Visual feedback

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Visual feedback

Postby pip » 09 Jan 2015, 12:58

Please post here comments on the visual aspects of the faction : textures, models, fx.

1) Textures will be reworked so it would be good if you guys give us some ideas / feedback. For your information, the latest unit textured and that will be the sample for texture rework is the Armored t3 Tank (Slugger). So if you have feedback on this one, it will help adjust the global style of the faction.
There are several other styles of textures, so please tell us which ones you like, which ones you dislike using units examples.

2) Models : probably not much will change about them, but if you have some comments to do, go ahead. I hope some units models will be improved like the t1 land scout, but it's not the priority compared to textures.

3) Fx are probably the easiest thing to tweak. I think they are pretty good overall, but if something bothers you, let us know.

For intance, Lextoc said : "green halo on hover tanks doesn't look good. Would look better if it was white, or some kind of white because white + brown / orange is better than green + brown/orange".
Let us know if you have similar feedback.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Re: Visual feedback

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 09 Jan 2015, 15:01

- enginer loost to similar cros tech, hard to recognise with tech it is. and model of enginer dont look much interesting

- model texture and behavior of lab - astor is bad. It looks too similar as T1 tank, and is very easy to build them when i want to build normal tanks. and because its hover its bad manevrable, and have suffer on trying miss a shot.

- i dont like model and texture of slugger and model of nova, T2 tanks i see as most interesting, and slugger is completle different style. Nova have nice texture but on nova with asymetrical and too tiny canon, and whole platform for me its look vierd.

- semivisible satelite in air, make a question, whot is it, why it is here, what it can go and how i can tak it out. Its only parth of storyline, but make no sence to gameplay. Only make a question for what is not fast answer and distract player.

- factory dont have different HQ.

- after finish building building have for a few second(1-2) grafics that looks like building is still in construct. It distract ppl for not be sure if enginer only dont stop work on 99%buliding.

- i was like more old big bertha artilery model as new comunication artilery center with air canon. air canon who fire looks vierd. It have some storybased, but that something that noone care, and noone know. Also artilery salve, and explosion are the best.

- air units texture are pretty nice.

- acu, and more important sacu models and texture.. sacu looks like be made from very cheap african manifacture and after corosion. gattling model is ehmmm, but new missile are awesome.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Xinnony » 09 Jan 2015, 15:21

- Rework all icon, button and UI ingame <3
Xinnony
Contributor

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: Xinnony

Postby Apofenas » 09 Jan 2015, 18:02

I don't like how SCUs look. For other factions(exept aeon in some cases) SCUs look awesome, but for nomads especially with some upgrades they look silly. Their head also seems like they were skyrim adventures in last life.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Brute51 » 11 Jan 2015, 15:37

Xinnony what is wrong with all that you mention? The ability panel needs some love but besides that?
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Xinnony » 11 Jan 2015, 22:46

Just reworked the sharpness of the image, i do not mean to change it.

One has the impression that it is for 640x480 resolution.

#pixelated
Xinnony
Contributor

Postby Brute51 » 11 Jan 2015, 23:18

Most of the icons are reused images from the original game. Could you update/rework the icons so they're better? I suck at 2D artistery and the guy who used to do 2D artwork is out of contact.
Brute51

Postby Xinnony » 12 Jan 2015, 01:09

Me no, but I'd like someone to do, I'd be delighted!
Xinnony
Contributor

Postby Brute51 » 12 Jan 2015, 21:21

In that case, I'll keep it in mind as a point to improve on but I expect it'll get low priority and not be handled soon.
Brute51

Postby --- » 11 May 2015, 10:42

I hope this still is an active thread. I love some aspects of the Nomads, yet some units/textures - frankly - made me cringe. Now, this is my chance to participiate in the adjustement of some things. I'll look at every unit in detail and post feedback when done. Thanks! :)
---
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 192 times

Next

Return to Nomads Discussions