Nomads Lore

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Nomads Lore

Postby lafittejean » 09 Mar 2013, 20:40

I know it's not really pertaining to gameplay or anything, but what does the Nomads lore look like now? From reading descriptions I know that they're some sort of race of exiles back for revenge on those who exiled them, also they have spaceships. Otherwise I'm not really aware of anything else besides this old page on the supcom wikia (http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/The_Nomads which was created by Coloneljessup and links to an artworks page and a german language version of the page. That has only left me with more questions about the lore like, who is this?Image
If there were any answers I'd really appreciate it.
lafittejean
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Nomads Lore

Postby ColonelSheppard » 09 Mar 2013, 22:01

this is an artwork from Col. Jessep if i remember right, without any specific lore things
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby lafittejean » 09 Mar 2013, 23:45

Hmmm... On the wiki it's labeled "Officer of the Hegemony" or Nomad Soldier Woman 8 according to the photobucket label. Should have noticed that. Also, their motto is exterminate?
lafittejean
Crusader

Postby pip » 10 Mar 2013, 00:36

It's super good to have digged up this great artwork. I'm sure it can be used to make the Nomads more "sexy" to play with... The motto of the Nomads is rather pillage than exterminate, but they are often associated activities.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby MushrooMars » 10 Mar 2013, 03:22

The Nomads kill things. We are no longer particularly sure why, for what reason, how, or on what scale, but we do know they like to kill things.
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby lafittejean » 10 Mar 2013, 06:29

Generations ago, the Earth Empire deported a group of separatists across the galaxy. After what seemed like an endless amount of time, the huge transports reached a remote desert planet in a spiral arm far away from the old Empire. Removed from their home, they became a legend and the last remaining records of their existence were lost in the Infinite War. While the UEF, Aeon, and Cybran fought over the remains of the Earth Empire, the separatists adapted and regained their strength. Resources were scarce on their new homeworld, and the deported began to build a large fleet to seek out more. The Nomads were born.
The Nomads used their fleet to conquer neighboring species, and forced them into submission. Scavenging the technology and resources of their victims, the Nomads learned to manipulate time and space on a level far superior to anything the Earth Empire and its descendants had ever seen. When the first prototype of a quantum fluctuation drive was successfully tested, the Nomads knew the time of their return was close.

The new FTL drive allowed them to strike at will and without warning; they were no longer forced to rely on Quantum Gates to travel long distances. The Nomads kept raiding the systems in their spiral arm of the galaxy increasing their numbers and strength and nurturing their wrath on the successors of the old Earth Empire. After traveling a millennia the Nomads are at the doorstep of their old foes. They have only one objective: Exterminate!

That's the lore on the wiki, though I still have no idea why there's a hegemony...
lafittejean
Crusader

Postby pip » 10 Mar 2013, 09:02

I am not sure, but there is, or will be 2 clans among the Nomads: a main one, which will likely be the Hegemony, and a dissident clan.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Return to Nomads Discussions