Thanks from some casual players and 1 question.

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Thanks from some casual players and 1 question.

Postby sasin » 01 May 2013, 20:58

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say let you know that the new race is really cool/appreciated. 3 of my friends and I are not very good at this game (~800) but like to play together and we've had a lot of fun with the nomads. I don't know if you automatically have access to all the nomads replays etc., but if you are interested to see how the race plays in the hands of less experienced players and can't see the replays already let me know.

I really just wanted to say thanks, but now that I'm writing I have a specific question. I think it looks pretty cool that mmls can fire from under water, and I was wondering how much people have utilized that quality and how effective it is. Can mmls fight ships effectively from underwater at all, or will they just get slaughtered? I notice that they outrange a cybran destroyer's torpedoes.

Also, the experimental transport sounds like the absolute coolest unit. So many potentially fun things you can do with it! One thing I was wondering though is isn't the experimental ghetto gunship a bit powerful compared to say a soul ripper? It seems like that would dominate like all facets of the battlefield, except for not being very survivable.

Thanks again for the hard work to make the race, and I just wanted you to know that there are casual players out there who really enjoy it as well!
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Re: Thanks from some casual players and 1 question.

Postby sasin » 01 May 2013, 21:16

Also,

On the wiki, the stealth thing is a "stealth shield" generator, but it's statistics are the same as the shield. I haven't yet seen the stealth in a game, so I was wondering if it has a shield function as well or if that is a typo.
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

Re: Thanks from some casual players and 1 question.

Postby pip » 01 May 2013, 22:49

Thanks for your interest in the faction! We can see all nomads replays very easily in the replay vault and we keep an eye for them.

The MML shooting from underwater is very nice to make surprise attacks, attack bases or land units while being protected. It can also work somewhow against frigates and undefended shipyards. However, due to the very low HP and slow speed of MML, they will be butchered by submarines or Destroyers, or torpedo bombers. If you can protect them from torpedo units though, they can offer some support to your navy, but it's hard to use them in deep sea due to their slow speed compared to sea units.

The T4 Transport has not many HP so it's much easier to counter than a Soul Ripper. If you load a Beamer inside, it will deal good damages for sure, but you cannot target what you want and there is no splash damages. All in all, it's quite convenient (when the transport is about to die, you can unload the Beamer to continue ground assault), but it's not as strong as a real t4 experimental. It's more versatile though.

Nomads have stealth upgrade incorporated in their shields. You can upgrade a t2 shield into a t2 stealth-shield and same for t3.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Return to Nomads Discussions