Patch 3652 (beta) changelog

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Patch 3652 (beta) changelog

Postby Sheeo » 24 Oct 2015, 14:29

Hey folks,

Here's the changelog for the current beta version released on FAF. It'll say 3653 in the lobby, but once released it's version 3652.

Patch 3652 (pending)
============================

**Lobby**

- Name filter when selecting map
- Prevent host from changing teams of others while ready
- Game quality in lobby now visible again
- Reduced autobalance random variation to get team setups with better overall quality

**UI**

- New keybinding 'soft_stop'
- Soft-stop will cancel all orders of a factory except their current one, if you soft-stop a factory with only one order it will get cleared
- Soft-stop on a silo unit will clear the current orders but not stop the actual building of a missile
- Transport lock: Right click on a unit in a transport to lock it in place. If all units in transports are locked and you order unload they will be unloaded anyway.
- Multi-upgrade: Added UI support to upgrade structures several levels at once (i.e: cybran shields, hives, mexes, factories etc)
- Auto-overcharge: It's now possible to let overcharge fire automatically whenever you have the required power
- Ferry orders are now persistent, even if the original transports die. Remove it by shift-ctrl right click the first beacon
- Order repair on a wreck to rebuild it if possible by some of the selected engineers. Those not able to rebuild the wreck will assist after the build starts.
- Units explicity repairing (not assisting) a structure that dies will automatically try to rebuild it
- Refactor the income economy overlay not to show reclaim values appearing in the generated income column and do correct rounding of the numbers.
- Fixed bug with unit regen debuff not being visible in UI
- Fixed bug with buildpower not visible in unitview

**Gameplay**

- Teamkill is now detected and a player can make an explicit report
- Air units are now able to fire at water-landed transports
- Hoplite now calculate their aim correctly when firing at a fleeing target
- Slight increase of unit size(not hitbox) of T3 sniper bots, Othuum and Rhino to alleviate their weapon's ground-hitting ability
- Seraphim Experimental Nuke now deals damage to itself
- Cybran drones no longer leave wreckage when killed
- Cybran T2 PD and Tank now got their original lasers back
- Defense structures now start rotated at their nearest enemy when built, if no enemies found they default at middle of map
- Remove friendly fire on Atlantis AA
- Location of enemy civilian structures are now revealed at start of the game (lobby option)
- Navy units now should respect their max-range better when having move-attack order
- Set GuardReturnRadius to 3 as default, will make guarding / patrolling / move-attacking units less prone to move off their designated mission while hunting something
- Units moving on seabottom now leave treadmarks - they disappear faster though
- Re-enabled death animation on non-naval units
- Seraphim GW now uses all its 3 exits

**Bugs**

- Fixed bug with units getting invincible after a visit to their nearest carrier
- Fixed bug with not able to target a blip of a given / upgraded structure
- Fixed bug which caused silo missiles to disappear at launch stage
- Fixed bug with water sounds not playing while a unit was submerged
- Fixed bug with omni buff instead getting radius of radar
- Fatboy and Cybran cruisers shouldn't engage enemies way outside their range anymore

**Performance**
- Optimization of score accumulation
- Tweaks to hive build effects to reduce performance impact
- Cleanup of enhancement sync code to make it faster and more secure

**Other**
- Tech-level filter in debug window now works as intended

Test it out and leave comments here!

Many thanks to Crotalus, IceDreamer, speed2, DukeOfEarl and Gorton.
Support FAF on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/faf?ty=h

Peek at our continued development on github: https://github.com/FAForever
Sheeo
Councillor - Administrative

Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 233 times
FAF User Name: Sheeo

Re: Patch 3652 (beta) changelog

Postby yeager » 24 Oct 2015, 15:20

THIS LOOKS GREAT :D
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Crotalus » 24 Oct 2015, 15:59

To enable 'soft_stop' , go to keybinding and bind "Stop and cancel all factory orders except the current one" to a key, 'S' for example. The Stop-UI-button's behavior will depend on if you have binded soft_stop to 'S' or not.

Also, shift-S is Stop as default so you could use that "hard stop" key, also possible to rebind
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Postby tatsu » 24 Oct 2015, 17:13

Oh good. This makes FAF (as far as I know) be the first ever Game to support orders as a first class entity. (the persistent ferry)

could we mod this to support more orders?
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby Crotalus » 24 Oct 2015, 17:26

Yeah, could in theory add support to persist "any" order, like build orders on map so they stay even if engineers dies, another example could be patrols. Currently you would have to make it a sim-mod though, there is no "general UI-support" for any order as of yet.
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 24 Oct 2015, 18:34

this looks great: "Ferry orders are now persistent, even if the original transports die. Remove it by shift-ctrl right click the first beacon" it will be cool when same would be also for build order.

"Cybran T2 PD and Tank now got their original lasers back"
i was love cybran laser, and its nice to have it back.

and i found that its not fixing warning from log, that is linked with missing unit icon and description that occur from last patch. This cause potential huge problem for every mod that operate with new units/units icon/description and make infinity spam in log and slow game down. It occur on last path and would be nice dont have it in game. (occur when try to cheat and go with cursor over units that dont have icon - or when mod have changed some icon)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby speed2 » 24 Oct 2015, 19:04

Ithilis_Quo wrote:and i found that its not fixing warning from log, that is linked with missing unit icon and description that occur from last patch. This cause potential huge problem for every mod that operate with new units/units icon/description and make infinity spam in log and slow game down. It occur on last path and would be nice dont have it in game. (occur when try to cheat and go with cursor over units that dont have icon - or when mod have changed some icon)

it should be there too, or at least some of the warnings fixed
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Zeldafanboy » 24 Oct 2015, 20:24

Sheeo wrote:- Defense structures now start rotated at their nearest enemy when built, if no enemies found they default at middle of map

Finally-- now the south team isn't at a disadvantage when building T3 arty on Setons
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby Petricpwnz » 24 Oct 2015, 20:40

Did a 20 min test, made a list of stuff that isn't working or is working not perfectly from what I can tell.
Maybe I just tested in a wrong way, no idea, I attach 2 replays, crashed in 1st game so had to rehost.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Changing OC fire mode doesn't refresh in UI, have to reselect your com to see what mode you have.
Sometimes com just stops doing any OC when in auto-OC mode while having all the energy in the world.
When you lock some units, drop them and pick them up again they remain locked in transport, don't think this is good.
If you order a drop of an engie and then lock him the order remains on the map with transport ignoring it, nothing gamebreaking but floods the map.
"Soft stop" for me works just like a standard stop cancelling everything.
Hoplites still can't properly fire at fleeing targets.
Upgrading factories and other buildings from t1 to t3 by queuing works, but the hotkey for upgrading only works for the 1st tech lvl, F.I. I have upgrade binded to spacebar, select t1 fac, prace spacebar twice but it only registers the 1st upgrade.
Attachments
4006253-Petricpwnz.fafreplay
(8.35 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
4006125-Petricpwnz.fafreplay
(24.27 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Last edited by Petricpwnz on 25 Oct 2015, 02:53, edited 3 times in total.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 24 Oct 2015, 21:33

also im missing part about fixing chrono dumper that stun Ally units. Sheo was send me far away file where it is already fixed only need to be integrated. Pls do it :)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Next

Return to General Discussions