Nomad fans here!

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Nomad fans here!

Postby Softly » 23 Sep 2012, 18:21

Post here to introduce yourself to other nomad fans!
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Re: Nomad fans here!

Postby ColonelSheppard » 23 Sep 2012, 18:29

hey guys,

I'm Sheppard, you may know when you once have been sniped by gettho gunships.
Can't await until Nomands come out and i hope they will have super cool t2 transports and high dmg tech one bots...
the idea of having a new race is great: Keep up the good work!
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Prince__ » 23 Sep 2012, 21:19

Heya guys,

I'm Prince.You maybe remember my super awesome flames,making some trouble here and there OR as a huge SupCom:Forged Alliance supporter back in the GPGnet times....yeah there was a time where I didn't flame around.

I also can't wait for the Nomads to noob with them around the maps!! Until now and everything what I've read and seen I'm damn impressed and will of course support it as good as I can IF they're out,since I can't do anything for them now.

Prince
Prince__
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: UES_Prince

Postby Softly » 23 Sep 2012, 23:55

I look forward immensely to the day where we can go for a fully open public beta, and then also hopefully the day they become fully integrated into the FA game.

Also another shout out to anyone with any experience making textures to come forward- you would officially be a superhero within the group :D
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby dotswarlock » 12 Feb 2013, 02:28

Hello, I’m Dotswarlock, recently new to FAForever (and now the forum since this is my first post). I was not really known for my playing skills back in the GPG days, but mostly for writing in the “Fan Fiction” section. I heard about FAForever and Nomad through word of mouth and after checking it out, I have to say that I am really impressed with everything that you guys have accomplished (had a fun time testing out Nomad against the AI, hehe). Nicely done indeed!

While there might still be some spots to polish, you guys are working on a very nice gem which has some really good potential with enhancing the Supcom lore. So again, congratulations! I look forward to the day when this goes live! :)
dotswarlock
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: dotswarlock

Postby pip » 12 Feb 2013, 09:27

Thanks for the comments! But it is live, it's fully playable.

As for the lore, maybe you can help in the future to make it fit in the Supcom universe. There is a campaign planned but I don't know if it will be really fulfilled. There are some general ideas concerning the Nomads background that can be fleshed out in fan fictions wether an actual campaign backs it up or not.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby dotswarlock » 13 Feb 2013, 05:02

pip wrote:Thanks for the comments! But it is live, it's fully playable.

As for the lore, maybe you can help in the future to make it fit in the Supcom universe. There is a campaign planned but I don't know if it will be really fulfilled. There are some general ideas concerning the Nomads background that can be fleshed out in fan fictions wether an actual campaign backs it up or not.

The concept is tempting, I assure you. I have spent the last several months working on my own brand of fan fiction, however, and I doubt that I could support a second story while maintaining the first. If real life manages to calm down though then I'll be sure to volunteer :)

There are dozens of ways to insert the Nomads within the original lore that would be very interesting :)
dotswarlock
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: dotswarlock

Postby ColonelSheppard » 13 Feb 2013, 10:17

the original lore is very basic and to be fully honest: i dont like it at all search for it in the SupCom wiki (not FAF wiki) or i think its somewhere in this forum too
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Return to Nomads Discussions