powerful computers didn't do a whole lot better than lower-tier couterparts, although they did perform somewhat better. Sorian did try to minimize the problem in his AI, however, so with it the benefit of a more powerful computer may be more along the lines of what you'd expect.

On another note, I'm looking for a playing partner with which to test our mettle versus these scenarios. In anyone interested in hooking up for some vs. AI games between multiplayer matches?
Adraius

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Adraius

Postby GuardPatroller » 31 Jul 2012, 05:02

I understand, that must be because of the limitations of today's AI programming, which is inefficient, and memory of 6561km² of land, lol. But I'd suppose 2007-2008 computers of maximum specs would consist of similar Flop-rates of modern $600 computers. I just hope to "get what I pay for" if it proves necessary to buy (and won't buy another for at least eight years).

I hope you find a testing partner, and hopefully before I can manage affording that computer. Otherwise, I'd love to test with you, might even be only a few weeks.
GuardPatroller
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TechnoGuard

Postby AwarE » 02 Aug 2012, 10:25

These maps are designed for 2 Human players verse 2 teamed AIx Sorian Turtle AI. The extra start positions are used for AI expansion, although the front line position could also be used to add a Sorian Rush AI. The AIx cheat factor was set at 1.2 for good players. Noobies should use non-AIx Sorian Turtle AI.

Mountain Colony TeamPlayAI
8 player
10x10
Humans start position 1&2, AIx start positions 7&8
Land/Air
Asymmetrical landform, slight resource advantage to AI due to location.

Nuke the elk TeamPlayAI
6 player
10x10
Humans start position 1&2, AIx start positions 5&6
Land/Air
Asymmetrical landform, slight resource advantage to AI due to location.

The Drunken Pirates Dance TeamPlayAI
8 player
20x20
Humans start position 1&2, AIx start positions 7&8
Land/Air/Naval
Symmetrical landform, balanced resources.

Hrungdaks Dryland TeamPlayAI
4 player
40x40
Humans start position 1&2, AIx start positions 3&4
Land/Air/Naval
Asymmetrical landform, balanced resources.

Enjoy
roj
AwarE
Priest

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby Adraius » 02 Aug 2012, 17:52

Oh man, water maps. :twisted:

:D Here's hoping we can have some battles like this:
Adraius

Postby Rathik » 03 Aug 2012, 12:49

I love the vs AI idea.

If you need anyone to play along let me know, msg me at Rathik on faf.
Rathik
Crusader

FAF User Name: Rathik

Postby AwarE » 03 Aug 2012, 13:32

Hi Rathik,
Welcome to Co-Op ...I will play with you on FAF soon to test some new maps.

Adraius and I played the map 'Mountain Colony TeamPlayAI' against 2 AIx Sorian Turtle AIs in the rear teamed with 2 Sorian Rush AIs in front. We wiped the board clean in 58mins [with the AIx multipliers set at 1.2]. Medium to good players should enjoy the battle, experts will need to set multipliers higher. Next time I play with Adraius we will set them to 1.4 and maybe make the front AIs AIx as well.

That game was mad fun with rushing AI commys to contend with.
roj

PS. thats an awesome video
AwarE
Priest

Postby Adraius » 03 Aug 2012, 20:12

Hey, they almost killed me with that! :lol: Only thing about AIs is they don't always have enough respect for their com's life... he was eating 2 T2 PDs in the face. I guess that just shows the merit of building a couple forward T1s as well though. Then again, it's set to annihilation, so I guess I could have lost my com. I'm so used to having to keep it safe at all costs.

I forgot that the Rush AIs weren't AIx, bumping them to AIx once we set the multiplier to x1.4 to augment the Tech AIs will be downright murderous. The masochistic part of me wants to try it, but I don't expect success. =P

Will be available all day for anyone that wants to try a map.
Adraius

Postby Rathik » 06 Aug 2012, 22:47

Need to ask something.

Is there a way that the lobby can recognize which maps have AI markers and add it in the map search drop down options?

With so many custom maps out there it would be cool to have this feature implemented in the lobby.

Any thoughts on that?
Rathik
Crusader

FAF User Name: Rathik

Postby AwarE » 07 Aug 2012, 02:51

I have asked for an 'AI markers' search option in the past. Raging Squirrel has made many improvements to the FAF Vault and has included a Filter that gives map size and # of players.
Apart from the filter there is the Search, that only scans the map names not the map description or the types of markers in the map save file.
I think one of the problems is that all maps have the basic markers like start positions and mex, some maps have a few extra combat markers and the old SC markers , most custom maps don't have a full set of FA markers.

FA markers
1./ Basic markers
2./ Build markers
3./ Movement markers - breaks down to 4 sub-sets of linked markers - Land, Naval, Air and Amphibious
4./ Combat markers

The linked chains of the four types of movement markers are the ones that are most commonly not included. These are a hassle to layout... if you get it right it will improve the AI build, make the AI seem more intelligent and improve game speed. If you get it wrong it can be very frustrating where the AI plays dumb like not going past T2, wastes time circling around marker chains, does not build at choke points and generally 'mills about' so that it slows the game sim speed early.
Using Sorian Turtle AI will help sim-speed and also have AI Ommi radar 'ON' in options when using custom maps without markers.
All my 'TeamPlay' or 'TeamPlayAI' maps have a full set of FA markers included. My maps have been tested to ensure the AI runs fast and builds well. I have made over 200 Co-Op vrs AI maps and only the ones loaded to FAF Vault this year use TeamPlay in the map name. You can't search for the map Author so you have to know the map name to find the older ones. Examples 'Docklands', 'Birth Canal', 'Water Dragon', 'Elenin', 'Planet X', 'Sandy Shoals', 'River Plate' ect.

Have you tried the map 'Aware Wolf' against Cybran AIx?

I will try to list all my maps.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Postby AwarE » 07 Aug 2012, 03:06

On another subject...

Build Restrictions

Some of my latest maps have Build Restrictions included as part of the map to improve gameplay.

LRCs, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on these maps:
Nuke the elk TeamPlayAI
Mountain colony TeamPlayAI
Crush the Castle III TeamPlay
King of the Hill TeamPlayAI

Nukes, LRCs, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on these maps:
Mountain corridor TeamPlay
Big Game Hunters TeamPlay

T3 Air, Satellites and Aeon Paragon are restricted on this map:
Piombino Citadel TeamPlay

Other maps have no restrictions:
desert arena TeamPlayAI