adjacency bonus Topic is solved

Balance discussions for The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

adjacency bonus

Postby ABSTRACT » 15 May 2017, 18:33

i have just tested adjacency bonus behaviour for artilleries
- t2 artillery: fully surrounded with t1 pgens (i havent tested with other pgens) shoots slower than without
- t3 artillery: no adjacency bonus (idk if it is intended; but other factions have it; but they have about the same costs and dps -> #balance)
---- btw the dps (currently 100 in the properties window) seems to be wrong calculated. i think it is about 500 because we have 5 projectiles/rate.
- t3 rocket artillery: just a view bug (it shoots before the loading bar is finished)
ABSTRACT

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: adjacency bonus

Postby CookieNoob » 17 May 2017, 10:00

hey ABSTRACT!

thx for your report, I looked into it and tried to fix the t2 arty adjacency thingy. It turned out to be waaayyy more complicated than I first thought. The reason this happens is that the recoil time (muzzle timeout) and the rackrecoiltimeout were longer than the (via adjacency) reduced fire cycle. That caused the weapon to skip one fire cycle when it wasnt recoiled entirely. To fix it, I reduced the muzzle reload time and the rack recoil timeout and now its working properly when surrounded with pgens*.

*there are exceptions, for example 4 t2 pgens will reduce the firing cycle enough to hit the same problem again, I wasnt able to fix that though. (on the other hand: who surrounds his arty with 4 t2 pgens??)

so 1 - 4 t1 pgens or up to 3 t2 pgens should work nicely.

the t3 arty adjacency bonus is a bit tricky as its only the relay unit for the satellite. I will have a look at it today or tomorrow.

I didnt look into the t3 rocket arty issue yet but I think this will be a pain to fix xD
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby ABSTRACT » 22 Jul 2017, 16:22

the t3 arty adjacency bonus is a bit tricky as its only the relay unit for the satellite. I will have a look at it today or tomorrow.

easiest way: add the cost of 4 t3 pgens and increase fire rate.
ABSTRACT

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: adjacency bonus  Topic is solved

Postby CookieNoob » 25 Jul 2017, 17:15

I fixed the t3 arty adjacency properly by relaying the modified rate of fire to the satellite if the ground building receives a rate of fire buff :) it will be part of the next update.

No idea about the rocket arty bug (the fire cycle indicator)
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby lapantouflemagic » 05 Dec 2017, 05:47

partially related, but i took a look yesterday at the nomads to see what is actually was. to my surprise it's kind of neat actually, well it's not perfect either, but that's an other story.

so about the T3 arty, i tried messing around with it, and i tried to Ctrl-K it, and things got weird : also the unit was apparently gone (i couldn't select it, and the strat icon was no longer there), but there was no explosion, the building didn't turn into a wreck, and the satellite didn't fall on the ground (or whatever's supposed to happen when the building dies)
lapantouflemagic
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: lapantouflemagic

Return to Nomads Balance