Light Gunship

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Light Gunship

Postby sasin » 22 May 2013, 23:16

I'm pretty new at this game so maybe I was just missing something, but it seems to me that the light gunship can't hit a moving target. Yesterday I played a nomads game against a computer and my light gunship just followed a scout for a while without doing it any damage. Against slower units I think it was still missing a lot.

Also, I played a game a few weeks ago and my friend sniped my commander with a ton of light gunships. It took forever, much longer than I think cybran would have.

Sorry I don't know how to attach a replay and I'm not at home!
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Re: Light Gunship

Postby ColonelSheppard » 22 May 2013, 23:40

just post the name of the replay here or just atach it like in any other forum as a file
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby ZLO_RD » 23 May 2013, 06:37

i had that issue, it is very annoying.

Remember that jester can shoot while target in range of his attack,
With moving units jester fails to get in range(moving behind target with same speed and never cach them).
So you have to micro jester to cach moving units and start shooting.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby sasin » 23 May 2013, 23:58

ZLO_RD wrote:i had that issue, it is very annoying.

Remember that jester can shoot while target in range of his attack,
With moving units jester fails to get in range(moving behind target with same speed and never cach them).
So you have to micro jester to cach moving units and start shooting.

Hey, just so I know, you mean the nomads version of the jester, right? And yeah, that seemed like it was happening with the scout for sure. But other times it was following slower units? I may be wrong.

And sorry Sheppard it happened in a series of games and I don't really know how to find it. Sorry if that's annoying, but just to be clear, I don't really care that much if you fix it if it is a problem. I figured it was better to at least let the nomads folks know what I experienced without providing a replay rather than not say anything at all. If it's not reproducible or something, I guess it's not a problem, but i suspect it's as easy as telling a scout to walk and then telling a nomads gunship to kill it. That much is pretty clear, but I guess testing would have to be done as to how well it hits slower moving targets, because I thought it wasn't so great.
sasin
Priest

Postby pip » 24 May 2013, 09:05

The Nomads light gunship has indeed a too low projectile speed compared to the Cybran jester, it will be fixed.
However, it will still be hard to kill units with small hitboxes like land scouts because the weapon has no AOE.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby sasin » 15 Jul 2013, 20:05

pip wrote:The Nomads light gunship has indeed a too low projectile speed compared to the Cybran jester, it will be fixed.
However, it will still be hard to kill units with small hitboxes like land scouts because the weapon has no AOE.

Thanks!
sasin
Priest

Return to Nomads Discussions