bugs + balance issue

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

bugs + balance issue

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 20 Mar 2015, 17:54

After long time was playing nomads again, in big number. And here is a list of Tokyto_ complain about bugs and stuff.

BUGs
- is not posible make RAS
- after mex was destroyed by T3 bomber was not disappaer from map and still displey as building
- something ridiculous slow a game to him, no idea what it can be, but game before and after everything was fine.

Balance issue
- T2 flak "ussles shit that never hit t2 units" -> problem would be that it have same muzzle as other flak but signicant lower aoe per shot. every flak miss a lot on same was, but bigger aoe take dmg, when it is smaller then it make problem. solution is bigger aoe, or more muzzle velocity on projector
- "crap tank experimental units" bulfrog want to be something as mega on range, and as gc on small range but dont have hp. so cant be as mega, because lack of hp and sam with gc on close range. against gc bulfrog probably win. but, it have lack of hp so can be defeat with relatively few strats. or T2 artilery that can easy deal with it. tokyto sugest rise hp and price.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Re: bugs + balance issue

Postby pip » 21 Mar 2015, 10:11

Thanks for report:
For the bugs, logs are needed and replay, because RAS work fine, mex are normal in my games, and there is no slow down.

For balance, t2 mobile flaks could have faster projectile, we'll try that.

Bullfrog kills Monkey, GC and Ythota in 1 on 1, and can fire while retreating like a Fatboy. Saying it's crap means all land experimentals except Megalith are crap. Saying you can kill it with t2 arties is true but you need more than twice the price of the bulffrog in t2 arties and shields to be able to kill it, (it's much easier to kill a fatboy with t2 arties than a bullfrog). Tokyto just needs to use it in Sandbox to learn how to micro it if needed but saying it's crap just means he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, 78 000 HP is not a lot? It's 11 000 more than Yhtotha. If your opponent builds strat to kill Bullfrog and you don't have ASF / T3 mobile AA to defend it, yeah, you will lose the bullfrog, same as you would lose any land experimental.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 21 Mar 2015, 19:39

i only reply what he say, as line of complanation. with my coment why probably t2 flak miss so hard. I know that in past i have same problem with this flak but on next sandbox it was working fine.

replay number is : 3223697

on ras issue, after speed upgrade was not able to make ras,
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby pip » 21 Mar 2015, 20:10

I can make RAS after speed or armor upgrade. I don't know why it didn't work for him.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Tokyto » 21 Mar 2015, 20:14

I dont know either, i just made speed upgrade and was unable to do my RAS afterwards. Maybe some mod might have done it, most likely norify 3,3.

About Bullfrog, it has little hp compared to GC or Mega, so it doesn't stand too long on battlefield, and if you add his low speed to it, it really is week imo (Also GC have those 2 ''vaccum cleaners'' on his arms so you might want to consider that too (and mega is factory).

Also, Ultraheavy tank sounds kindy silly to me :P (might be just personal thingy)

I can take a look later about the other things, but i have to go away now.
Tokyto
Evaluator

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 302 times
FAF User Name: Tokyto_

Postby Xforp » 15 Aug 2015, 02:16

Me and a few others are having a bug where we can't place any of the nomad buildings down because there's no response when clicking on the building icon in the UI. The tooltips don't come up either. This isn't without any UI mods or anything on, using the non-beta version of FaF 3648. (Or something like that)

Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place. First post on forum :oops:
Xforp

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Xforp

Postby pip » 15 Aug 2015, 08:38

FAF latest version broke Nomads, it will be fixed someday, hopefully soon. Please be patient.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Xforp » 15 Aug 2015, 13:53

pip wrote:FAF latest version broke Nomads, it will be fixed someday, hopefully soon. Please be patient.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response!
Xforp

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Xforp

Return to Nomads Discussions