Nomads AI bug

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Nomads AI bug

Postby RavenCurow » 30 Oct 2014, 01:34

I love the idea of the nomads and enjoy their faction a lot, but I've noticed a bug when playing them against the AI. For some reason it seems the AI doesn't know how to fight them or something. Every time I play against the AI the computer just sits in its base building up units. It will send small T1 waves at me, but that is it. I know it techs up, but it won't send advanced tier units after me. When I finally do have an army I feel confident enough to attack with I find the AI base riddled with T3 and experimental units that it was hoarding. I'm wondering why this might happen. Has anyone else experienced this?
RavenCurow

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: RavenCurow

Re: Nomads AI bug

Postby pip » 30 Oct 2014, 23:57

We're not aware of any specific AI problem like you describe with Nomads. However, depending on the map, if it has no AI marker, you may have poor performing AI. Make sure you play on a map with AI markers (or a default GPG map rather than custom) and see if you get the same problems.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby RavenCurow » 31 Oct 2014, 04:34

I already have. I've tried it with Open Palms, Flooded Strip Mine, White Fire, and Blasted Rock. All have the same result. However, I wonder if it could be the fault of the Sorian AI. Are the Nomads compatable with Sorian AI?

EDIT: After some desync problems when trying to play with a friends I found that some of my files had been corrupted. After a quick test I now find that the AI is as vicious as ever when playing the Nomads once again. Sorry for the trouble. It seems the problem was on my end lol.
RavenCurow

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: RavenCurow

Postby pip » 31 Oct 2014, 10:52

No problem, have fun!
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip