Survey: Which faction is your favorite one?

Talk about general things concerning Forged Alliance Forever.

Moderators: FtXCommando, Ze Dogfather

Which faction is your favorite one?

UEF
33%
Cybran
35%
Aeon
18%
Seraphim
9%
Nomads
5%

Total votes : 55

Re: Survey: Which faction is your favorite one?

Postby corsair831 » 08 Oct 2019, 16:41

Seraphim by far.

- T1 thaam/zhuey 6:1 ratio is amazing, combine that with level 1 regen aura and you have some amazing skirmishing potential. Thaam is a nice balance between the mantis and the striker, not too bad overall.
- T2, correctly micro'd ilshies are amazing; combine with zhueys and advanced regen aura for a very cost effective t2 experience. T2 transport drops with zhueys speak for themselves.
- T3, a combination of sniper bots with othuums at a 1:1 ratio is fantastic. Othuum has the highest dps per mass of any of the direct fire T3 units, but obviously its range sucks. Snipers let you control the distance of the fight, if you can get close enough then mass for mass the othuums will beat percies/harbs/bricks.
- T4, chicken's range is amazing, if correctly micro'd you can do a lot of damage to other direct fire T4 at long range. Combine it with a small pack of othuums for huge DPS if another T4 unit gets close and you have a winning combination.
corsair831
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Corsair831

Postby biass » 09 Oct 2019, 08:54

Choosing a faction because of balance :imfine:

There is something very poetic about taking out hordes of over the top hovercraft, skittering mechanids, and interdimensional alien invaders with good ol' reliable tank what shoot bullet. I'll always be a sucker for the generic human faction that needs to rely on basic, yet rugged gear and the heroism of the people who were sent to die in them. be that the UEF, the Imperial Guard, the GDI, Terrans, what have you. They dont look like bull, and they dont play like bull either.

But in reality i play random on FAF because haha you know
Bask in awe of what once was: http://bit.ly/2qubD3l

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 591 times
Been liked: 581 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby MrTBSC » 09 Oct 2019, 21:45

biass wrote:Choosing a faction because of balance :imfine:

There is something very poetic about taking out hordes of over the top hovercraft, skittering mechanids, and interdimensional alien invaders with good ol' reliable tank what shoot bullet. I'll always be a sucker for the generic human faction that needs to rely on basic, yet rugged gear and the heroism of the people who were sent to die in them. be that the UEF, the Imperial Guard, the GDI, Terrans, what have you. They dont look like bull, and they dont play like bull either.

the UEF still lacks a t3 mammoth/baneblade equivalent >:( ... ... HERESY!!!
MrTBSC

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Postby corsair831 » 10 Oct 2019, 19:31

biass wrote:Choosing a faction because of balance :imfine:

I get that totally, but for me it's all about the way the units play. Something really satisfying about finding a new way to use a faction unit, knowing all of the mass costs etc off by heart, what counters what etc etc ...

nomnomnom
corsair831
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Corsair831

Previous

Return to General Discussions