Saving templates, Hotbuild, GAzui

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Saving templates, Hotbuild, GAzui

Postby pip » 26 Dec 2012, 14:19

Important : to players who can't save their templates, DISABLE ANY MOD, launch a game where you prepare all your templates, save them. Then reactivate your mods.

EDIT:
Here are versions of GAZUI and Hotbuild compatible with Nomads. They can be improved by adding icons for units that don't have one yet, but they work properly.
It is recommended to replace all previous version of GAZUI and Hotbuild by these so that there is no need to switch between the 2 versions when playing a Nomad game.

NB: it may require a second game start before the mods are effectively activated, but after that, you're good to go for as long as they are not deactivated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Re: Saving templates, Hotbuild, GAzui

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 26 Dec 2012, 20:47

Do these custom version also work with non-nomad games or do we have to change back in such a case?
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby pip » 26 Dec 2012, 21:35

Plasma_Wolf wrote:Do these custom version also work with non-nomad games or do we have to change back in such a case?

I have no idea, I don't use these mods myself. Moritz use them and for him they work. I guess they work without nomads too, but haven't checked.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Myxir » 26 Dec 2012, 23:51

before i found out that Moritz already made this, i enhanced zulands hotbuild mod with the buildings (next time i'll look before i do something like that :( ), and it works fine with any other faction
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby pip » 27 Dec 2012, 01:47

@Mixir : Well, it might be interesting to check out which version works best. Maybe you improved it a bit further. I don't really know how these mod works so I can't help people more than just posting the versions that are supposed to work. I ran into some errors a couple times with these mods enabled, so i'm not exactly sure they work well. So feel free to post your version and explain the new features / fixes, maybe they work better somehow.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Myxir » 27 Dec 2012, 11:31

i doubt my version is better, i'm a bit lazy and thus only added the nomads buildings, as i don't use the upgrade key or build units in factories via hotkeys

if you want to take a look, i uploaded it in this thread (can't upload it right here)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2575&p=25253#p25253
Myxir
Evaluator

Postby pip » 27 Dec 2012, 13:53

I have some errors when i launch a nomad game and these mods are enabled.

Code: Select all
[quote]Unhandled exception:

state->m_rootState == m_state

Program : C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
Cmd line arguments : /EnableDiskWatch /init init_Nomads.lua

Callstack:
   Unknown symbol (address 0x008d462c)

Last 100 lines of log...

warning: stack traceback:
warning:         [C]: in function `doscript'
warning:         [C]: in function `pcall'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
warning:         ...ever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(815): in main chunk
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
warning:         ...ed alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\economy.lua(16): in main chunk
warning:         ...lliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\missiontext.lua(19): in main chunk
warning:         ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(97): in function <...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua:60>
warning:         ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(322): in function `OnSync'
warning:         [string "OnSync()"](1): in main chunk
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/mods/gaz_ui/modules/keymapping.lua'
warning:         [C]: in function `error'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning:         ...ever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(815): in main chunk
warning:         ...ed alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\economy.lua(16): in main chunk
warning:         ...lliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\missiontext.lua(19): in main chunk
warning:         ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(97): in function <...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua:60>
warning:         ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(322): in function `OnSync'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
warning:         ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/economy.lua'
warning: Error running lua command: ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(97): Error importing '/lua/ui/game/missiontext.lua'
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `error'
            ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
            ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(97): in function <...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua:60>
            ...ta\faforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\usersync.lua(322): in function `OnSync'
            [string "OnSync()"](1): in main chunk
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua\000'
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /nomadhook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/gaz_ui/gaz_ui/gaz_ui/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
info: Hooked /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua with /mods/hotbuild/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua
debug: Loading module '\000/mods/gaz_ui/modules/keymapping.lua\000'
warning: Unable to find file /mods/gaz_ui/modules/keymapping.lua
warning: ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): Error importing '/mods/gaz_ui/modules/keymapping.lua'
warning: Error importing /lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:
         Error importing '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua'
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `error'
            ...alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(52): in function `import'
warning: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnBeat': attempt to index a nil value
         stack traceback:

I think something doesn't work fully.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Myxir » 27 Dec 2012, 18:13

i hope you use GAZ 6.0 (not 6.1) and don't unzip the hotbuild.zip file
Myxir
Evaluator

Postby pip » 06 Jan 2013, 19:00

I have GAZUI 6.0 and it just doesn't work, none of the versions that are supposed to work with Nomads work. :/
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby noms » 09 Jan 2013, 02:39

Myxir wrote:i hope you use GAZ 6.0 (not 6.1) and don't unzip the hotbuild.zip file

What is the reason for not unzipping the hotbuild file? I have been using ALL my mods (GAZUI 6, hotbuild, mex manager, hotstats) unzipped and had no issues thusfar. Hotbuild works perfectly with all factions. GAZUI templates also work but I have to create the templates using other factions (cannot create new templates while using nomads faction)

For those who can't get some units to work in hotbuild you need to edit the buildingtab.lua file. Once in game make sure all the hotkeys are working. Bring up the cheat menu (Alt-f2) and make sure the nomads units are referenced correctly in buildingtab.lua (i had to fix several discrepancies)

If you cant bring up the cheat menu add this code to the game.prefs file:

UserKeyMap = {
['Alt-F2'] = 'cheat_menu'
}

UserKeyActions = {
cheat_menu = {
order = 9999,
action = 'PopupCreateUnitMenu',
category = 'ui' }

}
noms

Has liked: 1 time